How often do you weigh in?

Options
emzy42014
emzy42014 Posts: 359 Member
I'm used to weighing myself every Sunday morning after before breakfast and after showering usually.

How about everyone else?

Replies

• prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Every Saturday first thing in the morning
  • lindsaymbirch
    lindsaymbirch Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning when I wake up, and then average on Sunday. Weight fluctuates so heavily everyday depending upon different factors, so I feel it's most accurate for me.
    It doesn't work for everyone though- if they get down about the numbers, it probably won't motivate and more so discourage.
  • emzy42014
    Options
    Every morning? Why. Once a week for me and I dread it! Also find I loose or gain inches too
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily and was only recording losses for a while. I've started logging it daily simply because I want to get a better idea of my trends and how certain foods or activities effect my weight. It was actually fun this weekend to see it go up after a night out and then right back down again the next day.
  • kmancine
    kmancine Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Every Morning after a shower. Some days I fluctuate others I may drop a couple of ounces. It's interesting to see the progress whether its up or down.
  • emzy42014
    Options
    StacyChrz wrote: »
    I weigh myself daily and was only recording losses for a while. I've started logging it daily simply because I want to get a better idea of my trends and how certain foods or activities effect my weight. It was actually fun this weekend to see it go up after a night out and then right back down again the next day.

Uhh I agree completly with this. ❤
  • StacyChrz
    Options
    I figure at this point the more information the better.
  • WendyLaubach
    WendyLaubach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Often several times a day. I'm fascinated to see how the fluctuations work. It's just a number, nothing to be scared of. I know that only the weekly trend is particularly memorable, and I keep track of that on the monthly weight-loss challenge forums.
  • emzy42014
    Options
    My last weigh in I lost 4lb in a week. Huge loss as I hadn't really tried.... With little exercise as I've got a back injury at the moment. Be interesting with this Sundays weigh in. Def lost it off my cup size, which I'm not happy about lol x
  • emzy42014
    Options
    Often several times a day. I'm fascinated to see how the fluctuations work. It's just a number, nothing to be scared of. I know that only the weekly trend is particularly memorable, and I keep track of that on the monthly weight-loss challenge forums.

Haven't seen the weight loss challenge I'll take a look. X
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and log it in the Happy Scale app.

I update my MFP weight when I have reached a weight or lower on two weigh in days.
  • LadyGauche
    LadyGauche Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Monday mornings :)
    Although after reading through this thread I'm thinking of maybe weighing in more often. For those of you who weigh in daily do you also record your weight daily on MFP?
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I gave away my scale years ago, so I only weigh myself at the gym, after coffee and breakfast. My pants are more of an indicator of my progress. I don't log all of my weigh ins, and if I suddenly go down a few pounds, I wait til the next gym visit to 'verify' and then log it. Years ago I had a very bad relationship with the scale and was constantly weighing myself. Now it's better, but I see no need to buy one.
  • emzy42014
    Options
    Although after reading through this thread I'm thinking of maybe weighing in more often. For those of you who weigh in daily do you also record your weight daily on MFP?

I'd get beat down if at the end of the week I weighed more lol
  • AnneCoolbreze
    AnneCoolbreze Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I step on my scale daily. It helps me keep little things in check. I officially weigh every week or two using the body composition analysis machine at complete nutrition. This is what I use to update and track.
  • emzy42014
    Options
    bebeisfit wrote: »
    I gave away my scale years ago, so I only weigh myself at the gym, after coffee and breakfast. My pants are more of an indicator of my progress. I don't log all of my weigh ins, and if I suddenly go down a few pounds, I wait til the next gym visit to 'verify' and then log it. Years ago I had a very bad relationship with the scale and was constantly weighing myself. Now it's better, but I see no need to buy one.

Certainly been here too,.. Awful relationship with sizes and weight in my past. I also find different scales weigh different. X
  • StacyChrz
    Options

I just started recording daily about a week ago. I just feel like I want the additional information but you have to do what works for you.
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    no more than twice a month at the same time of the day usually first thing in the morning
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily, but only record it once a week. I just don't think ONE number should be the judge of an entire week's progress.