Getting married in 1year! Vegan! -60lbs. Support buddies from every lifestyle!!!

Options
Hey there I'm a junk food Vegan looking for fitness and support buddies (Vegan or not). My goal is 60lbs and I'm 5'9". I'm a junk food Vegan but hope to achieve eating better at meals. For now I'm watching calories. My home is Colorado and I loveeee hiking! Getting married in a year! I need to look good for my wedding, but also feel good for the adventurous lifestyle my fiancé and I live! I'm ready to get smaller, feel good, and be fit the rest of my life after! I'm sick of being exhausted a mile in on our hikes and feel bloated all the time! Just started this journey 3 days ago I would love for new friends here to hold me accountable and so that I log here every day and keep up! I'm super motivated and I'll motivate you too!!

Replies

• NicoleDarling00
    NicoleDarling00 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm here for you! I love hiking as well, I live in North Carolina. We'll have you looking great for your wedding! -xo
  • georgethepanda
    georgethepanda Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Waaaaah Colorado is top of my bucket list of places to visit (damn you Instagram, you have a lot to answer for)! I'm over here in the UK cheering you on and have a similar (non-vegan) goal and my wedding in November (eeek)!! xx
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    junk food vegan.
  • happyveganrachel
    happyveganrachel Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Yes, you are repeating a fraction of a sentence in my post?
  • taranicole1995
    taranicole1995 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm not vegan, but I'd be happy to help with support. I have over 70lbs to lose until I get to my goal. :)
  • happyveganrachel
    Options
    Awesome! Let's motivate each other!
  • katiealice16
    katiealice16 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am a vegan also, who has delved into too much vegan junk food and vegan gelato (living in Italy at the mo!) and have about 6 kg to lose/about 10-15 lbs! I'll add you. So jealous that you live in Colorado!
  • happyveganrachel
    Options
    Haha yay you understand!!!! Lol
  • Jesusjohnjames
    Jesusjohnjames Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    In one year this World will be coming to an end! Get married now at the court house.

• FrenchWimp69
    FrenchWimp69 Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    *cringe*
  • happyveganrachel
    Options
    Okkkay lol
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    In one year this World will be coming to an end! Get married now at the court house.

Well, that escalated quickly. I've been vegan for over a decade, btw. Howdy.
  • happyveganrachel
    Options

It did escalate quickly haha! That's awesome! 2 years for me. Hi!
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options

It did escalate quickly haha! That's awesome! 2 years for me. Hi!

I'm just down the road, btw. Colorado is the best and everyone can be jealous.
  • peridotpumpkin2203
    peridotpumpkin2203 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's harsh! I'm new around here too! Good luck with your journey!
  • coyotejack
    coyotejack Posts: 2 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Hello! I'm newly vegan, about a month, and new on here - good to see you! I'm using it to learn about getting enough nutrition as a new vegan, and also because I have 60lbs to lose, so I better start counting calories/macros.
  • happyveganrachel
    Options
    Colorado is amazing I do enjoy living here!
  • mrsspregs
    mrsspregs Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I would love to get to a vegan lifestyle. I've seen it transform the health of several people in my family. But junk food is a problem for me too...can we say coconut ice cream?! Feel free to add me for support!
  • happyveganrachel
    Options
    mrsspregs wrote: »
    I would love to get to a vegan lifestyle. I've seen it transform the health of several people in my family. But junk food is a problem for me too...can we say coconut ice cream?! Feel free to add me for support!

Vegan is definitely easy to do if you're ready to take a leap and try it out. You can still be pretty junky eating off being Vegan but I'm ready to be more healthy. Lol
  • mikngayaq
    mikngayaq Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm not vegan, but have lots to lose. I love hiking, but have done very little of it in the last few years due to injury and weight gain. I'm ready to get back to nature. I live in Alaska and have 68 lbs to lose. I've lost 17 so far thanks to MFP helping me stay accountable.