Halfway through my journey should hit my target at start of June

Options
ColinSham2016
ColinSham2016 Posts: 21 Member
edited April 2016 in Success Stories

73dxeodmzsxc.png

Started MFP at beginning of March. Bodyfat was 27% currently 20% hope to hit 10% at beginning of June. MFP has been 80% of success the other 20% has been earned in the garage with basic weights. Wish me well on the rest of my journey. If I can do it so can you. Not very active during the day and gained a lot if weight over the years have changed my lifestyle for good and I am more educated about nutrition and training more than ever. Any questions I will try and answer. I am certainly no expert but will try to help anyone based on what has worked for me. Main goal is to lose bodyfat and retain muscle.

Replies

• ddavenport63
    ddavenport63 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You look great with great results in such a short time keep up the good work !!!
  • ColinSham2016
    Options
    Thankyou. Treated myself to a power cage dumbbells and a bench today will be training flat out now no excuses!
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    Great work!
  • rboylan9
    rboylan9 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You look awesome!
  • cmsu64113
    cmsu64113 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • cmsu64113
    cmsu64113 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    How did you do it ?
  • ColinSham2016
    Options
    I decided one day that I had two choices either continue down the road of self destruction or make some serious changes. I had been on Facebook that day and had stumbled across a local personal trainers page which had lots of impressive 12 week transformation pictures posted on it. It seemed too good to be true but as the guy was local and I knew some of the people in the pics I contacted him for advice. The next evening I met up with him at the local gym to get started. I got weighed, Bodyfat calculated and got some sound nutritional advise. He also told me about MFP which I hadn't heard of before. I thought that it would be too time consuming to log everything but he showed me how easy it was by using the barcode reader he also setup my macro percentages and advised me how to achieve those ratios. Booked in weekly with him at the gym and started my weight loss journey. The first week I actually struggled to eat all of the food which was required to make up the calories and felt like I was forcing myself to eat! Weighed in a week later and had 4 lbs lost and had my first 45min training session in the gym. Have been honest with every meal and log absolutely everything. Since the first week weight loss has been 1-2 lbs a week just by changing the foods I eat and eating at a calorie deficit. Initially I struggled to get enough protein per day and as a result lost a bit of lean weight. Since I got the protein intake sorted this has stabilised. Was heavier (15st) than in before pic but hadn't any pics as I was too embarrassed to take them. My before pic is 14st 27% pic on right is 12st 8lb have a target set for 10% should finish up about 11 st depending on lean muscle throughout the rest of the recomposition.
    Hope this helps! It was a post like this that got me started just trying to give a little back and hopefully someone will make a decision to change their lifestyle for good. I'm reaping the benefits of this lifestyle change already you can do the same.
  • ColinSham2016
    Options
    Great work!

"work in progress" will post another pic when I hit my target. Starting to ramp things up a bit now that I'm seeing results and I am both mentally and physically stronger.
    Thanks
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    no photos but I'm also 1/2 way through. 25 lbs gone 25 to go. Perhaps end of July?
  • hmz74
    hmz74 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Amazing great story to read. Sometimes all we need is that little push and you have done that for me.
  • jamesha100
    jamesha100 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Great progress - how tall are you if you do not mind me asking?
  • ColinSham2016
    Options
    meritage4 wrote: »
    no photos but I'm also 1/2 way through. 25 lbs gone 25 to go. Perhaps end of July?

Well done you!
    End of July is certainly doable you should be aiming for around a pound and a quarter loss a week this will allow for a couple of weeks that might not go to plan. Keep up the good work.
  • ColinSham2016
    Options
    hmz74 wrote: »
    Amazing great story to read. Sometimes all we need is that little push and you have done that for me.

Thankyou so much. Glad I have inspired someone and if only one person is inspired its still a big positive for me. First couple of weeks were tough for me was quite sore after workouts and recovery was up to five days before pain was gone but with the right supplements this has now greatly improved and I am back to recovery times when I was in my twenties. Also found out 1500 cals a day were too little for me leaving me burned out at the gym with little strength. I upped the cals to 1750 for a couple if weeks and weight loss plateaued! Have come back down to 1500 on my not so active days and up to 2100 on my more active days and have loads if energy now. This may not be the case for everyone but has been successful for me.
  • ColinSham2016
    Options
    jamesha100 wrote: »
    Great progress - how tall are you if you do not mind me asking?
    5'10"
  • ColinSham2016
    Options
    cmsu64113 wrote: »
    Awesome!

Thanks
  • Iamsimpleguy
    Iamsimpleguy Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Fantastic Colin great determination and hardwork!! Inspired!!! Can you share your food diet!!
  • ColinSham2016
    Options
    Fantastic Colin great determination and hardwork!! Inspired!!! Can you share your food diet!!

Yes I will share diary but I take a lot of protein shakes for convenience when I have nothing prepared for the day. Best to get protein from food when possible. I only take shakes to keep me from making unhealthy choices.
  • ColinSham2016
    Options

Yes I will share diary but I take a lot of protein shakes for convenience when I have nothing prepared for the day. Best to get protein from food when possible. I only take shakes to keep me from making unhealthy choices.

You should be able to see diary now.
  • ColinSham2016
    Options
    You look great with great results in such a short time keep up the good work !!!
    Thanks will Def keep it up getting started is the hard bit will keep on going till I die
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!