Keto Friends

Options
I know this site is more about calorie deficit but I'm curious if there are some keto peeps out there. I'm really trying to figure out what works best for me and having some friends who have had some success or are trying with ketosis will be beneficial.

Replies

• kcolson85
    kcolson85 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I use a Therapeutic Ketone product to help curb my carb cravings.
  • TheTagman
    TheTagman Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm using a Ketogenic diet to reverse my type 2 diabetes. There are a lot of keto and low carbers on here!
  • BelleCakes2018
    BelleCakes2018 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I know this site is more about calorie deficit but I'm curious if there are some keto peeps out there. I'm really trying to figure out what works best for me and having some friends who have had some success or are trying with ketosis will be beneficial.

Hi there!
    I am going Keto... I am using FitnessPal to track protein carbs and fat mainly.. but I am aware of calories and I am making sure I don't go over. Quite a bit of weight to lose... weighed in on 1st Apr and on 8th have lost 5lb... only been low carbing it for 4 days though..
    I'm doing Atkins and bought some keto strips... i know they are controversial, but in the last couple of days they have slowly turned to a darkish purple which should mean i'm in the moderate/high stage.
    Mx
  • tonyamc37
    tonyamc37 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm on a ketogenic diet and using this app. My Dr put me on it. Going great so far. Feel free to add me. If you have Facebook look for the group low carb and losing it. They're all about the keto diet and u will learn a lot there
  • BeardedYoung
    BeardedYoung Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Mirabelle1983 - Don't you find it hard to stay under calories and get enough fat?

• BelleCakes2018
    BelleCakes2018 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Mirabelle1983 - Don't you find it hard to stay under calories and get enough fat?

My god do I! lol
    For a while I thought it was almost impossible.. I still haven't managed to be "perfect" but I have found that cooking in oil and adding that to my daily counts does help up the fat intake - although it's still quite high calorie obviously per tbs - the fat content soon adds up with a few tbs per day. - Have you tried that?
    Also I love cream... but butter is better according to the experts - slightly more calories but also has more fat again.. You do seem to have to do more research than they would have you believe initially though!!