Green Tea?

Options
Was wondering if anyone has tried green tea to help lose weight? If so what do you use to help sweetin the taste? Do you use lemon juice? Do you use Honey? Etc...??? And also what meal plans work well with the green tea???

Replies

• T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    there is really nothing like green tea you can take to measurably boost weight loss. your success will come on creating a deficit and sticking to it. sorry. no short cuts available.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Green tea has lots of health benefits, but unfortunately weight loss isn't really one of them.

http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/health-benefits-of-green-tea

I love green tea. When you brew green tea in boiling water, you can scald it. This gives you bitter tea. Make sure your water is "just about" to boil.

I like flavored green teas.....Lipton Superfruit Red Goji & Raspberry is nice. No sweetener needed. It makes good iced tea also.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Green tea does not help weight loss unless you are using it as a no/minimal calorie replacement for higher calorie beverages. There is nothing in green tea that boosts metabolism, other than a small amount of caffeine which can maybe burn off about 10 extra calories a day.

If you like it, drink it. I like mine with a splash of skim milk and a little (like 1/2 tsp) sugar.
  • becca20125
    becca20125 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks I'm not trying to take short cuts just want a sweet or something different taste to the tea! And to get others opinions
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    If you're really curious about green tea, you can look for the studies and read up on it yourself. Most of them haven't shown much. There have been some studies that show a very, very slight increase in metabolism (the oft cited 4% from a 1999 study - or about 50-100 extra calories a day). But that's within the margin of error for most people. It's not a noticeable difference.

If you want to drink green tea, go for it. But there's no real solid information on how much you'd need or what kind of interactions it might have for us to give you. Most of it comes from overhyped media articles or a misunderstanding of the science involved.

Pick a meal plan that you like and one that fits your daily goals. Hitting your calorie goals and any additional nutrition goals that you're tracking will be far more important than adding green tea to your daily routine.
  • becca20125
    Options
    Thanks I really appreciate the info!!!!
  • afatgirl2016
    afatgirl2016 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    @becca20125 hey, I ordered fittea a few months back, which I still haven't opened! But apparently it has good weight loss results, as well as bootea. I drink lose green tea every other day, and I feel so much better after it, not sure about weight loss. If only! good luck xx
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    @becca20125 hey, I ordered fittea a few months back, which I still haven't opened! But apparently it has good weight loss results, as well as bootea. I drink lose green tea every other day, and I feel so much better after it, not sure about weight loss. If only! good luck xx

Most of the fit, detox, and skinny teas contain either natural laxatives or diuretics. They cause you to drop water weight or waste very quickly but do not help with fat loss. Please be careful with teas that contain senna. They really shouldn't be used for more than a week.
  • becca20125
    Options
    I'm going to stick to the green tea for now I like it warm with some lemon before bed and before my workouts. I understand it won't make me lose tons of weight. I have to do it on my own so exercises and no sodas etc will have to do
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Tomk652015 wrote: »
    there is really nothing like green tea you can take to measurably boost weight loss. your success will come on creating a deficit and sticking to it. sorry. no short cuts available.

This.

• cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options

If Fittea was so awesome, why do they steal peoples weight loss progress photos?
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Why would anyone ruin it by sweetening it?
  • thigsten
    thigsten Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Green tea has antioxidants. I drink it with my breakfast. A little honey and that's it. GT helps me throughout the day after a early morning work out.