Foods you don't have to make an effort to avoid.

Options

Replies

• Chilliaddict
    Chilliaddict Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    For me it's easy to avoid crisps, sweets, icecream, biscuits, white bread (have lways hated the stuff) and full fat soft drinks. Oh and fried foods
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    White bread- I've been eating whole wheat or whole grain for years. I used to hate my mom for making us eat this and not giving us white bread, but I'm so thankful now.
    Potato chips- I used to love these, but now they're just so greasy and they've become really easy to avoid. I do live baked cheetos or sunchips every now and again.
    Fried chicken strips and cheeseburgers- I'm a vegetarian now, and these foods are so unappetizing to me, but a few months ago I could have eaten them daily.
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Bacon. I seriously don't understand the obsession.
    Regular soda.
    Whole Milk (I was raised on skim.)
    Ice Cream. This is a fairly recent development. The last time I had it it turned my tummy upside down. SO not worth it.

Oddly enough my chocolate obsesion seems to have died away a bit. I'm a bit conflicted about this.
  • leonardk09
    leonardk09 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Pizza Rolls. UGH. I cannot even stand the smell. They make me want to vomit. Oh, and white bread. I"m a flax/wheat kinda gal :)
  • paperpusher3
    paperpusher3 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I don't crave bread like a lot of people. I can stay away from most sweets, dark chocolate being the exception. I used to keep it in the house in the freezer but I don't do that anymore. It's hard sometime because my daughter and two small grandkids are living with us and my daughter love to bake with her daughter. Then, we'll have brownies or cake in the house. As long as I don't take that first bite, I'm OK. Also not interested in regular milk or soda. Only have diet cola once in a while.

Ice cream is my weak spot, especially now that it's hot. I buy the No Sugar Added version but I've been reading the labels on that and it's not much better than regular ice cream and sometimes it's worse. I don't understand how it can have more carbs if there's no added sugar. The search continues for a low fat, lower calorie substitute.
  • Cadenpet
    Cadenpet Posts: 79
    Options
    Like a lot of people non diet sodas. I used to drink them in college and when I switched to diet I lost 10 lbs without changing anything else. And hm no temptation by hamburgers of any sort.
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I don't want anything that I actually have. I bring my breakfast/lunch/snacks to work and I never want what I bring. If I bring leftover Indian food, I want a can of Slimfast. If I have Slimfast, I want a sandwich. Same thing at home. I pick one or two relatively harmless things for treats during the week and once they're in the house, I lose interest. I was craving fudgesicles for weeks, bought a box, ate one, and the rest have been sitting for a month. It's good in a way, but annoying too.
  • _Aimée_
    _Aimée_ Posts: 190
    Options
    McDonalds, KFC, Burger King vomit+emote.gif
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I can't stand candy bars. Haven't enjoyed them since my early teens. They are sure expensive these days too.

I do like a lot of unhealthy stuff like doughnuts, chips, pie, cake, ice cream, dr pepper, mountain dew. But have learned that if ya don't buy them and you don't take any when they are offered the urge to consume eventually goes away. Plus I hate myself for thinking about eating that kind of stuff now so its not hard to avoid these days.
  • helenoftroy1
    helenoftroy1 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    sweets
    pizza
    choc fudge cake
    bread
    whole milk
    full fat drinks
    cake.

i'm a real pain the *kitten* when it comes to burgers or sandwiches, I always leave the bread and eat the filling!!! I like pizza topping just not the base. I like moist, crunchy and savoury!
  • crzyracer_03
    Options
    I can avoid almost anything fried. My addiction is CARBS! Any and all carbs are my weakness, however, I am learning how to eat them in extreme moderation! :happy:
  • babydull
    babydull Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I'm not fussy, I eat most things. Really not into sweets (sugar candy) though.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I've never liked bread so I'm lucky in that way. It just doesn't appeal to me. Also, I don't drink milk. I'll have half & half in my coffee when I do choose to drink coffee, but that's about it. I don't like muffins and most of the processed twinkie-like non-food "treats" at all... and oddly enough, I don't eat fried foods... and I'm from Alabama!
  • nickiog
    nickiog Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    anything with cilantro, pretty much anything fried or greasy, regular soda( oh god, ive turned into my mom!) white bread, butter, crunchy cookies, donuts... are all things i dont really care to eat.

my downfall is cheese omg cheeeeese! and sweets..like cheesecake, brownies, candy etc..lol
  • comcatee
    comcatee Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I can't stand cream cheese or cheesecake. And I absolutely HATE mayonnaise. Just smelling it makes me gag... it smells like rotten milk to me.

I definitely have a sweet tooth though so i just try to eat sweets in moderation.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I don't really care for fried food, fast food, sugary breakfast food, chips, cheesecake, cheese, full fat/sugar drinks...

But ice cream. ICE CREAM I LOVE IT!!!!!
  • somigliana
    somigliana Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I don't have to worry about avoiding fries, anything crumbed or fried or battered, pork ribs, bacon, cheese, anything in pastry, pies, doughnuts, sugar (on cereal or in coffee), cream, sausages, cream-based sauces, fast food.

But I do have to be careful with ice cream. And frozen yogurt. And chocolate covered raisins :)
  • squigglypuff
    squigglypuff Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I've never liked cheese, mayonnaise, butter, or most sauces ... but i have a serious sweet tooth!
  • annabellio
    annabellio Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    My non-issues are fast food, sweets and soda of any kind ! That's one of the things i love about MFP is that I have found people have the same nemesis (es) as I : martinis cheese and foodie type food. oh yeah, and pizza. Good pizza. :tongue:
  • sue26
    sue26 Posts: 412
    Options
    I dont have any problem avoiding ice cream, pop of any description or carrots:laugh: