Options
2»

Replies

• vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    ari7l wrote: »
    Okay so how much can I "safely" lose by May?
    :(

Why? What happens in May? Is it the end of the world? I need to make plans if so.

Right? What's with all the threads lately, "I need to lose [unreasonable amount of weight] in [unreasonable time frame]"?

OP, assuming the world will not end if you're not 10 lbs lighter by the first week of May, just plug your stats into MFP, meet the calorie goal it gives you,and wherever you are in May is where you are. Make sure you put in .5 lbs/week as your rate of loss. Since you only want to lose 10 lbs, anything else is too aggressive.

I have a few theories about this, since I've noticed it too. It could be that wedding "season " is coming up. Also, there are a lot of workplaces, like mine, that have Biggest Loser contests going on.

Although, that doesn't explain all of the Starvation Mode arguments I've been seeing lately, too..

Not to mention summer vacations & the beach!

• dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    vivmom2014 wrote: »

Why? What happens in May? Is it the end of the world? I need to make plans if so.

Right? What's with all the threads lately, "I need to lose [unreasonable amount of weight] in [unreasonable time frame]"?

OP, assuming the world will not end if you're not 10 lbs lighter by the first week of May, just plug your stats into MFP, meet the calorie goal it gives you,and wherever you are in May is where you are. Make sure you put in .5 lbs/week as your rate of loss. Since you only want to lose 10 lbs, anything else is too aggressive.

I have a few theories about this, since I've noticed it too. It could be that wedding "season " is coming up. Also, there are a lot of workplaces, like mine, that have Biggest Loser contests going on.

Although, that doesn't explain all of the Starvation Mode arguments I've been seeing lately, too..

Not to mention summer vacations & the beach!

haha, that too. I'm envious of all of these people posting about going on cruises! Sounds like fun!
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    May is usually Prom, right?
  • ari7l
    ari7l Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    May is usually Prom, right?

I am going on vacation lol, but its not like im obsessing over the 5kg I have left to lose, yes i did want to but i'll be happy with whatever weight i am
  • ari7l
    Options
    KateTii wrote: »
    Unless you are short , 55kg is already a very acceptable weight. What's with the deadline of May? The potential motivation behind this weightloss in this timeframe is concerning.

If you are 55kg, not incredibly short and still unhappy with how you look, why not look into recomposition - put on muscle and lose fat but end up at the same weight - the results are amazing.

I am short lol, but thank u for the tips!
  • ari7l
    Options

Thank you for ur advice!
  • ari7l
    Options
    Atkins... you will lose water weight first but you can seriously drop pounds quick on it.

No.

What's with the No? It's only my opinion.. and from experience and plenty of others it's true. It doesn't look like the OP needs to lose weight, so losing fat will be hard and probably not achievable in her time frame.. however if she is bloated somewhat from carbohydrates and she cut them out - she would lose that water weight quickly.

My carbohydrate intake is pretty low already, I try to eat more protien and healthier fats. Its okay tho, i'll be happy with however much I can lose, thank u guys for the advice
  • ari7l
    Options

Its called setting targets for urself, self motivation. No the world isnt ending so people like you can continue the stupid sarcasm :)
  • ari7l
    Options
    Okay EVERYONE relax im not dying, starving, i asked for a general piece of advice is 5kg per month is achievable or not, THATS IT. So please keep the negativity to urself.
  • NMV_5041
    NMV_5041 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Okay EVERYONE relax im not dying, starving, i asked for a general piece of advice is 5kg per month is achievable or not, THATS IT. So please keep the negativity to urself.

Good Talk!
  • NMV_5041
    NMV_5041 Posts: 22 Member
    Options

Its called setting targets for urself, self motivation. No the world isnt ending so people like you can continue the stupid sarcasm :)

LOL hilarious comment