Replies

• FlabToFitty
    FlabToFitty Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Yeah hardly anyone in my family sees a difference it sucks lol
  • jacki865
    jacki865 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Quick question everyone my starting weight was 246lbs now it is 212lbs. No one has noticed and I haven't too. When will the change become more noticeable???

Anyone??? Lol

I started at similar stats and It came to me like overnight somehow. One day I am just like another day than the next I started getting comments on the weightloss and noticed clothes weren't fitting. Its odd how that happens. I think its based on perspective.
  • FlabToFitty
    FlabToFitty Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    jacki865 wrote: »
    Quick question everyone my starting weight was 246lbs now it is 212lbs. No one has noticed and I haven't too. When will the change become more noticeable???

Anyone??? Lol

I started at similar stats and It came to me like overnight somehow. One day I am just like another day than the next I started getting comments on the weightloss and noticed clothes weren't fitting. Its odd how that happens. I think its based on perspective.

What did you weigh when people started noticing
  • jacki865
    Options
    I weighed around 208
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    When I was at my heaviest 245lb, it took about 30 lbs for people to notice.

I still tend to yo-yo a bit, winter is tough for me (our climate sucks). I can gain 20lbs every winter. I always get motivated in the spring, and from experience 6 lbs seems to be where my face and stomach tighten up and people notice (about 3 weeks of pretty diligent effort).

• jacki865
    Options
    Also the weightloss was just started to be noticed 2 weeks ago which I was still at 208
  • soufauxgirl
    soufauxgirl Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Had a couple of workmates comment which is nice. I think the rest are trying to be polite or something lol. But there is one particular workmate who is making me chuckle right now. She suddenly is on a diet (she has worked here for 3 years and has shown no interest in that before gee wonder what triggered it LOL!) and asks for other people's advice (you know the one's not trying to eat healthier) or chats to them about what shes doing and when I enter the room, she goes all quiet and goes back to her desk.. It's like she is trying avoid me so she dosen't have to mention my weight loss (almost 40 pounds and counting)
  • dorisj717
    dorisj717 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Had a couple of workmates comment which is nice. I think the rest are trying to be polite or something lol. But there is one particular workmate who is making me chuckle right now. She suddenly is on a diet (she has worked here for 3 years and has shown no interest in that before gee wonder what triggered it LOL!) and asks for other people's advice (you know the one's not trying to eat healthier) or chats to them about what shes doing and when I enter the room, she goes all quiet and goes back to her desk.. It's like she is trying avoid me so she dosen't have to mention my weight loss (almost 40 pounds and counting)

That's an awesome job losing 40lbs. I love how some people ask me what I'm doing to lose weight but hey don't want to do it. I have a coworker who is doing nutria system. Why pay all that money for processed food when you can make your own for much less and it taste better. What happens when you stop eating their food and you go back to your old ways? :)
  • myfightforfitness
    myfightforfitness Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    *bump*
  • wcgenius
    wcgenius Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've lost and gained a few times and people tend to notice at around the 10% - 20% mark. Although there was one time when I hadn't seen any real change myself. I knew I fitted in my clothes better and knew I was down significant poundage but, hadn't really seen any changes. I walked past a mirror on the wall one day caught a glance at myself. I could not beleive how flippin' huge my nose was! I was like 'Bloody Hell, why have I never noticed was a large nose I have! It's huge, massive, enormous!' And then I realised what it was...the over-stuffed pillows that were my cheeks had deflated - essentially uncovering my nose. It wasn't huge, I just hadn't seen it properly for a while.
  • Idle_Moon
    Idle_Moon Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    SW: 150
    CW: 127
    GW: 116
    5"4

My in laws noticed after losing 16 lbs but they didn't dare to ask. Half a year ago mother in law asked and since then, they keep saying that I have lost so much and shouldn't lose anymore, etc.
    They are getting concerned, but don't want me to explain my goals. So I am not talking about how I eat. They support my exercise tho. :)
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    5'7
    SW: 264
    CW: 235
    GW: 155

I started getting hit on more often after about 15 lbs. People started noticing at about 20 lbs. Now, people are encouraging me to stop around 180 and are shocked to hear that I've 'only' lost 30 lbs...
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Last Friday, after I'd been losing weight for a year, a nerdy workplace colleague asked me how much I'd lost. I proudly told him, "86 pounds". Then he said, "I guess it takes 86 pounds for me to notice."
  • myfightforfitness
    myfightforfitness Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    So inspirational, well done guys!
  • Freedom125
    Freedom125 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    smiles4jo wrote: »
    SW: 216
    CW: 194
    GW: 140
    Height: 5'6"

So, I'm down 22 lbs (and 10%) and no one has commented! I realize I'm not doing it for the comments, but it sure would be nice!

I started at 225 and people started to notice right around 160 lbs. Took forever!
  • dorisj717
    dorisj717 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I've lost a little over 100 lbs so far. (F, 46, 5' 1/2") I have about 10 more to go, I guess.

No one has said a thing until yesterday. (I'm surrounded by weirdos, apparently.)

I lost a good amount -- like 50 lbs -- before it was tangibly different to me. I'd notice my wrists looked smaller, my neck a little thinner, but my pants stayed the same for a LONG time. When I got into the 160s over the summer (down from the 230's), my pants and shorts were finally getting a little loose. I take measurements, and my waist stays the same for a long time before it goes down ...

As I get smaller, I notice that losing a pound or two seems to make a huge difference. Going from 133 to 130 was really noticeable, and going from 130 to 127 was REALLY, REALLY different, for example.

Wow! People must be really slow not to notice a 100lbs. loss on a person, that's amazing. I've lost between 50-53lbs. and have been at this weight for several months and after Christmas when I went back to work everyone kept commenting on how great I looked, how skinny I looked and I had gained about 5lbs. Plus I am so far from skinny, and by far I mean farrrrr.
  • MsMaeFlowers
    MsMaeFlowers Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I've had one comment so far around the 30lb mark. Nobody else has really said anything. My husband notices obviously and is happy for me, but that doesn't really count as a wow you've lost weight reaction.
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    I am 5 "7" and nobody noticed til I lost approx. 25 pounds and there was still people I told that I could tell were skeptical
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!