5'3'', CW: 164lbs, GW: 115lbs. Looking for serious people to lose weight with who have similar stats

Options
Jpat0
Jpat0 Posts: 201 Member
Hi,

I'm 24 and I've "started" many, many times for as long as I can remember. My highest weight has been 180lbs+. I don't know the exact number because I was too embarrassed to check. The picture that I've seen suggest maybe 185lbs as my highest? I have lost and gained multiple times since then. I went all the way down to 147lbs but that was short-lived. I have maintained 164lbs for a year. I'm frustrated with myself and I want to prove to myself that there is no turning back now.

Everyone says that they are serious and stop at the beginning/half way or for some reason just 5-10lbs before their GW. I've been one of these people and have partnered up with these kind of people. It's not their fault, as many things can happen in life that are out of control. However, this time I really am looking for serious weight-loss partnerships.

I'll say a bit about myself to let you decide if you're interested. As I mentioned, I'm 24 and a student. I'm annoyingly organized and make charts of my workout schedule lol. I'll probably ask if you want to too. I have currently started doing yoga/meditation in the morning and hope one of you is interested in this too. It's an internal struggle to wake up every morning, it'll be nicer if someone is struggling with me. I have a sweet tooth and a really bad emotional eater. I eat secretly a lot and is the major cause of my weight gain. I enjoy beer but I'm trying to cut that down but I'll treat myself to a cold one once in a while. I have battled severe depression twice. I'm currently fine but it manages to creep up on me once in a while.

As for hobbies, I enjoy outdoor activities such as, kayaking, hiking, canoeing and running. I love kick boxing as well. I recently injured my ankle, so I can't do a lot of things. My daily goal is to burn anywhere from 600-1200 calories 6 days/week and just burn calories from yoga only on the 7th day. I have unfortunately ran out of funds to get a gym membership (I live in a small town, so it's expensive) but I'm planning to just do elliptical workouts at home. I love art, kpop/jpop, anime, variety of shows and music. I love learning new things and an open person.

In my weight-loss journey, I've studied this topic quite thoroughly. I'm also a medical student, so although I'm not a practicing physician yet, I'm confident in my knowledge. If you're new to weight-loss, I can help you understand :smile:

Requirements

1. Age is not a big issue for me.
2. Don't care too much for you to being momentarily motivated but discipline is a must. I'm still working on it, so obviously you don't have to be perfect lol. However, I'd like us to help and push each other until we reach our goals.
3. I prefer that you have similar stats (especially the height). The weight can be + 20lbs/- 10lbs.
4. This will be a long commitment, so if you don't like my style or you feel we're not compatible, don't feel pressured to say you don't want to anymore. I'm a frank person and would prefer that you be frank with me. If I feel we're not pulling the same weight, I will also let you know.
- I was working with this one individual who only liked to complain. I'd provide with many answers and there is only so much I can help online. I gave her 3 months of my time and she was still only complaining/making excuses at the end. She actually gained 10lbs. This relationship was not beneficial to me, not even once. So please understand where I'm coming from and I hope I don't sound rude.
5. I'm not just looking for one person, but I will have a cut-off point because it can get confusing with many people. If I see a lot of people interested, I can maybe create a group (unsure about this for now)

Feel free to message below with your details and PM me if you're interested. If I'm not compatible with you, I hope you find someone in the messages below who is!

Let us make 2016 the year we throw away our size 8/10 pants and finally be who we're meant to be!

Replies

• morgennn
    morgennn Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hi there :)

To start, my name's Morgen! I'm a 20 year old vehicle administrator for Ford from Scotland in the UK. I would say I'm a previous "success" story, which is interesting... I managed to go from 178lbs to 139lbs between January and May of 2013, but I got too comfortable eating bad food again after this and managed to get up to a massive 207lbs.

November 2015 changed things for me. My current boyfriend and I split up due to my mental health and I decided I needed to make several life changes, my weight being one of them! Two weeks of illness dropped me from 207lbs to 199.8 and I started eating well at this point to keep the ball rolling!

It's now April 12th of course, and I weigh 159lbs, so our weights are very similar! And my goal is 120-130 so that's similar too! Although, I am 5 foot 5. I hope the 2 inch height difference puts you off, because I don't usually reply to forum posts like these. This one caught my eye however, you seem a very genuinely lovely person and your emotional eating I can relate to. I would eat when I'm bored... When I was sad... I would eat because I'm overly happy! Any occassion that could potentially involve food? Count me in.

The past two weeks I've struggled a little bit more with my eating - indulging more on the weekends and not being able to say no to chocolate so well. I need a kick up the bottom and if you're that person I'd be delighted to give you a helping hand when you're not doing too well!

I don't currently exercise at all - other than going walks to keep my fitbit happy... And that's also something I'd love to incorporate. Something I NEED to!

