Tracker

Options
So I'm not sure if this is the right forum to be talking about this on but I'm looking at getting something to keep track of everything that syncs with MFP. And I've been debating between a Fitbit or Apple Watch but I haven't decided if the apple watch is really what I want. Does anyone use the Fitbit and like it?

Replies

• jadasanders14
    jadasanders14 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I use fitbit. I love it. It tracks my heart rate, steps, syncs with MFP, I use it to map my runs and it has reminders on it that tells me I need to get my butt up.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I have had a Fitbit One since Dec. 2012. I love it. I wear it 24/7, except for an hour or so every 2 weeks when it's charging, and it's still going strong.

I debated going to one of the Fitbit heart rate/GPS watches last year but decided I really like the fact that I don't have to wear my tracker on my wrist. I clip mine to my bra and it discreetly tracks my activities all day long.
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Right now I have a Fitbit charge HR on one wrist and a jawbone up3 on the other comparing the 2. I think the Fitbit is way overestimating steps and calories. It gave me steps while I was driving. I'm also finding the jawbone much more comfortable. And, the Fitbit has drained half the battery in just over 24 hrs. Just food for thought.
  • RacheLoko
    RacheLoko Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I use fitbit. I love it. It tracks my heart rate, steps, syncs with MFP, I use it to map my runs and it has reminders on it that tells me I need to get my butt up.

Lol so which Fitbit do you have then?
  • RacheLoko
    Options
    SueInAz wrote: »
    I have had a Fitbit One since Dec. 2012. I love it. I wear it 24/7, except for an hour or so every 2 weeks when it's charging, and it's still going strong.

I debated going to one of the Fitbit heart rate/GPS watches last year but decided I really like the fact that I don't have to wear my tracker on my wrist. I clip mine to my bra and it discreetly tracks my activities all day long.
    Ok yeah j was looking at the HR one if I did it it bc I want that to be tracked which is why I was like well why not look at the Apple Watch. And I had little clip one when then first came it and ended up losing it lol
  • RacheLoko
    Options
    Right now I have a Fitbit charge HR on one wrist and a jawbone up3 on the other comparing the 2. I think the Fitbit is way overestimating steps and calories. It gave me steps while I was driving. I'm also finding the jawbone much more comfortable. And, the Fitbit has drained half the battery in just over 24 hrs. Just food for thought.
    Hmm I don't think I've even heard of the jawbone. I'll have to look into that one too
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Love Fitbit. I have used several models and am currently using the Blaze.
    I prefer the Blaze over the Surge (used last year). Besides being a bit ugly, the only thing the Surge has that the Blaze doesn't is built in GPS. The Surge also has a black/white screen and you can't buy replacement bands (mine started breaking around the year mark).
    Blaze has the HRM, a color screen, connected GPS (this means it ises your phones GPS same as Apple watch), you can select different exercise modes, 3 fitstar workouts programmed in (shows you what exercise to do, times you and vibrates at transitions), and you can replace the bands. When I was looking to buy a second surge and saw that the Blaze was coming out, I just couldn't pass it up.

The purple band is the Blaze (my wrists are 5.5" and both devices are size small):
    it2fyl0jci49.jpg
  • shortcdngirl
    shortcdngirl Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I love my fit bit charge hr just wish I could change the band. I really enjoy the fitbit app too as I now log all my foods there instead of here

I have 7lbs to go before I reward myself and a blaze with a white band would be a nice prezzy. Hmmm ;)
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I've owed the Fitbit; One, Flex, Charge HR, and recently had the Blaze. I now own the Apple Watch and absolutely love it. So far the Apple Watch is the most accurate fitness device in terms of tracking my HR and distance throughout the day. It's also doing a nice job with calculating my daily resting and active calorie burn. My Fitbits always seemed to overstate my calorie burn and steps/miles traveled during the day. The Apple Watch was easier to calculate my stride with since all I had to do was use it together with my iPhone 6S and walk for 20 minutes outside. Then repeat the process by running for 20 minutes. This calibrated the Apple Watch so that I no longer have to take my iPhone with me when I walk or run in order to get an accurate step count. With my Fitbits, I had to calculate my own stride which for some odd reason never seemed correct even after I entered it in Fitbits settings.... I would try a Fitbit and an Apple Watch for yourself and see which one works best for you. You do pay a little more for an Apple Watch VS the Blaze. But being able to use other Fitness apps, make and receive calls, send text messages and emails, makes the extra $150 that I paid for my Apple Watch totally worth it for me. :)
  • RacheLoko
    Options
    Love Fitbit. I have used several models and am currently using the Blaze.
    I prefer the Blaze over the Surge (used last year). Besides being a bit ugly, the only thing the Surge has that the Blaze doesn't is built in GPS. The Surge also has a black/white screen and you can't buy replacement bands (mine started breaking around the year mark).
    Blaze has the HRM, a color screen, connected GPS (this means it ises your phones GPS same as Apple watch), you can select different exercise modes, 3 fitstar workouts programmed in (shows you what exercise to do, times you and vibrates at transitions), and you can replace the bands. When I was looking to buy a second surge and saw that the Blaze was coming out, I just couldn't pass it up.

