The Hardest Part About Success....

2»

Replies

• JonoK
    JonoK Posts: 147 Member
    One difficulty is leaving your controlled eating environment (home) and going away with friends for the weekend. Everyone is on vacation and I have to be self-controlled and watch carefully what I decide to eat. Adulting is hard.
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    JonoK wrote: »
    One difficulty is leaving your controlled eating environment (home) and going away with friends for the weekend. Everyone is on vacation and I have to be self-controlled and watch carefully what I decide to eat. Adulting is hard.

Similar to this, for me, is not being in routine.

Every Sunday I meal prep and do laundry . . . and then go to my parents house for dinner . . . that's just what I do on Sundays. At the beginning of February I bought and moved into my first house and my routine was so off I struggled to function. Something as small as knowing on Sunday I meal prep for the week so that when I'm gone from the house for 10+ hours, it's ok because I know I have food that I've made to eat and I don't have to eat out.

Also, I have a fairly active/intense work out schedule and I work out 6 days/week . . . if that gets thrown off because of appointments or whatever I really struggle. And being successful means staying consistent so I really struggle when my routine is broken for any reason.
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Yes, being gone from home for any stretch of time is rough for me! I bring a small cooler and so much food on days I know I won't be home for a while. It looks a little silly, but I only eat my food, so whatever!

It's also really hard to not slip back into old habits. So many times, I've found out the hard way that they aren't gone still.
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    For me, the hardest part about success is keeping it up. I log onto MFP everyday for the much needed reality check. I like my MFP friends better than IRL friends............My IRL friends are waiting for me to fail:(
  • elucy_21
    elucy_21 Posts: 9 Member
    I've lost 40 lbs so far with 55 lbs to go and I have a lot of clothes that don't fit. I'm having an issue with letting the clothes go. I don't know why.
  • JonoK
    JonoK Posts: 147 Member
    elucy_21 wrote: »
    I've lost 40 lbs so far with 55 lbs to go and I have a lot of clothes that don't fit. I'm having an issue with letting the clothes go. I don't know why.

You had a lot of things invested in your old self - including all the time spent worrying about your image and how you dressed every day. It's expected that you are going to have difficulty getting rid of clothes that no longer fit. It's part of the journey - and a great problem to have to accept and overcome. 40 lbs is an incredible achievement. Just think how much different you'll feel when you get even closer to your goal. Keep at it - we're all in this together.
  • Calibrate
    Calibrate Posts: 52 Member
    RWClary wrote: »
    My biggest challenge was finding new friends into health and fitness.
    All I had in common with my old crowd was being fat and overindulging.

I really identify with this post. The big thing is the drinking. I quit drinking and will only indulge rarely. Most of my friends who drink think that I must have dropped off the face of the earth. I'm just not in the same place they are anymore, but I still miss them.
  • kthompson601
    kthompson601 Posts: 174 Member
    edited April 2016
    elucy_21 wrote: »

I also have a very hard time giving up clothes that don't fit. I would wear something and a coworker, who is a good friend, would say, "Seriously, girl, that is FALLING OFF YOU. Buy something that FITS!" Or I'd wear something I think looks okay and my best friend would say, "That adds 15 pounds. That shirt really isn't flattering any more." It's really difficult to let go of clothes for me. I keep thinking, "Maybe it doesn't look that bad." (But everyone around me says it does.) I think, "But I spent all that money. But I can't really afford something new. But I might need it again someday..."

Very hard to get rid of clothes.

It's also really hard for me when shopping. I was looking for some super cheap workout clothes at TJ Maxx, and first went to the rack with 3x-sized shirts. Then I thought, "No you are way thinner than this, remember?" and went to the 1x. I kept picking stuff up and saying, "This is still really too big." So I went to the 0x. "Man, this still looks too big. But there's nothing smaller than 0x! What comes before 0x???" It blew my mind to go to the "regular" section and buy an extra large. I kept holding up the tank top and thinking, "That is so small, there is no fabric, this will not fit in a million years," and it was bizarre to put it on and find it a little loose in the shoulders.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    The hardest thing for me has been accepting a compliment gracefully. When someone comments on my successful weight loss, I don't know how to respond.
  • MrsKila
    MrsKila Posts: 320 Member
    When people say " Just taste it, it won't kill you" :o
  • amyn73
    amyn73 Posts: 241 Member
    The hardest thing for me is knowing that I have an addictive desire to eat and it nay not go away. I get tired of the struggle some days and I worry that a healthy lifestyle will never be enough to stop me from over eating.
  • goodreadsgal
    goodreadsgal Posts: 248 Member
    Using food to handle stress
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!