Am I too old for him?

Options

Replies

• lesleyloo7879
    lesleyloo7879 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    OldManOne wrote: »
    You should be dating guys that are 51! :D

no cause then she could not be an awesome cougar!!!! If you two are happy enjoy it

• SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    My husband is 13 years older than me. I never thought much about it. I met him in my mid twenty's it freaks out our kids though. LOL
  • Acacia_Evers
    Acacia_Evers Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I'm 23, my boyfriend is 34. We've been together over a year.
  • KorvapuustiPossu
    KorvapuustiPossu Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Since guys tend to be a bit immature for their age (my experience) I always dated older guys. My husband is 5.5 years older and that's about perfect for me. But everyone is different and in general age differences tend to not matter as much once both reach/are close to 30. 29 and 37 is fine... 15 and 23...weird :D
  • mankars
    mankars Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    windime wrote: »
    So I started dating this guy, very interested in him but just found out his age. He is 29, I am 37. Is he too young for me? Anyone here with a similar age gap in their relationship?

It's fine unless you both are seriously thinking to share your future (aka marriage) together.
    What if he wants kids & you don't??

Remember.... Ashton Kutcher & Demi Moore marriage fell apart mainly because she couldn't give him any kids of their own.

All the best.
  • Sweetiepiestef
    Sweetiepiestef Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I am 29 he is 42 and I love it!
  • Jose2716
    Jose2716 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    As long as you guys are happy, that's all that matter. Enjoy yourself, life is too short to worry about silly stuff.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    That's not even ten years...you are overthinking this. The individual is more important than the age.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    for me i wont date anyone under 21 or over 35

i could maybe push the age thing up a bit more if they are awesome but no one over 40 too close to my parents age

so i think you should just go with it see how it goes and if you start to feel weird about the age thing dump his young *kitten*
  • cookncrazy
    cookncrazy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I met my man when I was 39 and he was 21. I never thought in a million years we would still be together after 26 years, in a happy loving relationship, but we are. I had already been married 3 times when I met him. I wasn't even looking for a relationship. So it just goes to show that anything is possible in life. He is the best thing that has ever happened to me.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    He doesn't sound too young to me but that's up to you.
  • ElJefeChief
    ElJefeChief Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    37/2 = 18.5
    18.5 + 7 = 25.5

He's 29, so you're cool.

I think it's funny how women stress out about this. With men, as long as they're not dating someone in high school, they usually are a lot less hung up about it.

(Full disclosure, I'm 42, my GF is 30).
  • rorytait
    rorytait Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    There is a formula for that: [(your age)/2] +7= age appropriate. For you anyone over 25. Enjoy!
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    windime wrote: »
    So I started dating this guy, very interested in him but just found out his age. He is 29, I am 37. Is he too young for me? Anyone here with a similar age gap in their relationship?

Dear God, no. I am 48 and my husband is 38. We got married when we were 40 and 30. BEST. HUSBAND. EVER.
  • NYactor1
    NYactor1 Posts: 9,642 Member
    Options
    You are far too old for him. You should break up immediately. I'll send u my phone #.
  • biggccman
    biggccman Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    An 8 year age difference matters if you're 18 and he's 10. In his 20's and your 30's it really doesn't matter if you're both happy
  • windime
    windime Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Lol @ nyactor1 that made me smile
  • Poods71
    Poods71 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Nah, my husband is five years younger than me and he is the grown up one in the relationship, so we meet in the middle lol
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    biggccman wrote: »
    An 8 year age difference matters if you're 18 and he's 10. In his 20's and your 30's it really doesn't matter if you're both happy
    Absolutely agree.
  • deadlifts_and_lipstick
    Options
    I dated a guy who was 34 and I was 21! I was head over heels for him, and we met in college which was great!! The only weird thing was that he had a 13 and 7 year old daughters, but thankfully, we all got along! His wife passed away, so I never tried to fill her spot, but we were good friends
    We eventually broke up (after a year and a half), but we're still great friends, and I coached his daughter in volleyball last year.

My point is, if you like each other, and you're happy, go for it! Age is just a number!