Fit tea?

Options
Kyaface
Kyaface Posts: 17 Member
edited April 2016 in Food and Nutrition
I've been seeing lots of people trying out those tea brands that helps you loose weight. I want to know do those really work? Have anyone tried the teas before and you seen results?

Replies

• KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    The "skinny tea", "teatox", "fit tea" etc. are usually laden with laxatives (which are commonly abused by those with eating disorders and can lead to longterm digestive issues) and/or come with teeny tiny disclaimers that their results was "balanced with a healthy diet and exercise".

There is no magic pill/tea/cleanse/etc.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    if they worked every person on the planet would be skinny. Usually like said above they have laxatives but there are a lot that don't. I know its hard to not want a quick fix, but it takes some time to put it on and its gonna take some time to take it off.
  • MegSchuy16
    MegSchuy16 Posts: 189 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I don't know about helping you lose weight... I drink Lipton Green Tea (dragon fruit w/melon or acai w/blueberry) not so much for the weight loss, but because it increases metabolism, keeps me full, and keeps me awake on my overnight shifts.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Poop tea. They make you poop. A lot. That can appear as a temporary loss on the scale. It isn't actual fat loss or anything. Laxative abuse can cause serious damage to your body, not something I would want to mess around with.
  • finneyjason218
    finneyjason218 Posts: 166 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Green tea has been shown to help with weight loss, pretty much the only product that actually has btw. The fit teas you are asking about are a scam though. But deep down you knew that already didn't you?
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Diarrhea city. Nothing more.