Anyone else with MS?

Options
Hi everyone. I'm 49 recently diagnosed with MS. Was wondering if there is anyone else here that has been diagnosed and is trying to control the progression on MS with diet.

Replies

• shamimhz64
    shamimhz64 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi. My sister diagnosed with MS about 10 years ago. She examined a few diets but what works for her best is to eat whatever she craves for
  • surfingmourir
    surfingmourir Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am going through diagnosis now. There is a MS organization that goes through diets discussions online. While none have proven to be the diet to follow, it seems a healthy one, like the Mediterranean diet, with lots of healthy omega 3 and b12, and avoiding triggers like gluten, seem to help many. Good luck to your family.
  • faithsstaircase
    faithsstaircase Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed several years ago, and struggled with putting on additional weight as a result of my joints hurting and my meds. I'm happy to say that after losing 20 lbs, my joint pain has actually gotten better, and my night vision has improved a bit from eating the right vitamins and foods. I do avoid gluten most of the time, which definitely seems to help.
  • AMFrasca
    AMFrasca Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! Not sure I'm doing this right so pls pardom any mistakes. Advice welcome. ... I was diagnosed 3+ years ago with RRMS. Always was way overweight and still am. Since diagnosis, I've been following a Paleo-based, gluten-free, reduced-dairy, reduced-legumes eating plan with lots of veggies (9+ cups/day). Coupled with my MS med, I have not had any exacerbations. Sure hope it stays that way! While exercising (to aid in my weight-loss efforts as well as maintain muscle tone), I tore my rotator cuff and had to stop all exercise. :-( In the 7 months since then, I've regained 35 of the 45 lbs I had lost. I had surgery a week ago. My P/T starts in 2 1/2 weeks. Once I push thru that, I hope to return to the gym and get back to the job of losing weight. Meanwhile I'm tracking my food intake with MFP and using FitBit to monitor my daily stepcount. Anyone have success with this combination or do you use other tools?