New Direction Meal Replacement

Options
2»

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    The question EVERYONE should ask themselves is "How is this program teaching me how to eat in correct portions?" If it's not teaching you, the likelyhood of weight regain is quite high because going from liquid diet to solid foods is usually a much higher jump in calories.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    its4me232 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I am actually on Day 1 of New Direction- 800 Calories. I am to consume 4 shakes a day. I'm excited but nervous. I don't know how easy it will be staying away from food especially since I cook for my household. I would love to join the group as well. Did anyone get headaches?

How much did you eat previous to this
    How are you prepared for 800 per day
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    I don't understand this going from one extreme to the other
    Sounds like a recipe for disaster
  • carrierose2
    carrierose2 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am also doing the New Direction products weight loss program. 7 weeks so far and have lost 22lbs. I didn't start recording on here right away. Steadily losing 2-3lbs/week which they say is good but most lose big numbers at first. I never did which was disappointing. 45lbs to go. Seems like forever but at least the scale is going down day by day. So far been pretty easy, no hunger and minimal exercise. Feel free to add me!! Would love to have others on this program to help motivate me.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    Seems like a good time to repeat what I said earlier in the thread:

Sounds like an extra dose of scamwoo with a name cleverly designed to tap into the teenage-and-just-beyond girls obsessed with One Direction.

ief7s49vuw87.jpg
  • aerrianna
    aerrianna Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    zeusmom15 wrote: »
    I am on week two of the New Direction diet plan. I am doing the 800 calorie all meal plan program. I have found it really difficult to give up eating anything outside of the packets/bars. I would love to start our own chat group of people that are doing this also. =)

Hey zeusmom! I would love to be in a group for this! My plan is 2 shakes a day, bar for snack (and 1 more protein snack during the day), and protein & veggie for dinner. I definitely don't think I could do 100% shakes and bars. It's already difficult and the shakes don't really taste good!

If they don't taste good why bother? Eat a calorie deficit and learn how you can eat whatever you want.
  • okeefe01
    okeefe01 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey zeusmom! I would love to be in a group for this! My plan is 2 shakes a day, bar for snack (and 1 more protein snack during the day), and protein & veggie for dinner. I definitely don't think I could do 100% shakes and bars. It's already difficult and the shakes don't really taste good!
    Sarah, check out the group "The Drinkers" on here. Not much activity there, but there is some help and encouragement.

I am on my 7th week, and I am down 35lbs. I have 65 more to go.

To the people who have asked how this program will teach you how to eat and how to watch portions; the whole diet isn't just shakes. At week 4, I got to add green veggies in for lunch and dinner. If I hot my marks, at week 8, I should get to add lean meat (4oz to 6oz). They basically build up your eating one food group at a time, and they do it slowly so that you can learn what each portion size looks and feels like. After a month of measuring out lean meat to get 4-6oz, I will now what the correct portion looks like.

It sounds crazy, but I am 49 years old, and I am paying someone to teach me how and what to eat. Left to my own, I fail because I really didn't know what I should and shouldn't be eating. No carbs, low fat, no sugar, high fiber, no gluten, no red meat, no oils except good ones, low sodium, etc. etc. It all mad my head spin, so I would punt and eat a burrito. LOL

Good luck everyone, with whatever tool you use to .
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    okeefe01 wrote: »
    Sarah, check out the group "The Drinkers" on here. Not much activity there, but there is some help and encouragement.

I am on my 7th week, and I am down 35lbs. I have 65 more to go.

To the people who have asked how this program will teach you how to eat and how to watch portions; the whole diet isn't just shakes. At week 4, I got to add green veggies in for lunch and dinner. If I hot my marks, at week 8, I should get to add lean meat (4oz to 6oz). They basically build up your eating one food group at a time, and they do it slowly so that you can learn what each portion size looks and feels like. After a month of measuring out lean meat to get 4-6oz, I will now what the correct portion looks like.

It sounds crazy, but I am 49 years old, and I am paying someone to teach me how and what to eat. Left to my own, I fail because I really didn't know what I should and shouldn't be eating. No carbs, low fat, no sugar, high fiber, no gluten, no red meat, no oils except good ones, low sodium, etc. etc. It all mad my head spin, so I would punt and eat a burrito. LOL

Good luck everyone, with whatever tool you use to .
    So understand here, that IF you eat higher carbs (more than you do now), some more sugar (including more fruit) red meat, and higher sodium choices, your weight is going to increase. Then what? Jump back on the shake wagon again? Because that's what the SELLERS want you to do. Diet programs like this have high return rates because it worked while they were on the program, but weight regain happens when they are off.
    As an experienced professional that's seen just about every type of diet program out there, liquid diets seem to have the HIGHEST weight regain due to the fact that it's basically unsustainable once someone reaches goal. Really think about that.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png