New to vegan!

Options
Hellooo,

I've just joined back up to MFP, and have recently taken the step to become vegan.

It would be great to meet people on a similar journey to myself!

I'm originally from Wales but have recently moved to England, 26 years old, and looking to improve my health and fitness!

Replies

• diamondking15
    diamondking15 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    There are are many types of vegan, which one are you trying?
  • usmc01462
    usmc01462 Posts: 1,944 Member
    Options
    I have tried this a few times.. It is hard being a diabetic and on blood thinners cant do high carbs and cant do alot of green veggies.
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    There are are many types of vegan, which one are you trying?

I thought the only type of vegan was... vegan? No animal products? If you eat any animal products, you aren't vegan.

OP, I'm a happy omnivore, but good luck!
  • Gaz_Palmer
    Gaz_Palmer Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    There are are many types of vegan,...

I dont think so.
    (The true meaning of) Vegan means you dont exploit animals. A side effect of this, of course, is that you dont consume any animal products.

Anything else is just a 'plant based diet' or vegetarianism or whatever trendy diet you like ;)
  • ameliesabourinxx870
    Options
    Hey girl, I've also recently started mfp again and started the vegan lifestyle the first of jan, it's been sooo great!

I don't have much that I want to loose but hopefully tracking and getting back into a consistent gym routine will kick it in gear!

Best of luck in your journey!
  • Nicolalala_89
    Nicolalala_89 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! Um type of vegan? If you mean what kind of diet style then I was trying out 80/10/10. But yeah no animals or animals products :)
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    You'll have better luck in the groups... I suggest this one.. it's the more active vegan/plant based diet group.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/45-happy-herbivores