Healthy Habits Every Day Challenge - April 2016

Options

Replies

• newbie2143
    newbie2143 Posts: 328 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Date: April 8, 2016 (reporting for yesterday)
    Logged food intake: Yes, under calorie goal
    Exercised: Yes, 7k run
    Vitamin: Yes

Current weight: 138
    +/- vs. April 1: -1.5 lbs

Current struggles: Hungry! Couldn't help but eat most of my exercise calories yesterday..... I know that is OK, but I try not to do it. Interestingly, I have been over on my carb macros for the past few days.... Wondering if that has something to do with being hungry all of a sudden when I haven't reduced my calorie intake from where it has been for the past 3 months.

Current strengths: Made good food choices, despite being so focused on eating yesterday.
  • charchriscam
    charchriscam Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    April 8
    weight 136
    logged in my food it was -53 calories

decided to eat salads for lunch for 30 work days
    greatest struggles are handling stress from work and making more time for exercise
  • newbie2143
    Options
    ^ welcome @charchriscam , I have the same struggles!! You can come check in here and tell us how you are doing with your goals and for support if you think that will help keep you on track.
  • newbie2143
    Options
    Date: April 9, 2016 (reporting for yesterday)
    Exercised: Yes, 35 mins elliptical, core work
    Vitamin: No

+/- vs. April 1: -1.5 lbs

Current struggles: I am going to have to figure out an eating strategy to follow when I socialize. Over to a friends' house for dinner last night and again ate lots more than I should have... I think I just have to "say no" to appetizers! Managed to stay on track with calories, but that was only because I had 1000 calories left in my budget (including exercise calories) going into dinner. These socials really ramp up in the summertime, so I will need to sort myself out soon.

Current strengths: Planned ahead enough to get myself to the gym in anticipation of all the extra calories I was going to take in...

• newbie2143
    Options
    Date: April 10, 2016 (reporting for yesterday)
    Logged food intake: Yes, at calorie goal (ate my exercise calories again, but realizing this might be a fair strategy for weekends, when I tend to do more social eating).
    Exercised: Yes, 7.75 km run, 2 k walk

Current struggles: Missing my MFP peeps! I'm going to have to start calling this "newbie's blog" pretty soon...

Current strengths: Feeling back in the groove with daily physical activity.... Although I know from past experience my motivation could ebb at any moment. Got to try to keep the momentum going. I had a crazy thought the other day, which might help motivate me. I am going to aim to be at my pre-pregnancy weight (130) in time for my last "baby"'s 15th birthday, May 14. It's never too late to lose the baby weight, right? :wink:

• GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,838 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I just found this, I hope it was okay to just jump in, :):)

April 10th: Reporting for yesterday
    Under Calorie Goal: Yes (1400)
    Exercise: Morning treadmill 3 mph -120 mins / Evening walk 70 mins / Strengh 25 mins
    Sodium Intake Check - 2300: Yes and below :smile:
    Protin Intake Check: Yes :smile:

Primary Goal: Get back to my highest maintence weight about 10 more pounds, this time stay within 5 pounds ..
    1. log calories
    2. Regular runs (3 -4 days a week)
    3. Consistent gym workouts to include (4-5 days a week)
    4. No late night snacking
    5. Strengh (3 days a week)

Current Weight: 145.5
    Goal Weight June 1: 135

Current Strength: I'm able to stay away from late night snacking.
    Current struggles: My husband and I are both retired so he loves to eat out, :) I need to stay focus when we do and make healthy choices
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    April 10th: Reporting for Today
    Exercise: Treadmill 3 mph - 50 mins / Run 50 mins / Evening walk 50 mins / Strengh 20 mins
    Protin Intake Check: Yes :smile:

Primary Goal: Get back to my highest maintence weight about 10 more pounds, this time stay within 5 pounds ..
    1. log calories
    2. Regular runs (3 -4 days a week)
    3. Consistent gym workouts to include (4-5 days a week)
    4. No late night snacking
    5. Strengh (3 days a week)

Current Weight: 145.5

Current struggles: My husband and I are both retired so he loves to eat out, :) I need to stay focus when we do and make healthy choices[/quote]

• newbie2143
    Options
    ^ Welcome, @GrandmaJackie , great goals!
  • newbie2143
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Date: April 11, 2016 (reporting for yesterday)
    Logged food intake: Yes, at calorie goal
    Exercised: Yes, 1600 m swim
    Vitamin: No

Current struggles: Macros off again yesterday... Hoping this will improve now we are back to a work-week...
  • puglife456
    puglife456 Posts: 127 Member
    Options

April 11th: reporting for 4/10
    Under Calorie goal: yes (except my goal was at maintenance, heh)
    Exercise: yes 3 mile walk
    Meditation: no
    Weight lift: no
    Avoided processed foods/ excessive sugar: yes

Current Weight: 151 +/- 1 pound (it's been fluctuating a lot recently... Will reweigh tonight)
    Goal Weight 5/1: 146 pounds

