Treats and alcohol?..deserve to treat or not 2 treat ???

Options
2»

Replies

• WWhitaker
    WWhitaker Posts: 309
    Options
    Make yourself a "mock"tail. Do you crave the alcohol or just the drink itself? If you're craving alcohol then you could have a problem. Haha!!

People drink fake alcohol? Whats the point?!?!?! Thats like decaf coffee! Terrible idea!

I'm pretty sure the point they were making is if it's the drink they're craving, not the alcohol; to make the cocktail sans alcohol. A "virgin" drink.....
  • shannaire
    shannaire Posts: 38
    Options
    Make yourself a "mock"tail. Do you crave the alcohol or just the drink itself? If you're craving alcohol then you could have a problem. Haha!!

People drink fake alcohol? Whats the point?!?!?! Thats like decaf coffee! Terrible idea!
  • furrina
    furrina Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, also, I binge on food when drinking as well. It's not even the alcohol it's the fact that my judgement is wack from it re food. Keep lo calorie snacks at home so you don't do that and really watch it with eating while/after drinking.
  • annabellio
    annabellio Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Have the drink(s)! I intend to trade at least part of my dinner calories for vodka tonight, and, there isnt' a single thing anyone can say to make me feel guilty about it! I am a grown-*kitten* woman.

Damn skippy ! I'm with you !
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options

smiley-signs064.gif

I have a few drinks every week. It hasn't harmed my weight loss any. :drinker:
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Options

Well I enjoy decaf and "mocktails"! It's the taste not the buzz…
  • shannaire
    Options
    Thanks 4 your comments. Some of them have made me laugh I'm having 1/2 drinks 2nite. ADD ME IF YOU LIKE x
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I will be the first to admit that I drink irresponsibly on this journey. I have a had a few drunken nights but there are two reasons I'm ok with it:

A. I've quit beer and moved on to vodka/soda.

B. Between the little extra room I leave in my calories and the 6+ hours of standing and dancing I do on these drunken nights. I'm sure I burn more than I drink anyways.
  • Jdismybug1
    Jdismybug1 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I dont reward myself with food or drinks, I don't say that I deserve any kind of food or drink I don't completely rule them out anyway, everything in moderation.
    If you want a reward buy some new clothes, or go get a pedicure. :)
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I wanted to tell you that I came to MFP in March (110 days today). I wanted to lose 20 pounds, (in spite of menopause) eat well, and still enjoy a cocktail every night if I wanted to. Some said - nope, not gonna work! Alcohol is all bad, will kill your efforts, etc. Well, I don't believe in unrealistic sacrificises, and so I found a way to make it all work.

I've lost 15 pounds to date, I exercise daily, eating 95-100 % my exercise calories back each day. And, I enjoy a cocktail each day, sometimes two. My nutrients, numbers and food choices are smart, non-processed foods that give me strength and energy.

You can listen to others and their opinions or your can MAKE YOUR OWN PLAN and see how it goes for you, adjusting when neccessary.

Best of Luck! I raise my glass to you :heart:
  • shannaire
    Options
    Have the drink(s)! I intend to trade at least part of my dinner calories for vodka tonight, and, there isnt' a single thing anyone can say to make me feel guilty about it! I am a grown-*kitten* woman.

Damn skippy ! I'm with you !

Brilliant comment thanks xxx
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options

Some people just like the taste. I like coffee after dinner sometimes, but obviously don't want the caffeine that late so yes, I will drink a cup of decaf. As far as the booze goes, I'm not saying I drink alcohol free drinks, but some people do. Not everyone drinks to get drunk believe it or not.

I wasn't criticizing you, I was just playing around a little. Don't be so serious all the time ;)

I too have had decaf on occasion, but caffeine doesn't really do much to me so I can have it late at night.
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options

Maam, your and my reasons for drinking alcohol are NOT the same ;)
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options

Maam, your and my reasons for drinking alcohol are NOT the same ;)

Lol!!!!
    I don't drink decaf, nor low alcohol anything... Nor do I eat low fat options or low sugar anything with ONE EXCEPTION low cal tonic.... I can drink way more G & Ts with slimline tonic, usually I don't want just one. My good friends Mr Jameson and Jack Daniels do not require support acts so they are a part of my new healthy lifestyle! We are all different and we just have to do what works for us personally