Weight going down really slow

Options

Replies

• needtolosethatweight26
    Options
    I agree on the feeling satisfied bit but I thought it's a lot of carbs.
  • 7yearbitch
    7yearbitch Posts: 30 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Ah alright. Is there any Accurate way to calculate maintenance calories?

This is one of the best to figure out BMR and TDEE, and macro goals.

http://www.whataremymacros.com
  • misfits_shotgun
    misfits_shotgun Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    What ever you do don't give up trying different things help me like one week I cut out all breads then no butter I eat lots of vegetables lean meat and fish salad instead of potatoes I also increased my water intake to 8 glasses a day 10 if I eat salty foods hang in there
  • needtolosethatweight26
    Options
    What ever you do don't give up trying different things help me like one week I cut out all breads then no butter I eat lots of vegetables lean meat and fish salad instead of potatoes I also increased my water intake to 8 glasses a day 10 if I eat salty foods hang in there

This sounds good but the main problem is I am a egg eating vegetarian so other than eggs and a bit if lentils I am unable to find vegetarian protein that has less fat.
  • needtolosethatweight26
    Options
    7yearbitch wrote: »

So I did this and got the values and have set it in MFP. But how much sugar can I have?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,952 Member
    Options

There are vegans here who eat about 60% carbs. When you're not getting your protein from meat, carbs come along for the ride when you get protein from plants. Are you eating other legumes besides lentils? What about black beans? Tofu? Also, have you tried seitan?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,952 Member
    Options

So I did this and got the values and have set it in MFP. But how much sugar can I have?

Please change your Diary Sharing settings to Public: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    I have less to lose as well. Someone here suggested I set myself at 0.5 expected loss per week. I also have my day set as sedentary because I sit a lot.

I get 1200 calories per day. When I work out I rarely eat the calories I burn when working out. Are you eating your work out calories? Maybe that doesn't work for you if you are.

Do you weigh and measure everything you eat? I cook home cooked meals a lot as well and still weigh and measure it all.
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    drwilseyjr wrote: »
    How slow is "really slow"?

Also, CICO is what matters when it comes to weight loss. You can work out for four hours a day and still gain weight if you eat at a surplus.

Slow is like super slow. I've not lost more than 2 lbs in over a month. I am not even close to my goal weight. 20lbs more to go for GW.

Definitely meeting my calorie goals. I might go overboard on macros a few times but mostly its alright.

I am starting to worry if I am losing this battle.

With only 20 pounds to lose your goal should be to lose 0.5 pounds per week, so at 2 pounds in about a month you are right on target.

Nonetheless, if you want more tips, change your Diary Sharing settings to Public: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings

+1

With only 20lbs to lose you're doing it correctly.
  • ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    What do you have your activity level set as? And are you logging ABSOLUTELY truthful logs?

Activity level is set as less active

Truthful logs, yes - truthful to my best but most of the foods I eat and log aren't verified foods because most of them are home cooked from scratch.

If you are doing the cooking, you should be able to verify all the individual ingredients. If someone else is doing the cooking that could be part of the issue. What seem like small differences in the amount of oil or other high calorie ingredient (versus what you think you are eating) could add up to hundreds of calories more than you think you are eating and could be putting your intake a little closer to maintenance than you mean to be.
  • needtolosethatweight26
    Options
    ncfitbit wrote: »
    What do you have your activity level set as? And are you logging ABSOLUTELY truthful logs?

Truthful logs, yes - truthful to my best but most of the foods I eat and log aren't verified foods because most of them are home cooked from scratch.

If you are doing the cooking, you should be able to verify all the individual ingredients. If someone else is doing the cooking that could be part of the issue. What seem like small differences in the amount of oil or other high calorie ingredient (versus what you think you are eating) could add up to hundreds of calories more than you think you are eating and could be putting your intake a little closer to maintenance than you mean to be.

I am doing the cooking so I use less oil or butter but maybe I am under estimating.
  • needtolosethatweight26
    Options
    perkymommy wrote: »
    I have less to lose as well. Someone here suggested I set myself at 0.5 expected loss per week. I also have my day set as sedentary because I sit a lot.

I get 1200 calories per day. When I work out I rarely eat the calories I burn when working out. Are you eating your work out calories? Maybe that doesn't work for you if you are.

Do you weigh and measure everything you eat? I cook home cooked meals a lot as well and still weigh and measure it all.

Unfortunately I don't measure. I know it approximately though. I use a cup, tsp, tbsp as measurement guidance.
  • needtolosethatweight26
    Options
    Cynsonya wrote: »
    How slow is "really slow"?

Also, CICO is what matters when it comes to weight loss. You can work out for four hours a day and still gain weight if you eat at a surplus.

Slow is like super slow. I've not lost more than 2 lbs in over a month. I am not even close to my goal weight. 20lbs more to go for GW.

Definitely meeting my calorie goals. I might go overboard on macros a few times but mostly its alright.

I am starting to worry if I am losing this battle.

With only 20 pounds to lose your goal should be to lose 0.5 pounds per week, so at 2 pounds in about a month you are right on target.

Nonetheless, if you want more tips, change your Diary Sharing settings to Public: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings

+1

With only 20lbs to lose you're doing it correctly.

Thank you, I really hope so.
  • needtolosethatweight26
    Options

There are vegans here who eat about 60% carbs. When you're not getting your protein from meat, carbs come along for the ride when you get protein from plants. Are you eating other legumes besides lentils? What about black beans? Tofu? Also, have you tried seitan?

No I don't do black beans but tofu yes and also millets
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    perkymommy wrote: »

Unfortunately I don't measure. I know it approximately though. I use a cup, tsp, tbsp as measurement guidance.

measuring and using grams for everything soild will change your life. If your not losing weight snd your eyeballing your food then most likely you are eating more then you think.
  • Tenster
    Tenster Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Lift weights, big compound lifts like squats , rows and presses.

The more muscle you have the more calories you burn
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options

Log the ingredients of the food you cook from scratch and weigh them. Use the recipe builder feature. If you're not losing weight quickly as you'd like it's almost always because you have a smaller deficit than you think you do.
  • 7yearbitch
    7yearbitch Posts: 30 Member
    Options

Sorry, about not responding for a while. I wish MFP had a better system in letting you know when new posts are in threads you've posted in.

Sugars are carbs.
  • godlikepoetyes
    godlikepoetyes Posts: 442 Member
    Options

When you cook from scratch, enter your recipe. Then you can be sure. But if you've lost 2 pounds in a month, that is not slow, especially if you're not really heavy in the first place. A lot of people on MFP, lose weight fast, but most of us are very heavy. And if you're at lightly active, you're r too high most likely. Keep it at sedentary. Most of us, even when we exercise every day, are sedentary the rest of the day. And everyone burns calories differently. Try changing your activity level and see what happens.