Current Struggles: very Busy weekend, so I'm behind on a lot of stuff

Current Strength: despite my busy weekend and going out to eat a lot, I was able to keep under my maintenance goal and get some nice walking and hiking in. My schedule is clear for the rest of April, though, so I can get really serious about losing.
  • GrandmaJackie
    edited April 2016
    Options
    April 11th: Reporting for Today
    Exercise: Arc trainer 70 mins / Treadmill 3 mph - 80 mins / Run 25 mins / Strengh 45 mins

Protein Intake Check: Yes :smile:

1. log calories :)
    2. Regular runs (3-4 days a week) :)
    3. Consistent gym workouts to include (4-5 days a week) :)
    4. No late night snacking :)
    6. Strengh (3 days a week) :)

Current Weight: 145.5 (144.1 new weight will adjust tomorrow, :))

Current struggles: tonight was extremely hard not snacking so I decided to have an apple with hummus)[/b] :)
    newbie2143 wrote: »
    ^ Welcome, @GrandmaJackie , great goals!

Thanks
  • puglife456
    Options
    4/12 (reporting for 4/11)
    Under Calorie goal: no
    Exercise: 60 min bike ride
    Avoided processed foods/ excessive sugar: no

Current Weight: 150 pounds

Current Struggles: I came down with a bad cold and I think I over did it with the biking yesterday. I'm gonna just do some walking and light biking today to make sure I don't hurt myself again

Current Strength: although I frequently go over my calorie goal, I at least log everything I eat so I'm hoping this will ultimately lead to me being more mindful of all my late night/ 3 pm snacking as currently that is what is holding me back.
  • charchriscam
    charchriscam Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Reporting for yesterday
    134.5 weight
    had a salad for lunch
    Stayed on calorie goal including fats
    worked out on Sunday
    Was so tired when I got home, cleaned, cooked dinner, went to bed wanted to squeeze in exercise but was just spent
  • newbie2143
    Options
    Date: April 12, 2016 (reporting for yesterday)
    Exercised: Yes, 5K run

Current weight: tbd Friday

Current struggles: Feeling like I am just running from one thing to the next.... Life is busy at the moment,and currently talking myself out of going to the gym because I have so many other things on my plate.
    Current strengths: I have achieved my daily physical activity goals every day for the past week. I don't really want to wreck that, so I guess I will talk myself back into going to the gym tonight. :neutral:

• puglife456
    Options
    4/13 (reporting for 4/12)
    Exercise: 60 min bike ride

Current Struggles: still struggling with my cold, but it has gotten a lot better

Current Strength: I had pizza last night but didn't go overboard like I normally would have. Was still at a calorie deficit yesterday, although not at my goal
  • newbie2143
    Options
    Date: April 13, 2016 (reporting for yesterday)
    Exercised: Yes, 35 mins bike

Current weight: tbd Friday

Current struggles: All of a sudden I am needing to eat my exercise calories.... I'm going to take a night off the exercise tonight and see if I can reset that.
    Current strengths: Made it to the gym yesterday, even though I was SO CLOSE to talking myself out of it....

• puglife456
    Options
    @newbie2143 congrats for making it to the gym! I know that late night feeling of not wanting to go at all!
  • puglife456
    Options

4/14 (reporting for 4/13)
    Exercise: no
    Meditation: yes

Current Struggles: staying under calorie goal, although I was still at a deficit

Current Strength: went to the store last night and got only fresh produce- nothing heavily processed. And I'm looking into healthy recipes to get me motivated to stick with the whole foods diet. I also feel like I'm slowly learning not to overeat, which will help me keep this weight off in the long run (a few years ago a lost a lot of weight really quickly, then gained it back just as quickly because I hadn't had time to really adjust to the clean-eating lifestyle )
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options

Sorry keep forgetting to report, :'(:'(
    April 14th Reporting for Today
    Exercise: Arc trainer 50 mins / Treadmill 3 mph - 90 mins / Run 50 mins / Strengh 30 mins

Protein Intake Check: Yes :smile:

1. log calories :)
    2. Regular runs (3-4 days a week) :)
    3. Consistent gym workouts to include (4-5 days a week) :)
    4. No late night snacking :)
    6. Strengh (3 days a week) :)

Current Weight: 144.1 (-1.4)

Current struggles: letting stress keep me from working out!
  • newbie2143
    edited April 2016
    Options
    ^Great job, @puglife456 , I hope the new recipes keep that motivation going! Please share any favorites :)
    ^ @GrandmaJackie , your physical activity goals are an inspiration to me.... Keep up the great work!

Date: April 15, 2016 (reporting for yesterday)
    Logged food intake: Yes, missed calorie goal by 50 calories
    Exercised: No

Current weight: 137 (-1.0)

Current struggles: Did not get my workout in last night.... No excuse other than lazy, but today is a new day. We are FINALLY going to get a bit of spring weather up here this weekend, so I KNOW I will want to be out running in it. Weight loss a bit slower than goal, but I recognize that eating my exercise calories isn't helping with that, and also realized that now I have lost 15 lbs, I should probably recalculate my calorie goal.... Unlikely to be the same.

Current strengths: 15 pounds down!! I am going to spend a bit of time today reflecting on how awesome I have done so far. Others have lost more and more quickly, but I have been trying (and failing) to get this weight off for years, and I am finally DOING IT! I don't care how long the last 7 pounds takes to come off really, I know I am going to do this!