Bad start to a Friday :(

Options
2»

Replies

• sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I feel that way about running I know i am heavy and will be looked at weird for suffering while running. I think people would look at you and respect you just for going out and trying honestly. I think once you do it just once you will feel better. Maybe she was the one that was heavy before she worked out maybe you could have struck a convo and ask what worked for her.....I understand your fears. I know that I used my ipod to loose myself. Hope you get your confidence
  • bwilcox30
    bwilcox30 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Slow down, take a deep breath and think about why you are doing this. You want to be healthy not skinny and in order to get there you have to just jump in both feet first. Forget that skinny/pretty girl she may have her own set of insecurities hidden by looks. You are beautiful it is time that you realize that and make this move for you because doing it for anyone else will not motivate you. If you are afraid of the gym then start at home with workout DVDs until you build up the courage to go to the gym; don't just give up on yourself. I have those videos at my house and you are welcome to them, I support you in this journey you can call me or text me or whatever.
  • vdavis_89
    vdavis_89 Posts: 334
    Options
    Slow down, take a deep breath and think about why you are doing this. You want to be healthy not skinny and in order to get there you have to just jump in both feet first. Forget that skinny/pretty girl she may have her own set of insecurities hidden by looks. You are beautiful it is time that you realize that and make this move for you because doing it for anyone else will not motivate you. If you are afraid of the gym then start at home with workout DVDs until you build up the courage to go to the gym; don't just give up on yourself. I have those videos at my house and you are welcome to them, I support you in this journey you can call me or text me or whatever.

Thank you Brandy :) Im gonna get back in the gym tonight it didnt help that I didnt have my ipod :( But I have it now and Im in the proccess of downloading a bunch of fast paced songs to run/walk to :) Im gonna do this!! Your beautiful too!!!
  • Mixmode
    Mixmode Posts: 332
    Options
    Walk in with your head held high like you own the place. The hardest step is the first step through the door.

Not that it matters but I assure you the girl you saw would respect you more for handling your biz rather than leaving just cuz she was in there at the same time.
  • Sistasarita
    Sistasarita Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    it's ok to cry and it's ok to be scared and it's ok to keep going back until you get what you went for in the first place.

my sisters and I talk on the phone to each other sometimes when we work out. once we really get to breathing hard and sweating we start laughing. i know that my twin sister who lives 6 miles away isn't by herself and my baby sister in buffalo, ny knows she isn't alone in this thing...when we are on speaker phone "getting shredded" or "walking off the pounds" or holding the plank position for as long as we can...we know that we are in it together!

butt dial your "mother-in-law" and then press start on that treadmill...

you can even call me and get in our party fitness line. :)

we gotchu, boo. <insert song We Are Family...I got all my sisters with me>
    Peace and Love:heart:
  • Hollycat
    Hollycat Posts: 372
    Options
    youtube baby....youtube! You can learn how to do just about anything from youtube!

Like I tell my kids....Stick your fear in your wallet and take it with you. If you really need it, you know where it is.

Ever seen a 250 pound woman swimming at the beach? Well...if I'm there you will. I have 3 bathing suits. All size 24 and I use 'em. If you don't like the way I look, feel free to go home, 'cause Momma's goin' swimmin'. Moral: Don't let others' brief [usually about 3 to 5 seconds] opinions of you keep you from doing what you need to do. You are the only person you have to live with for the rest of your life and you DESERVE to live it.

Hollycat
    :flowerforyou: