Fitbit charge HR VS. Samsung gear fir

Options
Think about getting a fitbit charge HR or Samsung gear fit. Any suggestions. Pros or cons

Replies

• 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about the Fitbit Charge hR, so I'll bookmark this and watch for info. Sorry I don't have any for you.
  • jennvee
    jennvee Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have had both. I prefer the Charge HR because Fitbit syncs with a lot of other services better. I also thought the screen on the Gear Fit looked huge on my wrist. It did have a beautiful display, and I liked how you could read text messages on the screen, which the Fitbit doesn't do. The Gear Fit reminded me of a smart watch, which was nice, but the Fitbit is more comfortable to me. Either one is great, though. Hope that helps!
  • bowtie3dx2
    bowtie3dx2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just returned the Samsung Gear, it's nice for all the features it has but not accurate at giving you your HR. I exchanged it for the Fitbit Surge, just finished a workout with it tonight and so far it has been more accurate at tracking my HR...if you're in it for the smart watch functionality then the Samsung Gear is the way to go, but if you're looking for more accurate HR during running or working out then I would go with the Fitbit...my opinion and experiences, hope this helps a little.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • willybean01
    willybean01 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks
  • Katerbels
    Katerbels Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    For those that prefer the Fitbit, what type of phone do you have? I have a Samsung (Note 5), bought a Fitbit Blaze and returned it because they're not compatible with each other. Very sad. I was thinking about a Samsung Gear, since they're both Samsung and will likely work together, but if they're not accurate...why bother. Can you elaborate a little on that?
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I don't know about other phones, but my Charge HR works perfectly with my BlackBerry PRIV (android OS)
  • MTDDS18
    MTDDS18 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Katerbels wrote: »
    For those that prefer the Fitbit, what type of phone do you have? I have a Samsung (Note 5), bought a Fitbit Blaze and returned it because they're not compatible with each other. Very sad. I was thinking about a Samsung Gear, since they're both Samsung and will likely work together, but if they're not accurate...why bother. Can you elaborate a little on that?

Why couldn't you get the FitBit app for android? My mother has the Blaze and a Note and the app works perfectly fine for her
  • jadasanders14
    jadasanders14 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit and a galaxy s6. They sync just fine via Bluetooth on the app.
  • Katerbels
    Katerbels Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    My Note 5 just would not sync more than half of the time, plus I couldn't get notifications or control my music with it. I checked on the Fitbit site and forums, and apparently mine is 1 of the Galaxy phones that isn't compatible, even though I did have the Android app. They say they're working on getting them to sync, but I guess it's a known issue. Lesson learned, check compatible devices before I buy anything lol.
  • hadiyaha
    hadiyaha Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit hr and I love how it syncs with myfitnesspal. It makes tracking exercise and calories in versus calories out super easy!
  • cocobee2016
    cocobee2016 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am so addicted to my fitbit zip, the glorified pedometer that only cost me $60, I wont even walk to the toilet without it lol. Me who used to think it wasn't possible to "buy" motivation, it is fun and very encouraging and this is coming from a person who used to HATE exercise. I heard some are faulty so I suggest you check there is a return warranty just in case you find something wrong with it.
  • cocobee2016
    cocobee2016 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    hadiyaha wrote: »
    I have the Fitbit hr and I love how it syncs with myfitnesspal. It makes tracking exercise and calories in versus calories out super easy!

and also what she said :)
  • ThermoDust
    ThermoDust Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Think about getting a fitbit charge HR or Samsung gear fit. Any suggestions. Pros or cons

I think a real question you need to ask yourself is what are you buying it for? Smart watch capabilities or fitness capabilities?

While I know this one wasn't in your group, I personally chose the Microsoft Band 2 due to the accuracy I was seeing in reviews.

A video that might help is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mUejI-P_ZU