Healthy caffeine????

Options

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    loulamb7 wrote: »
    I just drink coffee.

Me too. Caffeine is caffeine, and I like coffee more than tea or diet soda, although I occasionally drink those.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    nosajjao wrote: »
    Caffeine addict here. I drink Monster Ultra Zero - all the caffeine, none of the calories - if that's what you're looking for.

So the ingredients is just water and caffeine? What about all those mystery chemicals in there? Are they good for you?

I don't see anything super scary in there...

43ww3lkeadwt.jpg
  • quiksylver296
    edited April 2016
    Options
    My curiosity got peaked and I looked up all the "mystery chemicals"...

Sodium Citrate - sodium salt of citric acid (not scary)
    Glucuronolactone - natural metabolite of glucose (not scary)
    Aspartame - sweetener (not scary, unless you eat 40,000 pounds or something)
    Sucralose - sweetener (not scary)
    Acesulfame K - potassium (not scary)
    Inositol - Vitamin B8 (not scary)
    Niacinamide - Vitamin B3 (not scary)
    Calcium Pantothenate - Vitamin B5 (not scary)
    Pyridoxine - Vitamin B6 (not scary)

I think I'm good to go!

ojujga3m5127.gif
  • 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Caffeine addict here. I drink Monster Ultra Zero - all the caffeine, none of the calories - if that's what you're looking for.

So the ingredients is just water and caffeine? What about all those mystery chemicals in there? Are they good for you?

I can't pronounce half those words. TOXXXXXXXXXXXXXIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNSSSSSSS!

I'm pretty sure FoodBabe would not approve. I'm sure something in there is used in the manufacture of car dashboards. Do you really want to be drinking car parts?
  • quiksylver296
    Options

I'm pretty sure FoodBabe would not approve. I'm sure something in there is used in the manufacture of car dashboards. Do you really want to be drinking car parts?

b3kpwr9kna7e.jpg
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options

Well it doesn't contain Dihydrogen monoxide, that stuff is seriously scary.
    ( @quiksylver296 - mine was not serious!)
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Afura wrote: »

I got that one. I am very familiar with dihydrogen monoxide!
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options

I got that one. I am very familiar with dihydrogen monoxide!

I hate perpetuating a myth, so I like to clarify on some of them when it may not be terribly obvious. :smiley:
  • 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    Options

Don't discount the risk of Dihydrogen Monoxide, and its MUCH scarier isomer, Monohydrogen Hydroxide. It has been linked to every death ever known, some people have died as a direct result of using it, and even worse, it's an ingredient in so-called non-alcoholic "beer".

@quiksylver296 My sarcasm must be off today!
  • quiksylver296
    Options

Don't discount the risk of Dihydrogen Monoxide, and its MUCH scarier isomer, Monohydrogen Hydroxide. It has been linked to every death ever known, some people have died as a direct result of using it, and even worse, it's an ingredient in so-called non-alcoholic "beer".

@quiksylver296 My sarcasm must be off today!

Oh, good! Maybe my sarcasm reader is taking Friday off! :D
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    I work a first shift job 5 days a week and have a lot of after work things going on with two young children , when it comes to around 8 pm when it's time to walk/jog/ exercise I have no energy to spare. Is the green tea store bought or tea bags?

Wait, you are drinking caffeine before you are going to bed? I would get little true sleep if I did that. I would rather go to bed and wake up earlier and exercise before work. but that's just me. I'm really susceptible to caffeine. I often eat an apple if I get sleepy on the night shift and get a boost of energy and it does not interfere with my sleep cycle. The sugar content is high though because I get the huge crunchy ones! I'm really not a health nut.
  • MsArriabella
    MsArriabella Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I don't think you can use Food Babe and serious in the same post... ;)
  • asmitty1992
    asmitty1992 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    I work a first shift job 5 days a week and have a lot of after work things going on with two young children , when it comes to around 8 pm when it's time to walk/jog/ exercise I have no energy to spare. Is the green tea store bought or tea bags?

Wait, you are drinking caffeine before you are going to bed? I would get little true sleep if I did that. I would rather go to bed and wake up earlier and exercise before work. but that's just me. I'm really susceptible to caffeine. I often eat an apple if I get sleepy on the night shift and get a boost of energy and it does not interfere with my sleep cycle. The sugar content is high though because I get the huge crunchy ones! I'm really not a health nut.

I want something mid day. I tried green tea when i was off work and feel pretty energized without the 220 calorie energy drink I would normally gulp down. :)
  • asmitty1992
    asmitty1992 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Nooo more monster anything for me!!!
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,008 Member
    Options
    Sleep.
    Exercise.
    Black coffee.
  • ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    Options

Seriously laughed out loud at this-well done sir, well done :)
  • ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    OP-for caffeine I drink diet soda and then black tea (mint flavored).
  • Lovee_Dove7
    Lovee_Dove7 Posts: 742 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Green tea caffeine is theanine, I believe, and has a soothing effect on the nervous system, but helps with energy and clear thinking. You'll have to google that because that's just what I remember about it. But honestly I don't think there is anything wrong with a cup or two of coffee in the morning, the caffeine will be gone by bedtime!

I really like matcha (powdered green tea).