Lifestyle Plan

Options
I'm curious to know what lifestyle plan are you guys doing. Low Carb, Low Calories, Paleo, WW and what results have you seen with them. I'm now keeping my carbs below 50 and being more active.

Replies

• Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Eat a bit less than I burn, it has no brand name unfortunately.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    Scamd83 wrote: »
    Eat a bit less than I burn, it has no brand name unfortunately.

^ Pretty much that.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I practice moderation in all things. Very boring and I'm ok with that.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    I practice moderation in all things. Very boring and I'm ok with that.

This^

I know I won't be low carb for the rest of my life. I'm fat because my portions are too big, not because I eat carbs.
  • HealthierRayne
    HealthierRayne Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I am trying to make healthier choices (more veggies, more fruits, less processed foods) and working on meeting my calorie/macro goals set up through myfitnesspal. I struggled with portions for a long time so I looked up the 21 day fix online and noted their portions and suggested number of servings of different foods. Funny enough, when I plugged it into mfp it was almost identical to the number of calories/macros that the site gave me. I was glad I didn't waste any money on fancy Tupperware.

I tried weight watchers a while back and found it very annoying (I am vegan and used to get criticized by the meeting leaders that I didn't drink milk/eat cheese/"lean meats" and told I wouldn't see results... which is bogus)

I don't like low carb because your brain and body are fueled by carbs, although a lot of people in my family have done it and lost huge amounts of weight. Disclaimer - if they go off it for even a week they gain a TON of weight immediately - I would call that un-livable in the long term as it's not sustainable and you are constantly depriving yourself.

Give the eat less move more a try - just make sure you weigh and measure your foods to know it's actually less :)
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I don't follow any of those. I kinda carb cycle. I eat more carbs on days I do cardio and less other days.
  • MrsJonSamuels
    MrsJonSamuels Posts: 53 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

lol.... I totally agree with the low carb lifestyle, I've lost a ton and gained a ton.
  • Nachise
    Nachise Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Real food, prepared well, in moderation. Inclusive of all food groups; fad-free zone.
  • meganmoore112
    meganmoore112 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    IIFYM - If it Fits Your Macros. So basically I eat anything that works to meet my protein, carb, and fat goals. It can be tough sometimes, but as long as I stay at or under my overall calorie goal and meet my protein goal, I consider the day a success.
  • MrsJonSamuels
    Options
    Thanks you guys for your feedback!!! I just always wonder what others are doing to lose their weight
  • MrsJonSamuels
    Options
    IIFYM - If it Fits Your Macros. So basically I eat anything that works to meet my protein, carb, and fat goals. It can be tough sometimes, but as long as I stay at or under my overall calorie goal and meet my protein goal, I consider the day a success

I used to be obsessed with meeting my macros!! it drove me crazy when I couldn't meet them...LOL
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Flexible - I still eat the same foods, just less of them. I also have put more emphasis on meeting my macros. I use the ones given by MFP for protein and fat as a minimum.

It's a work in progress haha some days are better than others.