The struggles

Options
2»

Replies

• sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    I prelog the day, including a treat at the end of it (ice cream). If I get the munchies, I debate whether it's worth it to eat something that's not in the plan and give up my ice cream, or does the ice cream win?

Most of the time, the ice cream wins. If the craving is too much, I give up the ice cream.

Yes, I bargain with myself, but it works. :)
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    Plan. Incorporate treats. Not necessarily every day, but I remind myself I can certainly wait four days before I have a burrito and don't need to eat it TONIGHT.

High protein/high fiber foods helps me feel satiated. Having a not-too-aggressive calorie goal keeps me from really being hungry. Only emotional hunger cues I have to overcome.
  • kristinleah939
    kristinleah939 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Villae81 wrote: »
    I trick my mind lol I play psychology with myself for instance when I go hangout with friends I tell myself why does everything have to revolve around food? Why can't we do something else besides eating? And I also keep telling myself food is only fuel to keep me going my life doesn't revolve around it. Most of the time it works for me but there are just times when I cave in.
    I have to try this it's true..
  • Lovee_Dove7
    Lovee_Dove7 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    What do you guys do to help not over eat ?

High protein, fiber, fat....otherwise I am a very snacky and unsuccessful dieter!