Ketosis

Options
Anyone doing the keto diet, if so how's it going for you guys!

Replies

• ChrisR0se
    ChrisR0se Posts: 1,855 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it for almost a year from aa3omoy85bip4.jpeg
    size 22 to a nine 252 to 151 (I'm 5'1) so still fat :neutral:
  • GrenadeRachel
    GrenadeRachel Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    ChrisR0se wrote: »

You look amazing! Don't put yourself down like that, I hope you have at least a cheat day once in a while.!
  • flippy1234
    flippy1234 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Rachellwbu wrote: »
    ChrisR0se wrote: »

You look amazing! Don't put yourself down like that, I hope you have at least a cheat day once in a while.!

Wow! You look great!!!! and you are not fat!
  • BeardedYoung
    BeardedYoung Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I just began, I'm not in ketosis yet but I have only been going strong for 4 days. I found out "Cheat Days" really don't work with this kinda diet. I had a cheat day after I saw purple and haven't seen it since. Still tryin though. Feel free to add.

Also, yeah... amazing transformation!
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I'm down 75lb - None of it due to keto! I've been in a stall since I started. However, I'm down more than 9 inches overall, and 8% body fat since starting ketosis.
  • drwilseyjr
    drwilseyjr Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I found out "Cheat Days" really don't work with this kinda diet. I had a cheat day after I saw purple and haven't seen it since. Still tryin though.

This is something that needs to be understood when starting this way of eating. A spike in glucose can, and will, knock your body out of ketosis.

A ketogenic diet is also more than just a "low carb" diet. The carbs (source of glucose) have to be low enough for your body to switch from glycolysis to ketosis. This means watching your macros closely and, especially, your net carbs.

I usually recommend under 70g net carbs, but 50g or under should help to keep your body in ketosis and become keto adapted.

• drwilseyjr
    drwilseyjr Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Also, it's not easy at first, but it becomes easier. You must be dedicated and disciplined.

And ketogenic diets are not a magical way to lose weight. You still must eat at a deficit. A HFLC keto diet tends to stave off hunger, which can help in avoiding extra carbs, but it is a way of eating, not a magic diet.