honey and lemon drinks

Options
has anyone found honey and lemon drinks to be any good? research tends to suggest it helps you to lose weight faster, and it also has many other health benefits

Replies

• TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    As like in your other thread - NO.

It does not do anything as far as making you lose weight faster.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    If the flavor appeals to you, drink it, but there's nothing in it that helps with weight loss.
  • jandsstevenson887
    jandsstevenson887 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »

Same point I made in the other thread...it can technically make you lose weight faster if you drink it as a replacement for a Dr. Pepper. :wink:
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Nothing can make you lose weight faster, if there was, there wouldn't be so many threads of people asking the same thing with hundreds of answers saying there isn't a way to lose weight faster. There may be things that have certain benefits, but none that help make you lose weight faster, if there was, trust us, everyone would be commenting on what magical thing it was and we would ALL be using it. ;)
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »

Same point I made in the other thread...it can technically make you lose weight faster if you drink it as a replacement for a Dr. Pepper. :wink:

tumblr_n20jj4Kozj1rpa5uxo2_500.gif
  • hiyomi
    Options
    An example of something with benefits, lime/lemon infused water is known to suppress hunger for a little while, and oranges can help boost your immunity. But nothing to actually lose weight faster.
  • sammiewammie444
    sammiewammie444 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    it can suppress sugar cravings and leave you feeling fuller for longer, so in a way i think that will help with weight loss, as you will be snacking less
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I think honey and lemon taste delicious in a drink...but I've never done it for weight loss.
  • jandsstevenson887
    jandsstevenson887 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    If by suppress sugar cravings, you mean you are choosing a honey sweetened water over Girl Scout cookies, then yes, I guess you will be snacking less.
  • Vanyahiril
    Vanyahiril Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I like it when I have a sore throat... But as a diet technique, no.
  • hiyomi
    Options
    it can suppress sugar cravings and leave you feeling fuller for longer, so in a way i think that will help with weight loss, as you will be snacking less

Yea, sure it can help with weight loss, just like anything else can, but as you asked if anything "speeds up weight loss" I can't really say anything speeds it up. :)
  • DisneyDude85
    DisneyDude85 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Vanyahiril wrote: »
    I like it when I have a sore throat... But as a diet technique, no.

This. Also used to drink it when I sang for a living. But, I was a fat singer, so no.

Just find foods that keep you fuller, longer. The right combo of fat/carb/protein will remedy this. Some one provided a link to a list of more satiating foods and you said you were going to look into that. Doesn't seem like you got far down the list.

Weight loss will take some trial and error, and PATIENCE. Find out what works for you, then stick with that.
  • sammiewammie444
    sammiewammie444 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    when theres loads of articles and research saying it can aid in weight loss, can you really blame me in thinking it could be true?
  • chunky_pinup
    Options
    when theres loads of articles and research saying it can aid in weight loss, can you really blame me in thinking it could be true?

I'd like to see these "loads" of research.
  • hiyomi
    Options

There is actually tons/loads of research on certain foods giving certain benefits, but none that speed up weight loss. But an example, lemons are known to supress hunger, red wine for women can help prevent breast cancer. Etc. There is a lot of research and articles etc from many different doctors, people, universities, organizations. But like everything, its not 100% accurate or true, its based off of speculation and studies and labs done on people and they all had similar results leading to the possible conclusion it could help with something. So I can understand were OP is coming from. :)
  • chunky_pinup
    Options
    hiyomi wrote: »

There is actually tons/loads of research on certain foods giving certain benefits, but none that speed up weight loss. But an example, lemons are known to supress hunger, red wine for women can help prevent breast cancer. Etc. There is a lot of research and articles etc from many different doctors, people, universities, organizations. But like everything, its not 100% accurate or true, its based off of speculation and studies and labs done on people and they all had similar results leading to the possible conclusion it could help with something. So I can understand were OP is coming from. :)

I was actually being serious. I want to see the research she has found which specifies that this combination aides in weight loss. I'm an RD, and I've yet to hear this one yet. I googled it, and have found junk articles and blogs about "studies have shown..." without specifying which studies and how they were performed...so I'm curious to see the research since there's apparently loads of it I'm not finding.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't the honey calories add up pretty quickly? Be sure you're weighing and logging all that honey.
  • hiyomi
    Options

I was actually being serious. I want to see the research she has found which specifies that this combination aides in weight loss. I'm an RD, and I've yet to hear this one yet. I googled it, and have found junk articles and blogs about "studies have shown..." without specifying which studies and how they were performed...so I'm curious to see the research since there's apparently loads of it I'm not finding.

The information I get is usually from our textbooks (studying for nursing) that say and state the sources of what lab and when the study was done. :) I'm not saying every benefit has a legitimate study, but I'm saying a lot of them do and have a legitimate basis for health benefits. (But again, not something that can speed up weight loss)
  • chunky_pinup
    Options

The information I get is usually from our textbooks (studying for nursing) that say and state the sources of what lab and when the study was done. :) I'm not saying every benefit has a legitimate study, but I'm saying a lot of them do and have a legitimate basis for health benefits. (But again, not something that can speed up weight loss)

Right. But she said there IS research that states it aides in weight loss, which I'm hoping she can point me to so I can look at this research and how it was conducted. She didn't say she's read loads of research about its health benefits, she specified weight loss, and I'm interested in seeing these.
  • hiyomi
    Options

Right. But she said there IS research that states it aides in weight loss, which I'm hoping she can point me to so I can look at this research and how it was conducted. She didn't say she's read loads of research about its health benefits, she specified weight loss, and I'm interested in seeing these.

Oh okay, thought you were referring to me since I replied back to your post lol But yea, I've never seen research that suggests anything speeds up weight loss. Just articles with recipes claiming too