Back to the single and fit life..

Options
So after getting married in July of last year, I found out that I was cheated on two weeks after getting married. And far worse things afterwards that I wish not to explain. I've been finding healthier ways to cope and meditate but working out and eating healthier has become a very great distraction and peaceful outlet.

Is there any other suggestions or wisdom someone would like to impart to me? Especially if someone else has gone through this...

Replies

• ChristinaOrr65
    ChristinaOrr65 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I am very sorry to hear about your situation. I think it is great that you are focusing on yourself after the end of a relationship where the other person clearly did not value you as they should have. I am sure that you have heard this from many other people, but time is the best healer and as you move forward focusing on bettering yourself, you will begin to hurt less and less each day. Just be sure to surround yourself with people who are positive and treat you well.

Good luck to you :)
  • abtsdiet
    abtsdiet Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I went through a time in my life where I was deeply depressed. I wasn't aware of how seriously depressed I was. It became normal and after a few years....I forgot that I was depressed and learned to live with it.

Anyway...in 2009 I decided I wanted a dog. To this day.... I don't know what "made" me want a dog. Maybe God....I don't know.

So I went to the local animal shelter and adopted 2 silly little dogs. Those dogs changed my world. They were the beginning of a new life...although I didn't recognize it at the time.

Fast forward to 2016 and my life is full of blessings. The depression is under control.

Is life perfect...no.
    Do I still have problems...yes.

But I feel much more hopeful.

Anyway...I'm sorry for your loss.

I'm glad you're here.

• kristinleah939
    kristinleah939 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    It's great that your trying to make life better and exercising is a good add to your life as well as eating better :) It sucks that all that happen to you but just think a stronger healthier body is the best revenge in my opinion. :#;)
  • jacki865
    jacki865 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    First of all, you are gorgeous and I am sure you will find plenty of men who are willing to treat you right!

I have been through similar. What helped me was reconnecting with friends and going out. Also meeting new people helps not only boost your self esteem, but also helps to touch up on your social skills which for me I needed after a 5 year relationship. Rediscover your hobbies, learn new things, go to new places. Also healthy living will also help improve your quality of life. In my relationship I went from being an outdoors person to being a couch potato. Since mfp I have dropped 30lbs so far and now I am more social, go out more, and I'm more active. Things get better, trust me. Feel free to add me if you want support :)
  • Khaleesi2012
    Khaleesi2012 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I am very sorry to hear about your situation. I think it is great that you are focusing on yourself after the end of a relationship where the other person clearly did not value you as they should have. I am sure that you have heard this from many other people, but time is the best healer and as you move forward focusing on bettering yourself, you will begin to hurt less and less each day. Just be sure to surround yourself with people who are positive and treat you well.

Good luck to you :)

Thank you :)
  • Khaleesi2012
    Options
    I went through a time in my life where I was deeply depressed. I wasn't aware of how seriously depressed I was. It became normal and after a few years....I forgot that I was depressed and learned to live with it.

Anyway...in 2009 I decided I wanted a dog. To this day.... I don't know what "made" me want a dog. Maybe God....I don't know.

So I went to the local animal shelter and adopted 2 silly little dogs. Those dogs changed my world. They were the beginning of a new life...although I didn't recognize it at the time.

Fast forward to 2016 and my life is full of blessings. The depression is under control.

Is life perfect...no.
    Do I still have problems...yes.

But I feel much more hopeful.

Anyway...I'm sorry for your loss.

I'm glad you're here.

I am so jealous! I want a dog! I struggle with depression too and every day that I can win against it is a much better day in my book.
    I wish you the best as well and thank you for giving me hope
  • Khaleesi2012
    Options
    It's great that your trying to make life better and exercising is a good add to your life as well as eating better :) It sucks that all that happen to you but just think a stronger healthier body is the best revenge in my opinion. :#;)

EXACTLY! I want to look and feel good!
  • Rob_in_MI
    Rob_in_MI Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    So after getting married in July of last year, I found out that I was cheated on two weeks after getting married. And far worse things afterwards that I wish not to explain. I've been finding healthier ways to cope and meditate but working out and eating healthier has become a very great distraction and peaceful outlet.

Is there any other suggestions or wisdom someone would like to impart to me? Especially if someone else has gone through this...

That sucks.....been there. Try as many new things as you feel comfortable with. (Climbing, biking, running, fishing, ect). Maybe you got away from some of the things you lived to do pre relationship also. Get out there and experience as much as you can. You'll meet new people, and have fun doing it. I promise!
  • Khaleesi2012
    Options
    Rob_in_MI wrote: »

That sucks.....been there. Try as many new things as you feel comfortable with. (Climbing, biking, running, fishing, ect). Maybe you got away from some of the things you lived to do pre relationship also. Get out there and experience as much as you can. You'll meet new people, and have fun doing it. I promise!

That's what I've been doing lately and aim to keep doing. Trying new things more each day I can. :) Thank you!
  • Khaleesi2012
    Options
    jacki865 wrote: »
    First of all, you are gorgeous and I am sure you will find plenty of men who are willing to treat you right!

I have been through similar. What helped me was reconnecting with friends and going out. Also meeting new people helps not only boost your self esteem, but also helps to touch up on your social skills which for me I needed after a 5 year relationship. Rediscover your hobbies, learn new things, go to new places. Also healthy living will also help improve your quality of life. In my relationship I went from being an outdoors person to being a couch potato. Since mfp I have dropped 30lbs so far and now I am more social, go out more, and I'm more active. Things get better, trust me. Feel free to add me if you want support :)

Thank you so much! And I'll definitely add you!
  • teamvic
    teamvic Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your troubles, I've recently gone through something similar so I know it hurts. Exercise has been my saviour and release. I've battled through our wet autumn and winter to reep the rewards in to spring. If I can do it so can you. I've gone from couch potato to running over 10k a couple of times a week, doing free weights and cycling for hours and hours. All the time I'm getting fitter, losing weight, getting compliments and slowly getting over the breakdown of my marriage. Good luck with your journey, I hope you get from exercise what I got. And time does help, at times it doesn't feel like it, but as months have passed by very slowly I see light at the end of the tunnel. For me I also found out who my true friends were, those who really care will make time to meet and encourage me to come out and try new activities. All the best, I hope your journey to recover is a swift and painless one.
  • Khaleesi2012
    Options
    teamvic wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about your troubles, I've recently gone through something similar so I know it hurts. Exercise has been my saviour and release. I've battled through our wet autumn and winter to reep the rewards in to spring. If I can do it so can you. I've gone from couch potato to running over 10k a couple of times a week, doing free weights and cycling for hours and hours. All the time I'm getting fitter, losing weight, getting compliments and slowly getting over the breakdown of my marriage. Good luck with your journey, I hope you get from exercise what I got. And time does help, at times it doesn't feel like it, but as months have passed by very slowly I see light at the end of the tunnel. For me I also found out who my true friends were, those who really care will make time to meet and encourage me to come out and try new activities. All the best, I hope your journey to recover is a swift and painless one.
    I applaud you for bettering yourself! I hope I'll be right behind you. Thank you!