Hi, need to loose 100 pounds, is anyone in a similar journey?

Options
Hi all, my name is Andrea and I put in 100 pounds from lack of self-esteem, lack of self-worth, laziness, indulgence and always prioritising others above myself. I have a 6 years old and I owe it to her and me to fix this depression that I find myself in. I have a challenging job that is so interesting but relationship with my manager is strained and stressful, I am guilty of using food as emotional scape. Treats were my reward for trooping through the day. To make things worse I don't enjoy to exercise so I know need to learn how to find pleasure in exercising and start somehow to like it. Guys it would help so much to get to know a few of you and get some support in this journey that starts today!

Replies

• bigyear2016
    bigyear2016 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi ..I am as well looking for 100+ lbs to lose...sent you the request to add...
  • ScotsLass78
    ScotsLass78 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hi there....I am looking to lose 100+ too, and I have a difficult relationship with food/self esteem too. I don't have children, but I care for my husband who has bipolar so I know what it's like to put someone above your own health. It's going to be a long hard journey, but speaking to people going through seems to be helping me focus and stay committed (for a change!). I've sent a request too....
  • commkrista4
    commkrista4 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi. Reading your post, it's almost as if I wrote it myself! I also have 100+ to lose. I have an 8 yr old boy who deserves a mom who will go out and do things with him, and not just sit and wallow in my own pity in front of the TV. This journey won't be easy, but I'm willing to take it with you. Sent you a friend request.
  • collettegetsfit
    collettegetsfit Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. I'm dealing with a lot of the same issues and working on how to not resort to emotional eating. I'm looking to lose about 65 lbs through exercise and transitioning to clean eating, but I'm realizing that dealing with the mental/emotional aspects of my life are just as important in my weight-loss journey. Sending you a request! Hope to share support and encouragement as we become well emotionally and physically! I'm positive that we can do this! ❤️
  • lorilynn_70
    lorilynn_70 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 90..so close
  • jaelia
    jaelia Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Heya , I have over 100 pounds to lose and need all the motivation I can get, especially in the area of learning to love exercise. I'll send a request.
  • freelingfree
    freelingfree Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 100 pls add me!
  • dawnmp49
    dawnmp49 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was told yesterday at a doctor's appt that I need to lose at least 75 lbs. I also have always put others first, my husband, my children...now it is time for me. I have realized the only one I need to be accountable to is myself. Stress also plays a big part in my situation so I am learning to not let stress control me. Not an easy road but one I am determined to travel wish me luck :smile:
  • Cartography_Geek
    Cartography_Geek Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My goal is 82 lbs. Please feel free to add me, I am new as well.
  • History1027
    History1027 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm starting with a goal of 90 lbs to loose. I have been fighting depression since college (16 years now). Food has always been my comfort. I have two small children, a 6 year old girl & a 4 year old daughter. This last Feb I finally snapped about my weight at 240lbs! I went to a gym in my town and told the owner I needed help. He has since become my trainer, I have lost 17lbs. I have learned from him not to just cut out my comfort foods but to portion them down and to work other healthy foods around them.
    My advice is to weight loss expert help if you can. The things I have learned made all the difference! I have taken one day at a time for 52 days now! Feel free to add me.
  • geraldinemce
    geraldinemce Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am in a similar situation as you, recently single 36yo mum of 2 kids (one has autism) low self esteem and depression with stressful job too, feel free to add me x
  • Bailey_97
    Bailey_97 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I also have over a hundred pounds to lose! You can definitely add me if you want! It's so hard for me to stick to healthy eating and a normal exercise schedule as a student but I'm trying to make it work!
  • justloseit4life
    justloseit4life Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me up. i need to lose 100 plus lbs also
  • frankxcameron
    frankxcameron Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yup, I would like to be in this group also. 66 and I need to lose 100 lbs. Arthritis and neuropathy are really slowing me down. Losing the weight is critical.
  • bubbajoe1066
    bubbajoe1066 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    115 lbs to lose.... started 105 days ago and have dropped 48.8 lbs.... PLEASE do not look at the total amount you want to lose... look at 1 lb.. lose 1 lb... once you lose that first pound then look to lose another ,then another...you didn't put the weight on in a day and it won't come off in one either... patience and perseverance ... this is the place to do it in... i was so surprised when i first started the day after xmas how easy this process works... log your food... weigh it...stay within your calories... you do not have to give up your favorites , just eat less of it less often... Move your body!!! doesn't matter what you do ..just do more than your doing now.. I picked up a fitbit, best money i ever spent... could barely hit the recommenced 10 k a day, now doing over 15 k with a high of 30k for a single day last week 131k for the week... DO NOT EAT BACK ANY CALORIES GAINED FROM EXCERSISE...do not be tempted.. real easy to say i did half hour of walking i deserve a treat...don't do it...fit your snacks into your daily calories only....no cheat days no cheat meals... wrong way to look at this... this is a journey not a diet.. something you have to live with.. for myself its the rest of my life and i want to be around for a long time... I won't wish you luck... no luck involved . you can do it