Ways to get more protein

I need foods besides protein shakes and beans to help me get more protein. I am falling short at every meal.
Chicken is my protein of choice. I cannot eat it at every single meal, yuck. And I don't want to eat 10 eggs for breakfast!

Replies

• Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    The choice of lean meats are more diverse than just chicken. And you don't have to eat large amounts of protein at every meal as long as you reach your protein goal by the end of the day.
  • Btheodore138
    Btheodore138 Posts: 182 Member
    Greek yogurt, soy, edamame, any sort of nuts or nut butter....
  • RWClary
    RWClary Posts: 192 Member
    I precook chicken, turkey and fish on Sunday and store it for the week ahead.
    The night before, I take a trey from the freezer for the next day. It's really very simple but just requires ongoing discipline to plan ahead and take the proper action.
    One final suggestion: don't run out and buy a bunch of junk-supplement bars or shakes to get protein.
    You really don't know what those folks are putting in those things.

Good luck to you...
    :)
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    I have the same problem. I often question if it is OK if I eat peanut butter/peanuts morning and night. I need the protein, just don't want to eat too much nuts, if that's possible.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    flippy1234 wrote: »
    I need foods besides protein shakes and beans to help me get more protein. I am falling short at every meal.
    Chicken is my protein of choice. I cannot eat it at every single meal, yuck. And I don't want to eat 10 eggs for breakfast!

Eat more kinds of food.
    Cottage cheese
    Greek yogurt
    Tuna, halibut, salmon, tilapia, anchovies, sardines
    Milk
    Swiss cheese
    Steak, Ground beef, pork chops, turkey, deli sliced meats, sausage, jerky
    Navy beans, dried lentils, black beans
    Nuts and nut butters
    Sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds
    Edamame, peas, broccoli, asparagus, lima beans
    Tofu