Stomach fat?

Options
Kyaface
Kyaface Posts: 17 Member
edited April 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey guys! I used to be 200 pounds and now I'm 129. Even though I lost weight I still struggle with my stomach fat! Like idk why it's so hard to get it off?! I do lots cardio and I watch what I eat. The stomach fat makes my body look weird in the front. I think because when I was bigger I used to eat tons of instant noodles and I know it's really bad for you and just stay there in your stomach. Do you guys have any advice or anything to help me please. 7jge19eyn8up.jpeg

Replies

• suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss! As you get older, some of those little pockets of fat get more and more stubborn, stomach and outer thighs seem to be typical problem areas. I think you look great! You could try building some muscle tone with different workouts. Pilates is great for the core area~
  • Arucard5
    Arucard5 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    So happy for your weight lost! That's absolutely amazing. Maybe crunches? Things that burn your core
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Lift weights/do resistance training. Eat at maintenance and go for a slow recomp.
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Is there a chance some of it is extra skin vs actual fat, making it look worse?
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? Great job on the weight loss!
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce.

You should read this thread:
    So You Want a Nice Stomach
  • alyssa0061
    alyssa0061 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I can't stop laughing at the thought of years worth of instant noodles just sitting in your stomach
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce.

/thread
  • Kyaface
    Options
    alyssa0061 wrote: »
    I can't stop laughing at the thought of years worth of instant noodles just sitting in your stomach

Lmaooo someone told me that!
  • Kyaface
    Options
    Is there a chance some of it is extra skin vs actual fat, making it look worse?

I was thinking that too but I'm not sure :/
  • Kyaface
    Options
    Rocknut53 wrote: »
    How tall are you? Great job on the weight loss!

I'm 5'2!
  • Kyaface
    Options
    suruda wrote: »
    Congratulations on your weight loss! As you get older, some of those little pockets of fat get more and more stubborn, stomach and outer thighs seem to be typical problem areas. I think you look great! You could try building some muscle tone with different workouts. Pilates is great for the core area~

Thank you! I'm going to try that, is that what you've been doing?
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce.

^^This^^ At 5'2" you still have a little wiggle room as far as your weight is concerned. (No pun intended) 5-10 more pounds I'll bet that belly disappears. You have made amazing progress. Keep up the good work!
  • pearshapedmum
    pearshapedmum Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    hey there. I know that you have posted this pic in order to demonstrate the problem that you have with your abdominal area, but being completely honest, I don't see anything wrong with it. I think you look pretty great actually. I know that we are always our own worst critic/enemy, but if you genuinely are unhappy, then as everybody else said - just keep being healthy and working out and it will come :-)

I found I had the best looking abs when I did a lot of kickboxing. its full on for fat burning and is always utilising your core (as well as legs, arms etc). maybe give it a try if it interests you?
  • Tenster
    Tenster Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce.

This.

Congratulations on your weight loss!
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    At 5'2 and 129 pounds and having been losing weight, I can safely assume you are not 100% muscle.

Us short people can see significant body changes with just a few pounds difference. So in your case, it is likely you need to continue losing weight. Fat is a First In Last Out (FILO) system. So you will need to continue your progress.

Following that thread's advice is good, but doesn't tailor anything to your specific case.

So for you, continued weight loss will help a bit more, but eventually a weight training program will need to be adopted, or at least a toning program.
  • stretchingreality
    stretchingreality Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Maybe chop some wood?
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Keep losing weight. The stomach fat may be the last to go for you.

For reference, I'm also 5'2", I need to be around 120 for it to really flatten out.
  • btwnluvnhate
    btwnluvnhate Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the huge weight loss!! How did you lose your weight? How long did it take you?
  • Kyaface
    Options
    Congrats on the huge weight loss!! How did you lose your weight? How long did it take you?

I started to eat right, I used to always exercise but my eating habits was horrible. So I just but two and two together and I lost like 71 pounds? And I started around June 2014 and now I'm 129 lol I'm tying to get to 115 though.