Please analyze my hunger as it is driving me crazy.

Options
First of all thank you for taking time to reply, I had already received so many good tips from this forum.

I don't understand, its 29 days I am on the plan and this last week I am constantly hungry! One fellow mfp reader told me that I might be low on fat and protein and he/she was right I never reach my fat / protein goal, I am always behind, while I reach my carb and go way beyond my vitamin A /D/C constantly (because of veggie/fruits) and stay always very very low on salt never reach which I guess its positive.

So today i told myself lets try to add more fat :

breakfast 8 AM:
2oz milk with 40 g rolled oats,1/2 scoop protein powder, 10 gram hazelnuts, coffee TOTAL CALORIES 281 cal

lunch at 2.40 PM (i was out and i couldn't eat before but generally I eat earlier at noon) :
salad with 90 grams avocado/85 grams spinach/tuna 100grams in water/50 grams grilled eggplants/1 hard boiled egg/1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (I measure it, its always the same spoon so same grams) , 3 small thin rice cakes / after a bit I ate 300 grams watermelon. TOTAL CALORIES 585

WITH THE ABOVE BREAKFAST /LUNCH , 866 CALORIES, I AM NOW AT 57G PROTEIN OUT OF 80 G AND 45G FAT OUT OF 54GRAMS

1HOUR AND HALF LATER, I AM HUNGRY... or maybe is not hunger? I feel that sensation to the stomach like when one's hungry so I guess I am hungry

its not a matter of weigh anymore , its' a matter of being constantly hungry that bothers. I see all of the beautiful fruit on my counter, oranges,kiwis,bananas,apples,grape, strawberries and I don't dare touching it (well maybe later I'll try one apple.... )

here my datas (if I calculated correctly) :
29 days logging
37 yo
started 167 reached at a point 163 although it fluctuates, just want to arrive to 154/155 as goal so it's about 10 damn pounds which seems to be absolutely the most difficult thing in the world to shed.
5.8' height
bmi 23.4
bmr 1520 cal
body fat % 25.4 (i think this came out when ask me to measure neck and some other body part which I forgot and came out this number not sure if reliable)

according to what i should consume ( I exercise 3 or 4 times a week) i think this is the tdee at lightly active is 2,302. now I am on a 1,400 cal plan although when I exercise I eat more calories but never all those spent.

I AM SORRY IF TO SOME ALL OF THE ABOVE DOES NOT MAKE SENSE, at times it does not make sense to me either.....

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Blah blah blah. Read some, not all. Eat more. You appear to be eating at a 30-40% deficit. That's your problem. Raise your calories and settle in for the long haul.
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    What do you have MFP set up to lose? .5ppw, 1ppw, 2ppw? It looks as if you may have it set to 2ppw. With only 10 pounds to lose you should have it set at .5ppw which would give you much more food. No wonder you're hungry.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    With only 10 pounds to lose you should be shooting for a half a pound a week and another thing with only 10 pounds to go it will be a lot harder so you need to be very accurate on your logging, weigh all foods, etc. When I had 10 more pounds to lose to hit goal weight it took me several months or more to reach my goal.

Slow and steady, good luck OP. :)
  • Rit1603
    Rit1603 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Cynsonya wrote: »
    What do you have MFP set up to lose? .5ppw, 1ppw, 2ppw? It looks as if you may have it set to 2ppw. With only 10 pounds to lose you should have it set at .5ppw which would give you much more food. No wonder you're hungry.

oh hi, thank you , i've set it to 1.5 , so you are saying It is too much of unrealistic goal...I have to set the goal of .5 per week and eat 1,800 cal per day
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Blah blah blah. Read some, not all. Eat more. You appear to be eating at a 30-40% deficit. That's your problem. Raise your calories and settle in for the long haul.

^^This.

