Get ride of Cellulite

Options
Hey everyone ,

Since I have lost 25 pounds i am now down to 190 pounds. My legs used to consist of large dimples all around (cellulite) that looked absolutely horrible !! Ive been doing a little bit of weight training and quite a bit of cardio , I'm getting smaller but the cellulite is still there. Is running and cardio not toning up my legs ? Maybe I should be more patient because I know this dosen't happen over night but, i want most of this cellulite gone !!! It makes me totally uncomfortable in shorts and I hate how it looks. I want nice toned legs but , I need some advice on what i should be doing.

Replies

• flippy1234
    flippy1234 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Keep doing what you are doing but add in weights. Weights will give you the tone you want and the muscle will fill in where the cellulite is.
    Also, keep your diet good.
  • AmandaJuneFit
    AmandaJuneFit Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Thanks , im trying to keep a clean diet. I have gotten very good at saying no to treats and eating smaller portions has gotten easier as well as doing things that make me feel fuller longer, id like to loose 30 more pounds and tone everything up !
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,529 Member
    Options
    Even "lean" girls get cellulite. Reduction of excess fat can help reduce it, but cellulite is GENETIC and appearances vary from person to person.
    And don't go out and spend 100's of dollars for cellulite creams, wraps, topicals, brushes, etc. NONE of them get rid of cellulite since it's actually under the dermis itself and all these only affect the epidermis.
    Just get your body fat % down and reassess.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • flippy1234
    flippy1234 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Make sure you eat fats, but the right ones. Avocado, nuts, cottage cheese. Don't eat low fat crap. Eat enough protein and the right carbs.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,529 Member
    Options
    Just a note: how you eat doesn't affect cellulite. If you have it, it's because of GENETICS. No amount of "clean" eating changes genetics.
    Reduce cellulite by reducing your body fat. And the main thing you need for that is a calorie deficit. How you achieve that is personal, but "clean" eating isn't necessary.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • gataman3000
    gataman3000 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Try and eat a clean diet with good carbs and good protein and foods that contain vitamins and minerals, lift weights and you should see a change, everyone's body is different but you should see a change.
  • AmandaJuneFit
    AmandaJuneFit Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    My mom has A TON of cellulite. my entire family is over weight and when i stepped on the scale to find out i was sitting at 217 my heart sank. but now im down to 190 and ive noticed a little bit of a difference. I think once im down to 170 there will be even more of a change but my diet is pretty clean and i need to work on doing leg toning exercises that will help out i think. Thank you for your advice everyone.
  • JazCopycat
    JazCopycat Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Ninerbuff is right. When ever I had fat to lose I had cellulite no mater what I did (and I tried a bunch ). But as soon as my BF was down around 21 things were getting to look better. After that cycling and cycling and it was 90% gone. I could only see it when I would pinch my skin.
    You have to understand that cellulite is like small bubble full of fat and as you are getting bigger LOL your bubbles are multiplying and getting bigger too. When you lose weight they are still there and will be there forever (since they love you) but smaller and smaller. Heads up and just keep burning. XOXO
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Get under 20% body fat and it will go.

I can have cellulite at 130Lb but when I go under that I'm fine and I'm proud to strut my stuff.

I weight train heavy 2 X per week, and triathlon train, but it's irrelevant to the cellulite and body fat percentage.

That only comes with dogged, slogging away at that small calorie deficit. One day at a boring time.

I can eat the greenest cleanest diet and still have cellulite at 130lb plus.

When I'm under that weight I eat cheese, wine, chocolate, not drink enough water, salt, etc, and there will be no cellulite because my body fat percentage is low.
  • Springfield1970
    Options
    flippy1234 wrote: »
    Make sure you eat fats, but the right ones. Avocado, nuts, cottage cheese. Don't eat low fat crap. Eat enough protein and the right carbs.

Not true. It's about the lower body fat percentage. You got to shrink those fat cells to smooth them out, a calorie defecit will do that, whatever way you do it.
  • Springfield1970
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Just a note: how you eat doesn't affect cellulite. If you have it, it's because of GENETICS. No amount of "clean" eating changes genetics.
    Reduce cellulite by reducing your body fat. And the main thing you need for that is a calorie deficit. How you achieve that is personal, but "clean" eating isn't necessary.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

I have horrible cellulite that totally disappears when I have the staying power to get my body fat down to athletic levels. Is that a genetic trait? I think everyone can get themselves to a point where cellulite goes away.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Mine really started to diminish in 20-22% body fat range. I have a feeling if I ever get to 18% it will be mostly gone.
  • Springfield1970
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Mine really started to diminish in 20-22% body fat range. I have a feeling if I ever get to 18% it will be mostly gone.

It won't be long before we find out! Go girl go!

Please report back.

I declare WAR against cellulite with this thread.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    My body fat % is definitely not athlete-low (never had it tested but looking at pictures I'd guess 22-26%) but getting to goal weight and exercising regularly, including some form of resistance/weight training, has improved the appearance immensely. I still have a bit of cellulite, don't get me wrong, but I'm genuinely pleased with how my thighs look now, and what was on my bum has disappeared totally. Exercise has also made me feel proud of what my body can do, which has made me much more forgiving of what it looks like.
    Fake tan is flattering too.
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Mine always disappears when I strength train regularly.
  • natalie3505
    natalie3505 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    As women, most of us have cellulite. I agree with previous poster about it being genetic. I have some, hopefully much less when I get to a healthier weight/fitness level. Same goes for stretch marks - I don't have many at all despite 2 pregnancies (one of which was twins). I've seen super thin ladies with cellulite, and I have seen heavier women with absolutely zero. All of our bodies are different. The most important thing is to feel good about your accomplishments and your body. And you look amazing btw. :)
  • natalie3505
    natalie3505 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    As a side note...I almost don't trust a woman over 25 that doesn't have cellulite.....they must be alien or something. :wink:
  • Springfield1970
    Options
    As a side note...I almost don't trust a woman over 25 that doesn't have cellulite.....they must be alien or something. :wink:

No! That's not fighting talk!
  • biggsterjackster
    biggsterjackster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I found some great butt and leg workout especially for this problem on You Tube. It helped me a lot.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    As my body fat lowers mine improves, that's he only thing for it. I also find its worse while cutting, I'm a lot softer and dimplyer when losing weight. When I maintain for a bit things firm up again so that can be a factor too. I'm actually going to maintain for a week before I go on holiday (where I won't track at all) in order to have things firm up a little for shorts wearing.

But yeah, there's no exercise to target it, weight training is great for making the muscles underneath the fat firm and sexy but real improvements won't come until your body fat is lower. And genetics of course.