detox veg?

Options
A detox I saw on here says day 2 is just veg....would you consider tinned baked beans a veg?...

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    What is "on here", what are you detoxing from, what does your doctor say?

If you want to eat more vegetables, eat more vegetables. You don't have to call it a detox.

Can't people do a search or look around to find one of the thousand threads about detox and other meaningless *kitten*?
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    don't detox.
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Eating more fruit and vegetables is good for you, but your body detoxes on its own no matter what you eat.
  • gothomson
    gothomson Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I don't do detox other than what my liver does. I don't understand what this detox thing is, I've read about it, but it looks like a diet fad
  • pootle1972
    pootle1972 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    You wouldn't see a detox diet on here unless it was spam and that woukd be deleted quickly.
  • pootle1972
    pootle1972 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    And beans aren't a vegetable they are a legume.
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    Why
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Detox is a fad.
  • ivanfawcettgibson
    ivanfawcettgibson Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Your body detoxes all the time, it's what your liver and kidneys are designed to do.
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    A detox I saw on here says day 2 is just veg....would you consider tinned baked beans a veg?...

I would not believe anything claiming to be a detox, unless it's your liver or kidneys.
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    Agree with the others. As long as you have a fully functioning liver and kidneys, you don't need to detox anything, your body does that just fine on its own. It's never bad to eat more fruits and vegetables, but that is part of a healthy diet, not a detox.

Oh, and beans are not a vegetable.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Ca0Sym9XIAAhaB5.jpg

*Detoxes are not required including dietary detoxes.