Sushi Calories???

Options
The roll I eat is called a Toke Roll, named after the restaurant. The staff and owners do not understand me when I ask for nutrition information because they do not speak English well, and I do not speak Japanese.

I want to log it, but I don't know how exactly, and I don't know the ingredients in order to deconstruct it. It is lightly fried with cream cheese and crab?

Any ideas?

Replies

• sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    You could try logging it as a deep fried california roll and then maybe add some calories for the cream cheese.
  • chrislee1628
    chrislee1628 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I'd say look at the sushi that supermarkets are selling, and then find one that is as similar as you can, maybe add a few more calories if it looks healthier than the toke roll
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Cream cheese and crab - sounds similar to a Philadelphia roll - possibly similar in calories? But then fried would add some additional calories. It'll be pretty high in calories whatever it is - just look for something high and log the closest thing. I try to avoid fried and cream cheese when ordering sushi (although its oh so yummy!)
  • jaygreen55
    jaygreen55 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Check out this link for a very reliable guide to calories and macros in sushi

http://www.sushifaq.com/sushi-health/calories-in-sushi/
  • ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    jaygreen55 wrote: »
    Check out this link for a very reliable guide to calories and macros in sushi

http://www.sushifaq.com/sushi-health/calories-in-sushi/

bplq79lfmuwh.jpg
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious! I log all my sushi at 400 calories per roll. I eat about 5 rolls when we go out. The rolls I get aren't fried, but they have avocado or spicy tuna or spicy crab or cream cheese - the rice and mayo is what makes them calorie bombs.

Thankfully, we don't get it often and I fast during the day so I can fit all the yummy rolls in :)