Suggestions to losing weight

Options
I've lost 32# since August I have 9 more # to go I have been stuck at 134 for 3 wks. I workout. I do kickboxing everyday. I walk everyday I use a Garmin I'm always way over 10,000 steps a day. And eat healthy I eat lots of protein. Why am I stuck? Should I try something different. ?

Replies

• flippy1234
    flippy1234 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    You are doing great! Now just try and lower your carbs a little. Do not eliminate them but just lower them. That may shake things up a bit.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Has been moved, ok.

Workout is great, walking is great, healthy food is great, protein is great, carbs is great. But you are eating at maintenance. Weigh your food on an electronic food scale, and doublecheck entries before you log. And weigh yourself regularly, I suggest daily. If you have started a new exercise regimen, you may be retaining water, which can mask fat loss, and/or your loss has slowed down (naturally) so much that you can't see it through the (natural) fluctuations, especially if you weigh just once a week.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Keeping carbs under 100 grams/day will help! :)
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    Yi5hedr3 wrote: »

Not necessary.

• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing your food?? The closer to your goal weight gets harder to lose, so you need to be more accurate.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options

Why?

• kandisn7
    kandisn7 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    If you tend to be a creature of habit, trying different foods or different exercise might help you get around that plateau. :) Good luck!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »

Why?

To drop some water weight maybe?
  • ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Are you accurately tracking your food intake, measuring out portion sizes with a food scale and are eating within your calorie parameters? Also, you need to re-run your info every few pounds lost because your calorie allotment goes down as you lose weight. It may just be a matter of adjusting your calories down a bit to factor in your lower weight.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »

Why?

It seems to be his stock standard reply in just about every thread.. But never says why he recommends it.

• Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Are you accurately tracking your food intake, measuring out portion sizes with a food scale and are eating within your calorie parameters? Also, you need to re-run your info every few pounds lost because your calorie allotment goes down as you lose weight. It may just be a matter of adjusting your calories down a bit to factor in your lower weight.

+1
  • joybug15
    joybug15 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Ty
  • joybug15
    joybug15 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    kandisn7 wrote: »
    If you tend to be a creature of habit, trying different foods or different exercise might help you get around that plateau. :) Good luck!

• booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    It is entirely possible to not lose weight (or even gain weight) when you're "eating healthy". How much are you eating? Are you weighing everything, using a food scale? Even if you didn't use one when you were first losing, as you get closer to goal your deficit is smaller and you have much less margin for error.