The purple band is the Blaze (my wrists are 5.5" and both devices are size small):
    it2fyl0jci49.jpg

OOoooh the blaze looks so pretty and kind of like an Apple Watch! Maybe I could o that one. I just don't want to spend money on it and not end using it
  • RacheLoko
    Options
    Eileen_S wrote: »
    I've owed the Fitbit; One, Flex, Charge HR, and recently had the Blaze. I now own the Apple Watch and absolutely love it. So far the Apple Watch is the most accurate fitness device in terms of tracking my HR and distance throughout the day. It's also doing a nice job with calculating my daily resting and active calorie burn. My Fitbits always seemed to overstate my calorie burn and steps/miles traveled during the day. The Apple Watch was easier to calculate my stride with since all I had to do was use it together with my iPhone 6S and walk for 20 minutes outside. Then repeat the process by running for 20 minutes. This calibrated the Apple Watch so that I no longer have to take my iPhone with me when I walk or run in order to get an accurate step count. With my Fitbits, I had to calculate my own stride which for some odd reason never seemed correct even after I entered it in Fitbits settings.... I would try a Fitbit and an Apple Watch for yourself and see which one works best for you. You do pay a little more for an Apple Watch VS the Blaze. But being able to use other Fitness apps, make and receive calls, send text messages and emails, makes the extra $150 that I paid for my Apple Watch totally worth it for me. :)

Hmm ok that's what I've heard multiple times about the Fitbit and I want something accurate. But yeah I agree. And honestly my boyfriend works for Apple and will get me a discount of around that anyways so the price would be about the same. Thanks!
  • RacheLoko
    Options
    I love my fit bit charge hr just wish I could change the band. I really enjoy the fitbit app too as I now log all my foods there instead of here

I have 7lbs to go before I reward myself and a blaze with a white band would be a nice prezzy. Hmmm ;)

Hmm ok is the Fitbit app glitchy at all? But hahha how exciting!
  • livelovebbg
    livelovebbg Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    When I had a FitBit Charge HR I found that it would count steps when I wasn't moving and simply just moving my arms around. It drove me nuts. I did love the sleep tracker. I eventually got an Apple Watch through my work, and I love it. I find that it's very accurate, and I love that it reminds me to stand up throughout the day (I work in an office, at a desk). I miss the sleep tracker on my FitBit, though.
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Now you guys are making me want to go look at an Apple Watch! LOL

I'm glad to see others are having the same problem with the fit bit charge HR and that it wasn't just me. It was confusing.

If anyone happens to be interested in trying out the jawbone up3, which has an amazing sleep tracker, it's on sale at Best Buy for $99.99 until at least Saturday. Target matched it for me and I got an extra 5% off with my red card. If you happen to live near Costco, they have a bundle with the up move in it as well, which is their clip on one, on clearance for $59.97. The item number is 805212. A lot of them are selling out because of the ridiculously low price. The only thing with the bundle from Costco is that it only comes in the black. For that price who cares.
  • shortcdngirl
    shortcdngirl Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    RacheLoko wrote: »

Hmm ok is the Fitbit app glitchy at all? But hahha how exciting!

Not that I have noticed. I just find it easier to track everything under one roof
  • andrcollrvt
    andrcollrvt Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Truthfully, I dislike my shitbit (Fitbit). I'm just happy I didn't pay for it. I recommend reading the reviews and selecting a product that fits your individual needs.
  • RacheLoko
    Options
    When I had a FitBit Charge HR I found that it would count steps when I wasn't moving and simply just moving my arms around. It drove me nuts. I did love the sleep tracker. I eventually got an Apple Watch through my work, and I love it. I find that it's very accurate, and I love that it reminds me to stand up throughout the day (I work in an office, at a desk). I miss the sleep tracker on my FitBit, though.

Everyone has pretty much convinced me to get the Apple Watch at this point so that'll probably be what I do. But the sleep tracker is pretty cool though
  • RacheLoko
    Options
    Truthfully, I dislike my shitbit (Fitbit). I'm just happy I didn't pay for it. I recommend reading the reviews and selecting a product that fits your individual needs.

See everyone's reviews are so polar opposite. They either love it or hate it. Which one did you have?
  • RosieRose7673
    RosieRose7673 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely pro Apple Watch. Especially since you get a discount!

I love my Apple Watch!