Can I ask you, when would you like to achieve goal? How often do you have treat days? Do you take your measurements, too? :)

Hope to hear from you, or anybody else that reads this and is inspired or wants to help me along x

Morgen
  • Btheodore138
    Btheodore138 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm 5'2 and 157 lbs. When I started almost two months ago, I was 165 lbs and just completely sick of it. My highest was 180 lbs also. After a recent vacation, something in me snapped and I have been motivated to get down to 120 ever since. I started logging my calories and going for walks. Now I joined a gym and do Zumba 3-4 a week. I'm married with two toddlers, so having energy and being healthy is super important. My family plans to re-locate in a few months to the Pacific Northwest, which will be a huge change and I'll need all the motivation I have to stay on track during a stressful time.
    I don't do cheat days, but I will have cheat meals every once in awhile...usually reserved for gym days. I'm available to give out any kind of advice and words of encouragement! I'm not a huge online chatter because I like to keep busy, but I'll usually respond or give a thumbs up at least once a day.
  • Nicklebee93
    Nicklebee93 Posts: 316 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Hey :) 22 here! I went from 165 pounds to 145 pounds. And kept that weight for a year. Which is fantastic. But i needed to get back on track. I started again and went through a very frustrating month, i fluctuated between 145-140 pounds for a month. I started to take measurements and was relieved to see i was at least losing inches. Since then i dropped down to 136 pounds :#

Though i have a lot less to lose, i know how frustrating it can be. I'm also 5'3 my goal right now is 120 pounds. And then i think i'm going to focus a lot on muscle, but we will have to see if i'm happy with that weight first!

** Trust me, you can do it. Just take one day a step at a time. This is a long journey i've come to realize. A lot of trial and error. And it took a heck of a lot longer than i originally thought. So just keep that in mind. You may not lose as quickly, you might get off track. Just remember to look back and pat yourself on the back for all the success you've already done. **
  • Sky_high88
    Sky_high88 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there :) My name is Sammie. My CW: 158 and my GW: 120-115. (Close to yours!)

A little bit about my past: My weight lose journey has been up and down. My highest weight was 170lbs (I think but I'm not sure because I was too ashamed to look). I had gotten down to 98lbs a few years back due to being bullied and disliking my body. This then led to my depression. I went and got help so I am recovered from the eating disorder but the depression comes and goes.

Now I want to get in shape and loose weight to feel more comfortable in my own skin and have an overall healthier life style. I'm determined to do what I have to to finally be proud of my body. I would love to have a group on here to motivate each other and to help each other through the temptations and celebrate our success. I love having planned out schedules because I feel like I tend to stick to those better. I enjoy hiking, swimming, kayaking, gymnastics, and running (it stinks at first but I feel a lot better afterwards). I am ready to start this journey to fitness as soon as possible!

I hope to hear from you soon!
  • knichols31
    knichols31 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey:) I'm 20
    starting weight 180
    current weight 164
    goal weight 135
    Height 5'5
    Need someone to lose weight with. My husband is supportive but he's happy with his weight and eats whatever he wants making it difficult to not snack. I have been successfully cutting portion sizes and excessive snacking as well as exercising daily. I do tend to get disappointed if I don't see the number I'm looking for on the scale.
  • tugsandpulls760
    tugsandpulls760 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    morgennn wrote: »
    Hi there :)

To start, my name's Morgen! I'm a 20 year old vehicle administrator for Ford from Scotland in the UK. I would say I'm a previous "success" story, which is interesting... I managed to go from 178lbs to 139lbs between January and May of 2013, but I got too comfortable eating bad food again after this and managed to get up to a massive 207lbs.

November 2015 changed things for me. My current boyfriend and I split up due to my mental health and I decided I needed to make several life changes, my weight being one of them! Two weeks of illness dropped me from 207lbs to 199.8 and I started eating well at this point to keep the ball rolling!

It's now April 12th of course, and I weigh 159lbs, so our weights are very similar! And my goal is 120-130 so that's similar too! Although, I am 5 foot 5. I hope the 2 inch height difference puts you off, because I don't usually reply to forum posts like these. This one caught my eye however, you seem a very genuinely lovely person and your emotional eating I can relate to. I would eat when I'm bored... When I was sad... I would eat because I'm overly happy! Any occassion that could potentially involve food? Count me in.

The past two weeks I've struggled a little bit more with my eating - indulging more on the weekends and not being able to say no to chocolate so well. I need a kick up the bottom and if you're that person I'd be delighted to give you a helping hand when you're not doing too well!

I don't currently exercise at all - other than going walks to keep my fitbit happy... And that's also something I'd love to incorporate. Something I NEED to!

Can I ask you, when would you like to achieve goal? How often do you have treat days? Do you take your measurements, too? :)

Hope to hear from you, or anybody else that reads this and is inspired or wants to help me along x

Morgen

i love scotland was in the navy lived there for 4 years miss it i loved glasgow