12 weeks Time-Restricted Eating Test

cazzahi
cazzahi Posts: 59 Member
edited April 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
ok so starting today i'm doing a 12 week test
last year i lost 22lb and have kept it off quite easily, i eat a low carb diet.
i have a lot of research online and have found the benefit of time restricted eating.

so the rule are to eat between 2pm and 7pm each day (allowing none calorie drinking outside this time) i will be following low carb diet as that's my normal diet.

my stats are
Date 10/04/2016
weight 154.6lb
fat% 38.9%
Fat 60.1lb
Visceral fat % 5.0
LBM 115.7lb
bmi 24.1
Height 5ft7in

Waist 33.5"
Hip 39"
thigh 22.4"
chest 38.6"
arm 11.9"

i will keep updated regular and stats once a week for 12 weeks

join in, add me as a friend, add comments xx

Replies

• cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Will you be doing a 12 week non-restricted time eating test, consuming the same foods, calories and macronutrients, under the same conditions as comparison?
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Should be interesting. Do you intend to eat the same quantities / macros as you have been recently ?
  • cazzahi
    i have done for the last 12 weeks , my weight has stayed the same and stats as well, i'm am going to try to consume similar eating as i have before, just in a time restricted way x
  • cazzahi
    yarwell wrote: »
    Should be interesting. Do you intend to eat the same quantities / macros as you have been recently ?

yep same amount, just time restricted between 2pm and 7pm
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    cazzahi wrote: »
    i have done for the last 12 weeks , my weight has stayed the same and stats as well, i'm am going to try to consume similar eating as i have before, just in a time restricted way x

How are you ensuring conditions are the same? Are you going to directly copy the days of food from the previous 12 weeks to ensure a fair comparison?

How will you ensure activity levels and exercise remain the same?
  • cazzahi
    cityruss wrote: »

How are you ensuring conditions are the same? Are you going to directly copy the days of food from the previous 12 weeks to ensure a fair comparison?

How will you ensure activity levels and exercise remain the same?

i will eat similar foods to what i always eat, i will be trying to keep everything as normal as it has been, but your right i can't 100% guarantee that everything going to exactly the same, but will try my best x
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    I've done IF (mostly 5:2 weekly IF but also 16:8 intraday IF) but would say do read your research with a sceptical eye - there's an awful lot of cherry picking to build a case, often badly out of context and based on poor science. Also worth trying to put a scale of importance on the findings - is a certain way that is shown to be "better" 10% better or 0.10% better than another way?

To me the major benefits are from adherence, a very personal thing. Will suit some, won't suit others.

Good luck with your experiment, I think it's a good thing to try new approaches to find the way that works for you.
  • ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    edited April 2016
    So your just doing an IF protocol (intermittent fasting), with a 5 hour window. Lots of us here have done this/do this, just be aware that it's not a weight loss program in itself and you still have to factor in your calorie deficit.
  • cazzahi
    So your just doing an IF protocol (intermittent fasting), with a 5 hour window. Lots of us here have done this/do this, just be aware that it's not a weight loss program in itself and you still have to factor in your calorie deficit.

yep that what i'm doing , but i do eat load of calories, just low on carbs x
  • KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member

yep that what i'm doing , but i do eat load of calories, just low on carbs x

If you're eating "loads of calories" then you probably aren't losing weight because you're eating too much. Carbs aren't evil and cutting them out/keeping them low will not guarantee weightloss.

You can have low carbs if it's your personal preference, but it's your overall calories that really matters.

Your intermittent fasting won't guarantee weightloss if your calories are still too high - most people do IF because it's more satisfying/fits their schedule.
  • RWClary
    RWClary Posts: 192 Member
    I am always interested in trying fitness principles. You get those who swear by intermittent fasting, and others who say it does nothing.
    I tried it along with other such routines in an effort to maintain weight and cut body fat.
    I was successful, but the progress is slow, and I really don't know which routines has the best affect.
    Sometimes, we just need to jump into something.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Op, how many calories will you consume daily?
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    RWClary wrote: »
    I am always interested in trying fitness principles. You get those who swear by intermittent fasting, and others who say it does nothing.
    I tried it along with other such routines in an effort to maintain weight and cut body fat.
    I was successful, but the progress is slow, and I really don't know which routines has the best affect.

I do IF only because I don't like eating breakfast in the morning. I eat my last meal at 5 pm and my first meal of the day is usually at 11 am.
  • RWClary
    RWClary Posts: 192 Member
    edited April 2016
    RWClary wrote: »

I do IF only because I don't like eating breakfast in the morning. I eat my last meal at 5 pm and my first meal of the day is usually at 11 am.
    I know a bunch of folks who just don't like breakfast, so hey, if that works, cool!
    I know IF is hyped to do so much more, but at day's end, I just don't know...
  • cazzahi

i eat over 2000 calories and lost weight, but it was low carb, it worked what can i say?
    not sure where i said, i was or was not, losing weight or trying too?
    but if i do in this test great, if i don't great, i'll record the results for you, i'm doing as a personal test and the health benefits (test).
    i agree everyone has to find whats right for them, the low carb diet has been a life changer for me and i'm test other things out.

Just wanted to share this with all you lovely people xx
  • cazzahi
    1st week done , was really tired beginning of the week, to be honest it hard to get the same amount of calories as i did before in the restricted time, so calories have dropped to around 1500 a day ATM, later on in the week feeling a lot better back to normal energy, not sure if it was the feeding schedule or a cold that every one in the house has at the mo. My birthday yesterday, but kept too the plan, sorry it why I'm a day late inputting this, but i took these stats yesterday x

1st week my stats are:
    Date 17/04/2016
    weight 150.4lb
    fat% 38.4%
    Fat 57.8lb
    Visceral fat % 5.0
    LBM 112lb
    bmi 23.5
    Height 5ft7in

Waist 33.5"
    Hip 37.5"
    thigh 22"
    chest 38.6"
    arm 11.9"
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Did you come across any reaseach that suggested women faired better with a 14:10 protocol for hormone balance etc?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member

This^

Here's a link to the IF group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/49-intermittent-fasting
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    4 lb off, good start.
  • lemonychild
    lemonychild Posts: 654 Member
    Water weight plus 500*7... Deficit it is, but I'm dying to see if she can get to her 2k eating during the 5 hrs and drop weight.

Op r u doing exercises