I Feel like a loser...

Options
So I've been doing crossfit for about 3 weeks now and I love it! I joined a challenge where I work hard to loose fat %/weigjt and it's 8 weeks. Well today we did a benchmark workout and I did awful. I was huffing from running and my mind wasn't in a you can do it place. I get to do this workout at 4 weeks and 8 to see my progress but I can't get over how awful I did and how lame I look but most of all I'm struggling at being the slowest,lowest weight I lift ect... words of enouragement?

Replies

• Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    You did the workout.

It doesn't matter how badly you did it, how much you sweat, how huffy-puffy you were. You still DID it. My hat's off to you, and I bet you're going to absolutely rock the 8 week benchmark.
  • sarbu24
    sarbu24 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Better than laying on the sofa!!!Good job !!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    And how long have the others you are comparing yourself to been doing this? Would you expect someone who has been playing the piano for three weeks to be a professional? Ease up on yourself and think of where you will be in four weeks.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating?
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Good for you for starting. That's the hardest thing to do, and most don't even bother. In a month or two it'll be a lot easier. In a year or two or ten working out will be second nature.
  • babsandi
    babsandi Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You should be proud of yourself at least your doing something and exercising. I have a hard time just making myself walk
  • lindseykayleen
    lindseykayleen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Man, I'm killing it if I walk the dog everyday. It sounds like you rule.
  • chaney3000
    chaney3000 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Embrace the suck. Benchmark workouts suck but keep pushing and you will eventually see the benefits
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Remember why you love CrossFit and just keep plugging away. You will improve.

Human biology tells us we fail many times before succeeding. If this 'benchmark workout' was a piece of cake I'd be asking for a refund. Dude, if I'm paying all that cheddar for CrossFit class it better be in the itinerary that my emotional well-being gets flattened on its proverbial butt! LOL!

If you quit, you'll never improve. And that's the only time in life you'll ever feel like a loser.

Keep grinding.... only place to go from here is up. :smiley::smiley::smiley:

• ashleyylo
    ashleyylo Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Remember why you love CrossFit and just keep plugging away. You will improve.

Human biology tells us we fail many times before succeeding. If this 'benchmark workout' was a piece of cake I'd be asking for a refund. Dude, if I'm paying all that cheddar for CrossFit class it better in the itinerary that my emotional well-being gets flattened on its proverbial butt! LOL!

If you quit, you'll never improve. And that's the only time in life you'll ever feel like a loser.

Keep grinding.... only place to go from here is up. :smiley::smiley::smiley:

X2.

Try not to be discouraged. Think of it this way --your next bench mark will blow this one out of the water!!!
  • Fernando618G
    Fernando618G Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    kcerrillo wrote: »
    So I've been doing crossfit for about 3 weeks now and I love it! I joined a challenge where I work hard to loose fat %/weigjt and it's 8 weeks. Well today we did a benchmark workout and I did awful. I was huffing from running and my mind wasn't in a you can do it place. I get to do this workout at 4 weeks and 8 to see my progress but I can't get over how awful I did and how lame I look but most of all I'm struggling at being the slowest,lowest weight I lift ect... words of enouragement?

Yeah believe it or not you did fantastic you finished now use that as a benchmark and do better next time!!!!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    A benchmark is a starting point for future comparison. There is no specific level you must achieve. Sound like you will definitely see improvements at 4 &8 weeks!
  • Fernando618G
    Fernando618G Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Also if CF was easy, hell everyone would be doing it
  • kcerrillo
    kcerrillo Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    You did the workout.

It doesn't matter how badly you did it, how much you sweat, how huffy-puffy you were. You still DID it. My hat's off to you, and I bet you're going to absolutely rock the 8 week benchmark.

Wow thank u all so much I really needed that!

• kcerrillo
    Options
    Also if CF was easy, hell everyone would be doing it

Ur kickass thank ur ur awsome repy.
  • kcerrillo
    Options

1500 calories. HAve a nutritionist n trainer at my box. Have been eatting clean.
  • blobby10
    blobby10 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Benchmark is a starting point! Dont beat yourself up just focus on each week getting a bit stonger and fitter so when you get to your 4 week and 8 week benchmarks your stats are better!

Good luck - it really is worth doing :-)
  • Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    Options

Don't worry about it, see how you do next time you do that benchmark workout and if you do it just a little bit better, you're progressing.

1500 calories. HAve a nutritionist n trainer at my box. Have been eatting clean.

Eating 'clean' doesn't mean anything. If you're taking the nutritional advice of someone at Crossfit I'm going to assume that means you're eating 'paleo'? If so, maybe that isn't working for you.
  • KellieTru
    KellieTru Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Don't worry...you're going to see some great gains! Stick with it you're doing the right thing :)
  • chiefg61
    chiefg61 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    First and foremost I applaud you for even doing crossfit. Very tough. Don't get discouraged, be patient. Worst thing you could do is beat yourself up. You will get there. Give it time.