Also....are you getting/do you have your period? I'm always ravenous at that time.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Like everyone else said, eat more!
  • Rit1603
    Options

so what has to be the deficit? 20% off ? off of what of the TDEE? sorry I am still learning all of these bmr tdee cico stuff
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Rit1603 wrote: »

so what has to be the deficit? 20% off ? off of what of the TDEE? sorry I am still learning all of these bmr tdee cico stuff

10%
  • Cynsonya
    Options

oh hi, thank you , i've set it to 1.5 , so you are saying It is too much of unrealistic goal...I have to set the goal of .5 per week and eat 1,800 cal per day

It's a pretty aggressive goal. I'd adjust to .5ppw, eat more, be more comfortable, and still get the last 10 pounds off in a more sustainable way.
  • Rit1603
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Serah87 wrote: »
    With only 10 pounds to lose you should be shooting for a half a pound a week and another thing with only 10 pounds to go it will be a lot harder so you need to be very accurate on your logging, weigh all foods, etc. When I had 10 more pounds to lose to hit goal weight it took me several months or more to reach my goal.

Slow and steady, good luck OP. :)

ok I will try this, thank you, the first weeks I wasn't weighing everything, then people on the forum told me I had to weight everything and I am now, the only thing I do not weight is 1tsp coconut sugar and 1 tsp olive oil because i weight those and I know the gram and they are always same...now I also weight an apple, which I definitely was not before.
  • Rit1603
    Options

^^This.

Also....are you getting/do you have your period? I'm always ravenous at that time.

yes I was but it started way before the period and now that I am over it does not appear to be gone!
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    yeah at 5'8" with a 155 goal you could probably eat more. do you drink enough water? How about fiber? Eat that apple or whatever else. I am about 2 inches taller than you are but around your goal. You are closer than you think (calorie goal wise). However, as some one else said, it will take some time.
  • Rit1603
    Options

thank you , I will try to be more realistic and set the goal at .5 pound a week or eat at 1,800 cal and see what happens because like this I can't keep up
  • Cynsonya
    Options

thank you , I will try to be more realistic and set the goal at .5 pound a week or eat at 1,800 cal and see what happens because like this I can't keep up

The most important thing is to keep going. That's why going slower will make it easier. Good luck to you and remember, "Slow and steady wins the race!"
  • Rit1603
    Options
    yeah at 5'8" with a 155 goal you could probably eat more. do you drink enough water? How about fiber? Eat that apple or whatever else. I am about 2 inches taller than you are but around your goal. You are closer than you think (calorie goal wise). However, as some one else said, it will take some time.

hello, i don't count the water but definitely not drinking too much, I will try to be more accurate and drink more. With that says, also let me tell you that I do not drink anything else from water, no sodas/store juices no alcohol so just water
  • Rit1603
    Options

The most important thing is to keep going. That's why going slower will make it easier. Good luck to you and remember, "Slow and steady wins the race!"

yes at this point i do not intend to give up! i tell myself, "if you do where does it take you? certainly not in a better place but back where you were"
  • Rit1603
    Options

It's a pretty aggressive goal. I'd adjust to .5ppw, eat more, be more comfortable, and still get the last 10 pounds off in a more sustainable way.

yes I will try this, although I thought that a 585 cal lunch with healthy fat will keep me satisfied for at least 3 hours....i guess I have to add some other food and have a 700 cal lunch I mean i can't imagine the amount of calories i was eating before, maybe 2,500/3000 a day....as I wasn't loosing neither gaining so I must have been to that level
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options

hello, i don't count the water but definitely not drinking too much, I will try to be more accurate and drink more. With that says, also let me tell you that I do not drink anything else from water, no sodas/store juices no alcohol so just water

Water was important for me. I could eat a lot but if I didnt drink, I tried to satisfy it with eating more when I really needed to drink more. Dont get me wrong, I am not the type to drink tons of water, but drinking just enough (water, coffee, tea, diet soda) helped.
  • FrustratedYoYoer
    FrustratedYoYoer Posts: 274 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    You need to eat more. I too am 5'8 and active. I have eaten more than you are to get to my current weight (149 lbs) but it still wasnt enough. I am currently averaging around 2500 cals a day. The scale only moved again when i increased my intake. You're hungry as you arent eating enough.

Oh, and others have said drink lots of water
  • Cynsonya
    Options
    It may not be that the 585 calorie lunch wouldn't normally be enough but that you've been working at such a steep deficit that it's finally caught up with you. Leaving you ravenous and unsatisfied no matter what lunch you had.

You could also try just adding a few 100 snacks between meals. Something to hold you over until your next scheduled meal.