Newbie in SoCal

Options
Hi all,
I turned 40 and my dear Golden Retriever died a few weeks ago. And so something in my body just - broke. It said, you have to lose weight. You can NOT lose weight - that's a choice, but the ramifications are hospital beds, depression, and nurses complaining that they can't move me in bed. Renal failure, diabetes, and a life of plus sized clothing.

I want to change this. My problem in the past is that I "forget" that I'm eating differently than sugar-sugar-fat-sugar after about two weeks. I need a brain trust to help remind me to keep going.

My friend Ryan seems to have used this app to success, and so shall I.

Good luck, all. We can do it!

~anne

Replies

• KyleGA
    KyleGA Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to MFP!

Happy late birthday, sorry about your Golden Retriever (those are such great dogs).

I'm happy to hear you listened to the inner you and heard it's cry for help. Many people will press the 'Mute' button when that happens.

I think you've come to the right place...it's motivating seeing/hearing the results others are having and them sharing what is working/not working for them and we can build upon that.

Welcome again and Happy body transformation! Cheers to your new healthy lifestyle!

ttfn
    Kyle :-p
  • socalg
    socalg Posts: 8
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your dog...

Use the tool. Even when it is not good news as far as what you are eating, it is a reminder of what you are consuming and just by entering the items, it helps you to eat better.

Stick to your goals... You can do it.

Let us know how it is going.
  • SaddyPants
    SaddyPants Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear about your dog!

But congrats on making a change in your life! :) I am also from SoCal.
  • majicdanser
    Options
    Oh my goodness! Thank you so much for your replies. I feel SO fantastic having such support in the world. Yes, losing my Sammy was too much: I spent a week in bed eating nothing but sugar and milk. Think I broke my pancreas. Anyway, it's time to get healthy. I keep dreaming about Dr. Oz. Is that weird???:laugh: