Supplements?

Options
samanthadawnn1
samanthadawnn1 Posts: 5 Member
edited April 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Is anyone using supplements to help with their weight loss journey? If so what kinds?

Replies

• misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    Scamwoo. Don't waste your money.
  • samanthadawnn1
    Options
    Misskarne I find it odd that you say that. I have been using thermofit since January along with my workout and have lost 45 lbs. I was wanting to see what everyone else was using.
  • asherdink07
    asherdink07 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I take a few supplements from Advocare: Coreplex (daily vitamin) Omegaplex (fish oil), and Catalyst (think liposuction in pill form). These, paired with a 10 day cleanse (also from Advocare) and clean eating, I usually drop 3-5 lbs and about 5 inches.

I realize my results aren't jaw dropping but I have heard of people losing 10-15lbs during the cleanse, which allows you to eat, and eat 6-7 times a day.
  • Erik8484
    Erik8484 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I have a magic rock that helps me lose weight, when combined with a daily caloric deficit. I will sell it to you if you like?
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    No need for supplements. Usually you end up saving money while losing weight, because you just buy less food.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Misskarne I find it odd that you say that. I have been using thermofit since January along with my workout and have lost 45 lbs. I was wanting to see what everyone else was using.

So what happens when you stop taking it?

I take cod liver oil & glucosamine
  • samanthadawnn1
    Options
    I take a few supplements from Advocare: Coreplex (daily vitamin) Omegaplex (fish oil), and Catalyst (think liposuction in pill form). These, paired with a 10 day cleanse (also from Advocare) and clean eating, I usually drop 3-5 lbs and about 5 inches.

I realize my results aren't jaw dropping but I have heard of people losing 10-15lbs during the cleanse, which allows you to eat, and eat 6-7 times a day.

I used to use Advocare, but for me as soon as I stopped taking them my weight just came back. That's why I switched to It Works! I'm so happy they are working better for you!!
  • samanthadawnn1
    Options

I haven't had any issues if I have forgottento take them or am without them for a while.
  • admckee486
    admckee486 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I take Fucothin. I started taking it at the same time I started exercising and restricting calories. I think it's helping a little because I've been dropping 1.5-2lbs/week, but I can't be 100% sure it's not just my diet and exercise.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    All the mlm supplements being mentioned here are not needed and a huge waste of money.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

I haven't had any issues if I have forgottento take them or am without them for a while.

so then maybe you don't need them in the first place.....?
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    So. Much. Woo.

I've got a bridge for sale. I'm sure I can find someone on here who'll buy it.
  • ilex70
    ilex70 Posts: 727 Member
    Options

I like Rainbow Light vitamins. Can really tell a difference from them.

At the moment? Vit D, Vit K, Vit C, magnesium. Not specifically targeted toward weight loss.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options

I used to use Advocare, but for me as soon as I stopped taking them my weight just came back. That's why I switched to It Works! I'm so happy they are working better for you!!

You don't say! Let's all take a wild guess as to what will happen when you stop taking ItWorks.
  • Pretty_Jewelz
    Pretty_Jewelz Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't take "weight loss supplemts" their just gimmicks. There is no magic pill. But I'd recommend omega-3, class, and bcaa. Those are things your body need to shed fat and keep lean muscle, ect...
  • lostgoals
    lostgoals Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I take One a Day Men's Health Formula, and 1600 calories or less a day. It costs me nothing but food costs, and it lost me 40 pounds since February. I do not want to do anything I cannot comfortably do for the rest of my life.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Is anyone using supplements to help with their weight loss journey? If so what kinds?

I take a general purpose multivitamin to help fill in any gaps there might be in nutrients because of the reduced calories. That is it as far as supplements helping during weight loss.

I do take additional B12 and D3, but these are at my doctor's recommendation because of a history of anemia as opposed to needing them while losing.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    "Placebo" by Wishful Thinking & Desperation Inc. seems to work well.....

(When combined with diet & exercise of course!)
  • Aly_Advo96
    Aly_Advo96 Posts: 2 Member
    Options

You guys are thinking of advocare as a diet. But it's soooo much more! Advocare is a lifestyle change. Like all other diets, if u stop taking the product and go back to ur usual routine, u will gain the weight back. Advocare is meant to stay in ur lives. They have awesome products that can get anyone on the right tract.