Looking for the perfect interval app for Android...

Options
I gotta be able to customize my intervals; some examples:
  • 30 seconds run, 15 seconds rest
  • 35 seconds run, 15 seconds rest
  • continue stepping up by 5 seconds with 15 seconds rest

or
  • 5 sets of 30 seconds running with 10 seconds rest, followed by
  • 5 sets of 1 minute running with 30 seconds rest, followed by
  • 5 sets of 2 minutes running with 15 seconds rest

etc.

Most interval apps only allow for one length of working interval, followed by one set length of rest interval. This is boring and I want more variety! I've always loved mixing up my workouts.

Do you know of any interval app out there that allows for this type of flexibility? The only one I've found is Impetus, and you have to enter every damned round one by one; I'm looking for one that makes this a bit easier. Oh yeah, and it has to work with different kinds of music apps, etc., blah, blah, blah.

Thanks!

Replies

• fileshiny
    fileshiny Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Aw, c'mon!
  • silverdawnhawk
    silverdawnhawk Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    To be honest I actually use zombies run for my interval training as well as story runs. It lets you create the length and combination of run(sprint), jog, walk that you want. Added bonus in my case since I got the app long before they added that feature since I like the story aspect. (And it works with various music programs - Pandora, Spotify, Google music, winamp playlists. The only one I've had issues with is Plex. It plays the playlist fine at first but doesn't turn the music back on automatically after a story sequence.)
  • fileshiny
    Options
    To be honest I actually use zombies run for my interval training as well as story runs. It lets you create the length and combination of run(sprint), jog, walk that you want. Added bonus in my case since I got the app long before they added that feature since I like the story aspect. (And it works with various music programs - Pandora, Spotify, Google music, winamp playlists. The only one I've had issues with is Plex. It plays the playlist fine at first but doesn't turn the music back on automatically after a story sequence.)

Yeah I've had various paid versions of Zombies Run! since they started making them, but it doesn't really do the trick for this.
  • awinner_au
    awinner_au Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I have Runtastic pro, it lets you set up different interval plans. Within each plan you can set the length of each interval, you do have to add each interval manually e.g. for your second plan you would have to add 30 intervals, its pretty easy though, shouldn't take too long.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    I don't know of its perfect, but I use Interval Timer 4 HIIT Workout. It suits my needs.
  • sacwheelgirl
    sacwheelgirl Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I use A HIIT Interval Timer by Pimpim Mobile. It's very customizable. You can set intervals/sets to anything you want.
  • fileshiny
    Options
    I use A HIIT Interval Timer by Pimpim Mobile. It's very customizable. You can set intervals/sets to anything you want.

Can you set multiple types of sets within each workout? i.e., a set of ten 30 second intervals, followed by a set of five 1-minute intervals?
  • fileshiny
    Options
    BigGuy47 wrote: »
    I don't know of its perfect, but I use Interval Timer 4 HIIT Workout. It suits my needs.

Can you set multiple types of sets within each workout? i.e., a set of ten 30 second intervals, followed by a set of five 1-minute intervals?