Time spent on exercise per week

Options
How many minutes per week do you spend on exercise?

EDIT: I will be spending a little over 300 this week. I see so many VERY dedicated people on here though, so I was curious.

Replies

• melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    about 180 min give or take 10 or 15. That's about 30 min of exercise 6 days a week.

Edit: I saw your edit lol. I simply don't have time for more, Full time nursing student, wife, mom to 4.5 year old boy. BUT the good thing is that because I ALWAYS get in my time that I have I've consistently lost weight since last August, paired with proper eating :D
  • frugalmomsrock
    frugalmomsrock Posts: 1,123
    Options
    I shoot for 100 minutes a day, minimum. Today was 125 minutes.

I take one day off a week, so that's 600 a week minimum.
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    about 180 min give or take 10 or 15. That's about 30 min of exercise 6 days a week.

Edit: I saw your edit lol. I simply don't have time for more, Full time nursing student, wife, mom to 4.5 year old boy. BUT the good thing is that because I ALWAYS get in my time that I have I've consistently lost weight since last August, paired with proper eating :D

This was not to judge. This was to marvel at what we all do. With so many people who say they don't have any time, and the world growing more and more sedentary, this is more of a celebration.
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    frugal, that is amazing!
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Typically 200-250 mins. :wink:
  • RCKT82
    RCKT82 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I average about 400mins a week or so... looking at bumping it up to maybe 500min a week
  • AwesomeSauce4
    AwesomeSauce4 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I spend well over 700 on exercise.. I am at like 2hr +per workout 5-6 days a week:wink:
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    60 minutes 3-4 times per week so 180-240 mins per week. (running x 60 minutes 3x per week plus a 60 min cardio/interval class)
  • mpurkis
    mpurkis Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I usually do 60-70 minutes at the gym 3 or 4 days a week, plus running 3 miles (30 min) 3 or 4 days a week. I alternate days, so that's why it's not the same exact workout on the same days every week.
  • Hollie55
    Hollie55 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I aim for a min of 60 mins per day 6 days a week at the gym so 360hrs.

I am a full time stay at home mum & wife with a 6 yr old, 3 yr old twins & a 5 month old.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Counting tomorrow's workout, about 650minutes.
  • AwesomeSauce4
    AwesomeSauce4 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I average about 400mins a week or so... looking at bumping it up to maybe 500min a week

Dang you look awesome!!!! Great Job:wink:
  • denverdeb1
    denverdeb1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I try to do 60 minutes 5-6 times a week so about 300-400 each week.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Depending on the week I can go between 300 and 600 minutes. I'm currently unemployed, so I have the luxury of time on my hands.
  • amarie35
    amarie35 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Well this week I've been pretty active; I've spent over 3000 minutes exercising. But usually I average @ least 2000 per week.
  • Biggestloserfan
    Options
    I used to exercise about 60 min or more a day but now I try to get in at least 30 min a day I find I have difficult meeting my calorie intake if I do more than 30 min ever since I found out I was allergic to yeast so I cut it back to 30 min so I can meet my calorie intake and a lot of times I still have trouble even meeting the minimum of 1200 calories a day at that because I have so very little foods to choose from. I have to eat very natural foods and a lot of fruits and veggies which is very healthy but not very calorie dense but very filling. So it has worked well for my diet but this has all just started so it is a learning process for me with the exercise and diet so trying to find a proper adjustment to find what I will lose weight on then I will figure out how I can bump up the cardio without throwing my body into shock.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    About 500-600 minutes.
  • amarie35
    amarie35 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Well this week I've been pretty active; I've spent over 3000 minutes exercising. But usually I average @ least 2000 per week.

WOOPS....sorry bout that. I meant over 500 minutes this week. I was looking @ my calories burned. I thought that seemed a little too high! LOL! =)
  • ofthevalley
    Options
    I'm still fairly new to the exercising, but I've been averaging between 90 - 100 minutes a day. I do walking/running and stretching for an hour and strength training for 30 - 40 minutes depending on the day and my ability to follow through. So, 540 - 600 per week.
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I'm a stay at home mom, so I was averaging about 500-600 a week but now that my kids are home for the summer, more like 300-400 as I can't make it to the gym nearly as often and am doing the 30 day shred and just walking instead.