Carb Cycling

Options
Hey everyone! I've just started doing carb cycling for hormone issues and a bit of weight loss to help achieve my fitness goals. Let me know if anyone has had any success with it! :)

Replies

• spankmonkeycfc
    spankmonkeycfc Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm a very keen cyclist, but what's carb cycling????
  • mamafazz
    mamafazz Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    eating higher carbs on some days (usually on weight training days) and lower carbs on other days
  • robertpcooke
    robertpcooke Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Just finished 4 weeks of it 50g carb on an off day 175g on a training day v tough but works dropped nearly 3kg of body fat in 4 weeks you need to watch fat intake and compensate for low carb days as it can drain you very quickly otherwise
  • siggy999
    siggy999 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes! I keep my protein the same everyday, high fats (good fats, eg. Avocado, coconut oil, goats cheese) on low carb days to keep me fuller for longer. Only having 35g of carbs on low days, in accordance with my body weight. Just been doing light 30 minute walk on low carb days and a more intense cardio/ resistance workout on high carb days. Can't wait to see results! I've heard it takes about 2 weeks to see anything.
  • no_day_but_2day
    no_day_but_2day Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Just finished 4 weeks of it 50g carb on an off day 175g on a training day v tough but works dropped nearly 3kg of body fat in 4 weeks you need to watch fat intake and compensate for low carb days as it can drain you very quickly otherwise

Do you watch the fat intake every day or just on the higher carb days? What are your macros?