The biggest thing I miss about being obese ...add yours....

Is not caring what I ate or drank even though it was beyond bad for me .
I've educated my brain to know calories and healthy eating and even though I would quite like some chocolate right now and have enough calories for it I'm thinking of all the pizza I consumed yesterday that needs to be worked off still :(

Replies

• pootle1972
    pootle1972 Posts: 579 Member
    Invisibility....strange as it sounds. And chocolate hobnobs
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Not sure if having less options while clothes shopping was what made it easier but shopping now is depressing. The shopping mall depresses me, I feel short and really small and when someone suggest the kids department it's a wrap :)
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    I miss the fat that rounded out my kneecaps making it easier to shave.
  • sarahfadell87
    sarahfadell87 Posts: 182 Member
    I'm still obese..

But yeah, i'll have to go with not worrying about calories.. At the same time i wish i'd cared sooner.. It's a bigger deal than people know.

Meh, we're working on it now.

I miss copius amounts of chocolate. Lol
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Every chair in the world became less comfortable without the natural padding I was carrying with me.
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    rankinsect wrote: »
    Every chair in the world became less comfortable without the natural padding I was carrying with me.
    I have pillows everywhere at home. I'm often tempted to carry one with me when I'm out and about.

I miss the padding between my knees that let me sleep on my side without my back/hips hurting. I've had to get pillows to keep between my knees while I'm sleeping.
  • chimaerandi
    chimaerandi Posts: 153 Member
    pootle1972 wrote: »

No, I get it my thing is that men left me alone when I'm just trying to have a drink or go grocery shopping or whatever, I miss that.
  • Linzon
    Linzon Posts: 294 Member
    Rocknut53 wrote: »

I lost fat from my armpits, of all places, and now there's a dip in there that makes shaving so tricky!
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    pootle1972 wrote: »

No, I get it my thing is that men left me alone when I'm just trying to have a drink or go grocery shopping or whatever, I miss that.

Same! Not getting hit on lol
  • rsleighty
    rsleighty Posts: 214 Member
    Potato chips. I miss potato chips. Those little snack size bags just dont cut it. I mean, what's the point....
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Boobs
  • charlsy1691
    charlsy1691 Posts: 36 Member
    I miss Ben and Jerrys ice cream, I used to demolish tubs of that!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Huh? I miss absolutely nothing. I am thrilled to be pain free and able to MOVE. All else pales in comparison.
  • SugarySweetheart
    SugarySweetheart Posts: 154 Member
    I look forward to NOT being obese soon. What will I miss?? It won't be the rude stares or giggles at my expense. Perhaps I'll miss NOT being able to tell people to mind their own business!! B)
  • GuineaKitty
    GuineaKitty Posts: 97 Member
    I miss my bigger boobs.
  • Panda_brat
    Panda_brat Posts: 291 Member
    Not exercising because I didn't want to, not because I injured myself.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited April 2016
    Blissful ignorance of having an ED.

Other than that, not getting winded while walking to the other end of my house is awesome
  • llbrixon
    llbrixon Posts: 964 Member

Being lazy (not exercising). Not caring, knowing I was overweight. Eating whatever I wanted too eat. These are the things, I miss.
  • jmidd97
    jmidd97 Posts: 84 Member
    Rocknut53 wrote: »

My knees are constantly nicked! :o
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited April 2016
    Being able to sleep comfortably without knee bones hitting each other. Had to find new sleeping positions... Same with being able to sit somewhere longer than 10 minutes without having a sore butt (and I still have some padding there, just not enough, apparently).

Not caring at all if I had a busy day and no time for a workout. Who cared about working out anyway?

And yeah, being able to eat whatever and how much I liked without feeling guilty at all. Now even if I have a 'cheat' (like special events or birthdays) when I don't care about calories, I'm perfectly aware that I'll still have to work them off sooner or later, and it does put quite a damper on things...

Mostly though, being able to enjoy eating out. Now I can't just go out for dinner if it's not planned because I won't have the calories for it, and I have to take into account calories when I order, and more often than not, it makes me frustrated because what I want probably has too many calories, and the healthier options are not appealing at all (or something I could just make at home, so why even bother going out?).