Trying to gain 50lbs

Options
I am and have been trying to gain weight for a while, I am very new here and hoping to converse with other people who are actively looking to gain weight and have had success in doing so

Replies

• bokavirus
    bokavirus Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    what is your current weight and height?
    i am 5'4" and my current weight is 93lbs, my standard weight should be 124 for medium body frame.that means 31lbs less than my minimum requirement. what's yours?

be my accountable partner?
  • feedeefledge
    feedeefledge Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks for reply but I'm not sure if I'd be the right person for you. I am 5'8" and 200 lbs and not looking to gain 50 lbs of mostly muscle, I'm looking to gain 50 lbs of body fat, maybe more. However if I have you all wrong then I am sure we could help one another
  • Phylicia4024
    Phylicia4024 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am and have been trying to gain weight for a while, I am very new here and hoping to converse with other people who are actively looking to gain weight and have had success in doing so

Look up Apetamin on you tube It slows down your metabolism & increases your apetite. Its a vitamin syrup it taste like the flintstone vitamins I take it 3 times a day before food.
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Thanks for reply but I'm not sure if I'd be the right person for you. I am 5'8" and 200 lbs and not looking to gain 50 lbs of mostly muscle, I'm looking to gain 50 lbs of body fat, maybe more. However if I have you all wrong then I am sure we could help one another

Is there a particular reason you want to gain 50 lbs of fat on a 5'8 frame when you're already 200 lbs? I'm a 6'1" male at around 210 and bulked to 245 and felt absolutely miserable before I cut down. I couldn't walk up a flight of stairs without getting winded from all of the extra weight.
  • unawind
    unawind Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Weight gain fetishists using MFP to satisfy their kink. I've seen a few posts in this community to that effect.
  • HamsterManV2
    HamsterManV2 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Calculate your TDEE, that is how many calories you burn in a day. Eat that amount to maintain weight. Eat +500 of that daily for +1lb per week, and +1000 of that daily for +2lbs weekly (though unless you are severely underweight, most of that will be fat so I do not recommend surpassing 1lb/week).

Shakes, spreadables, olive oil, nuts, liquid calories are all good ways to get your caloric intake up there. And I definitely recommend working out (specifically building muscle - a bulk is you fuelling your body and all those gains gets used up well).