PROTEIN BARS - BEST ONES? FAVE? FREQUENCY?

Options
IrmaC94
IrmaC94 Posts: 39 Member
Hi All, Just wondering what your favorite protein bars are, which you think are the best and how often/when do you eat them? I like the Power Bars for after working out but also need something to snack on throughout the day when I'm not at my desk.

Replies

• javiybrenda956
    javiybrenda956 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Protein bars can be very handy when on the go you just gotta read the macros to see witch bars suits you best I got with quest bars the cookies and cream and pumkin pie bar
  • chewyxrage
    chewyxrage Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Quest Bars - Cookies & Cream and Peanut Butter & Jelly are my favorite.

Just tried a new one the other day that was pretty good and would work well when you're craving cake or something, Oh Yeah Birthday Cake bars:

http://www.amazon.com/OhYeah-Nutrition-Birthday-Cake-Count/dp/B01771U860
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I enjoy Luna bars and have had good luck with Quest. Had a Luna bar and banana for breakfast today because I am out and about. I eat them a few times a week.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Quest bars in my area are $3 a piece. That's over $1,000 a year. I stick to pure protein from walmart (good enough).
    .57 each when they go on sale at costco
  • DanSTL82
    DanSTL82 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Pretty much just Quest and Larabar. I've heard the others aren't nearly as good due to sugar content and other factors.
  • krislshoe
    krislshoe Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Fit crunch bars are amazing !! I also love quest cookies and cream bars .
  • aalixandruh
    aalixandruh Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Pure protein bars are pretty good if you get the right flavored. Some flavored can be high in sugar. However, they fill me up and keep my full for a long time!
  • hellonew2015
    hellonew2015 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I tried all of the above and more. I will always go back to Oh Yeah Victory bar , cookie dough and cookie and cream, it is a better taste, healthier option and nothing artificial, good macros. I eat them daily 1 bar per day split in half. They sell at Publix for $2 per bar

http://www.amazon.com/Yeah-Victory-Chocolate-Cookie-Dough/dp/B00CP3KLNQ/ref=sr_1_6_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1460143524&sr=8-6&keywords=oh+yeah+protein+bars+victory
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    No Cow are my favorite!

21g protein, 20g fiber, 4g fat and only 160 calories...AND they're delicious!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I was a full-on Quest bar girl...and then I tried Combat Crunch chocolate chip cookie dough. No going back!
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I was a full-on Quest bar girl...and then I tried Combat Crunch chocolate chip cookie dough. No going back!

*nods in agreement*

I am so done with Quest. I never received their sample of the re formulated bars, and they raised their prices. Ugh $40/ box here in Canada. F that. Combat crunch bars are awesome, I haven't found a flavour I don't like. Think Thin, the salted caramel ones are goo too, but have only 10 grams of protein. I'm also a fan of Robert Irvine's Fit Elite bars, the birthday cake flavour is my favourite.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of Quest bars (love their protein chips). I like Pure Protein, Supreme Protein and ThinkThin bars. I'll have to check out Combat and No Cow.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Quest bars in my area are $3 a piece. That's over $1,000 a year. I stick to pure protein from walmart (good enough).
    .57 each when they go on sale at costco

They're between $4 and $5.20 each here. I love the cookie dough flavour, and treat them like gold, and only have one when i really, really, really want one. I could easily eat 2 a day everyday, and would if they weren't so damn expensive!

I have yet to find a protein bar with better macros AND taste here.
  • dawn_noelle29
    dawn_noelle29 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Combat Crunch Bars are my absolute favorite! Cookie dough is the best - throw them in the microwave for a few seconds...even better :)
  • antennachick
    antennachick Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Quest and mission 1 bars...if calories arent as much on a issue I really like cliff and larabar protien and Elizabeth hassleback no gii (they are like candy bars)
  • kuftae
    kuftae Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Quest is clearly the best, though expensive. I just make my own. Still can't get the macros of quest bars with homemade, especially the fiber content-- how do they do it?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    kuftae wrote: »
    Quest is clearly the best, though expensive. I just make my own. Still can't get the macros of quest bars with homemade, especially the fiber content-- how do they do it?

Do you buy that fibre liquid stuff? Someone here will know what it's called.
  • RWClary
    RWClary Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    After reading up on the quality control issues with supplements, my reservation has always been whether the products match the label claims.

• kuftae
    kuftae Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    kuftae wrote: »

Do you buy that fibre liquid stuff? Someone here will know what it's called.

Ahh, that must be their trick. no, I haven't heard of it before. Would be interested in trying a quest imitation recipe with it though.
  • MarciBkonTrk
    MarciBkonTrk Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Quest bar Vanilla Almond Crunch! It tastes like a Bit 'O Honey!!!