WEIGHT LOSS TOO COOL.

Options
2»

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    pandabear_ wrote: »
    I lost a lot of weight when I became vegetarian when I was 14, I think it was body adjusting. I wasn't counting calories.

You don't have to be counting calories to eat less then you burn.
    For weight loss one must eat at a calorie deficit
    If you went vegetarian and lost weight, it was because you where at a calorie deficit. You ate less then you burned.
    Weight loss - calorie deficit

There's actually a group on here who decided to eat only meat ( I have no idea what thread it was on ) they have lost weight. Because they where eating at a calorie deficit.

The foods people decide to eat are totally up to them. ( what one person considers healthy is totally different then what the next person will consider healthy ) everyone is entitled to eat whatever food groups they want.
    The one thing that won't change is that they must eat at a calorie deficit for weight loss. Regardless of what foods they decide to eat or decide not to eat
    Picking a special diet doesn't guarantee weight loss . it comes down to the calories for weight loss
  • Mentali
    Mentali Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I find it inspiring when I see people make a diet change that they enjoy and that naturally keeps them at a healthy weight. Go you!

I could never do it though.... :lol:
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    Mentali wrote: »
    I find it inspiring when I see people make a diet change that they enjoy and that naturally keeps them at a healthy weight. Go you!

Hey two years ago I felt the same way but when certain death was in my face I make the change and once again am living with hope. I bet you just have not found the right motivation yet. Best of success in finding the motivation.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    gems74 wrote: »
    Haters gonna hate.

Congrats on your weight loss and for making the changes YOU felt you needed to make in order to be healthier.

MFP: That magical place where a difference of opinion = hate.

OP: Congrats on your weight loss. I could never do anything so extreme, especially not long term, but if you can, then good for you!
  • Mentali
    Mentali Posts: 352 Member
    Options

Hey two years ago I felt the same way but when certain death was in my face I make the change and once again am living with hope. I bet you just have not found the right motivation yet. Best of success in finding the motivation.

Hehe, I have the motivation to eat healthier - just not as a vegetarian or vegan! :)
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Hehe, I have the motivation to eat healthier - just not as a vegetarian or vegan! :)

Yes I understand. I went to Forks Over Knives forksoverknives.com/ some said they were doing. It was no meat and no cheese but per the marketing material it was working for some people. I do eat less meat than ever because LCHF limits on protein is less than I at for the first 63 years of my life for sure.

My current thought the best Way Of Eating is the WOE that one likes and it brings about the desired health goals. :)
  • dustedwithsugar
    dustedwithsugar Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I started to eat vegan few months ago and didn't lose a pound until I started to count calories.
    You did amazing job losing so much! Well done :smile:
  • heavy_heavy_lowlow
    heavy_heavy_lowlow Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    def about calorie intake. the vegan diet helps u eat alot cleaner and keeps u away from chemical based foods.
  • booksandchocolate12
    Options
    def about calorie intake. the vegan diet helps u eat alot cleaner and keeps u away from chemical based foods.

Which has nothing to do with weight loss.
  • pootle1972
    pootle1972 Posts: 579 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Hate to break it to you but everything is "made" out of chemicals. Even you.
  • Rit1603
    Rit1603 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    i personally have went full vegan for about 5 months now. vegetarian for about 3 years. i went from 395 pounds to 294 in a year by cutting back on fast foods and not eating any meat not even fish. i had to cleanse my body. i lost this weight not even excersing. just from cutting away sweets and meat and replacing it with veggies and fruit and soy. and gluten free stuff. once i started exercising at 294 pounds i lost 44 more pounds in about 5 months. i recently started going to the gym and lost 6 pounds in 9 days. its possible. any questions just let me know.

congratulations!
  • booksandchocolate12
    Options
    pootle1972 wrote: »

Yes, there's that nasty dihydrogen monoxide, which is in just about everything. And everyone who consumes it ends up dying.
  • pootle1972
    pootle1972 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    pootle1972 wrote: »

Yes, there's that nasty dihydrogen monoxide, which is in just about everything. And everyone who consumes it ends up dying.

Bloody terrible isn't it.