Fatty girl asking for friends

Options
kfkp8hwilg0j.jpeg
This is me now.
Are you wondering how does a person end up in my condition? If you have the patience to read what follows, you will understand better who I am. I am a young Italian girl, grew up in a small town, where everyone knew everything about everyone. My childhood and my teenage years have not been easy nor happy. Do not get me wrong, I have a family who loves me and who did not have big economic problems. My problems were bullies. Yes, because since I was 3, I have always be tormented, physically and psychologically, by my peers. I grew up believing that my only friend was food. At the age of 7 years I started using food to stifle my emotions, eating in secret, eating so much to feel sick to my stomach. That pain was the only one I wanted to feel. Growing up, I discovered that my weight made my family life impossible and I found a way to keep it under control: vomiting. So at 15 I started to binge and vomit, discovering bulimia. I've never been thin but in the summer in 2010 I was able to reach 154 lb (70 kg), since I am 5feet 6 inches (1.68m) high, I was not so overweight. Unfortunately all the years of torment and insecurities have pushed me to accept a destructive guy, someone who asked me to gain 66 lbs (30kg) to satisfy his sexual desires. I did it. I got to 213lb (97kg). I collapsed into a depression so strong that I needed help to get better. In the last three years with a psychologist I menage to stop binge and vomit but now, I find myself fat and unhappy. This is why I decided to embark on a journey to discover my self, with a healthier lifestyle which, presumably, will take me to lose weight. Thanks for listening to me.

Replies

• spankmonkeycfc
    spankmonkeycfc Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Wow your English is good
  • noramachuca
    noramachuca Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    It's good to see someone with the courage to share their story. Keep it up and you can reach your goals. Trust in God and he will be the best helper you could ever find.
  • Fondaroo
    Fondaroo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Powerful....... You've shown resilience and determination through your journey so far. You will get healthy!!!! Add me as a friend if you'd like.
  • cinnamon_kitty
    cinnamon_kitty Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You're such a strong person!!! You've been through so much and are still motivated and I find that amazing!!!
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Wow your English is good

There are a lot of people in the USA that are in Italian families who speak English.

• ames105
    ames105 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. Talking about it is good because you won't feel so alone once you learn there are a lot of people out here who feel similar to you.

Please don't refer to yourself in derogatory terms. Negative self talk is not good for you. I don't see a 'fatty'. I see a person who has been through a lot in their life and is carrying some extra pounds around their hips and stomach.

You CAN fix that. You CAN do it in a healthy way. Most importantly, you CAN feel good about yourself again. Take a walk and breathe deeply. Breathe in fresh air and sunlight. Nourish your body with fresh healthy food. Nourish your soul with whatever makes you happy...reading, listening to music, spending time with friends, spend time in nature. Don't rush because it isn't just about losing weight, its about letting go of your past and the things that bring you down. Its about moving forward and being healthy.

Keep up the good work. You have motivated me today to try a little harder and I thank you!!!!
  • dominic410
    dominic410 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am happy to see you have the courage to speak up about this and share it with the community. What I learned from my journey is that you won't get very far without loving yourself first. Weight loss is a very do-able thing and as long as you use your past as a steam to power your dream then I will gladly bet money that you will strive.
  • MissDeeDee78
    MissDeeDee78 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I would kill for your thighs and arms! Thank you for sharing your story with us.
  • princessonadietITA
    princessonadietITA Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Wow your English is good
    Thanks!! You are so kind :-)
  • princessonadietITA
    Options
    perkymommy wrote: »
    Wow your English is good

There are a lot of people in the USA that are in Italian families who speak English.

I'm Italian! Born and raise in Italy from Italian ancestors! Thanks by the way, If you thought I could be born in the USA it means my english is improving :-) I'm so happy

• princessonadietITA
    Options
    It's good to see someone with the courage to share their story. Keep it up and you can reach your goals. Trust in God and he will be the best helper you could ever find.

I believe you are totally right! I always think of God when I'm happy for something but also when I'm sad or worried. I believe that If you believe in someone or something more powerful than you, you can always find your way through the darkness
  • princessonadietITA
    Options
    You're such a strong person!!! You've been through so much and are still motivated and I find that amazing!!!

Wow thanks!!!!
  • princessonadietITA
    Options
    ames105 wrote: »
    Thank you for sharing your story. Talking about it is good because you won't feel so alone once you learn there are a lot of people out here who feel similar to you.

Please don't refer to yourself in derogatory terms. Negative self talk is not good for you. I don't see a 'fatty'. I see a person who has been through a lot in their life and is carrying some extra pounds around their hips and stomach.

You CAN fix that. You CAN do it in a healthy way. Most importantly, you CAN feel good about yourself again. Take a walk and breathe deeply. Breathe in fresh air and sunlight. Nourish your body with fresh healthy food. Nourish your soul with whatever makes you happy...reading, listening to music, spending time with friends, spend time in nature. Don't rush because it isn't just about losing weight, its about letting go of your past and the things that bring you down. Its about moving forward and being healthy.

Keep up the good work. You have motivated me today to try a little harder and I thank you!!!!

I'm really touched by your words, really thank you!!! I'm astonished by the support and by the sweetness of what you said!! Thank you!!
  • princessonadietITA
    Options
    dominic410 wrote: »
    I am happy to see you have the courage to speak up about this and share it with the community. What I learned from my journey is that you won't get very far without loving yourself first. Weight loss is a very do-able thing and as long as you use your past as a steam to power your dream then I will gladly bet money that you will strive.

Wow that's some amazing support! Thank you!
  • princessonadietITA
    Options
    I would kill for your thighs and arms! Thank you for sharing your story with us.

This is the first time someone looks at my arms and not declare total disgust emphasizing with gestures of vomiting. Thank you so much for giving me a positive thought to take with me when I'll look my arms in the mirror. Thank you!
  • milseyy98
    milseyy98 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You're such an inspiration, I'm so happy for you to be making this decision to change for you to be the best version that you can be, if you're not sure as to what 'diet' or lifestyle to take course, slimming world helped me get to where I am now from being bullied when I was younger from my weight, I still eat to excess regularly but it's what you eat that counts and slimming world enables you to understand that, now I focus on clean eating for the health benefits and juice regularly so you could give those a go too, I'm so excited to see your progress, you got this xx
  • pvju
    pvju Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Brava! You are on the road to re-claiming your life as your own. You can definitely do this and we're all here to support each other! I totally understand using food as a friend and comfort when life is unbearable.
  • princessonadietITA
    Options
    Milseyy2 wrote: »
    You're such an inspiration, I'm so happy for you to be making this decision to change for you to be the best version that you can be, if you're not sure as to what 'diet' or lifestyle to take course, slimming world helped me get to where I am now from being bullied when I was younger from my weight, I still eat to excess regularly but it's what you eat that counts and slimming world enables you to understand that, now I focus on clean eating for the health benefits and juice regularly so you could give those a go too, I'm so excited to see your progress, you got this xx

Thanks for your support, I'm glad you are eating healthy!
  • princessonadietITA
    Options
    pvju wrote: »
    Brava! You are on the road to re-claiming your life as your own. You can definitely do this and we're all here to support each other! I totally understand using food as a friend and comfort when life is unbearable.

Thanks for your understanding and support!