How often do you weigh in?

Replies

• dylanenglish1111
    dylanenglish1111 Posts: 4 Member
    With this tracker, im weighing in every day now..
  • allstarelmo23
    allstarelmo23 Posts: 120 Member
    First thing in the AM. Twice a week...
    fully naked(true story) wash my mouth, do my business(pee, etc) and after that weigh myself 3 times and take the average : )
  • ames105
    ames105 Posts: 288 Member
    edited April 2016
    I weigh myself daily because it keeps me focused. If I weigh myself weekly, I tend to slide on my diet and nutrition for a few days and then try to make up for it the last few days before a weigh in. The daily weigh in works for me.
  • Clintstruction
    Clintstruction Posts: 14 Member
    Every morning after a slash or evac...
  • drwilseyjr
    drwilseyjr Posts: 225 Member
    emzy42014 wrote: »
    Every morning? Why. Once a week for me and I dread it! Also find I loose or gain inches too

Once a morning creates a better trend in data. While you may dread it at first, over time, if you're losing weight and doing things right, it's nice to see that downhill slope.

Also, to get the most accurate weight, you should take it in the morning after you've gone to the bathroom naked. This will eliminate many variables like a full stomach or water.
  • alfageorge19
    alfageorge19 Posts: 12 Member
    Every day
  • Colorado1runner
    Colorado1runner Posts: 54 Member
    Every Monday morning when I wake up
  • ashudada2001
    ashudada2001 Posts: 231 Member
    Every monday morning just after shower, with only boxers. After finishing whole week's exercise schedule this is the best time to measure weight change n all size gain
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Reading the responses makes me feel like a nerd. I record daily post-pee morning weight because it seems the most reproducible. I also sometimes check pre-bedtime weight and I sometimes weigh at the gym to inform the settings of the elliptical.

So, if someone asks me what I weigh, it's a complicated answer!
  • Working_Hard4me
    Working_Hard4me Posts: 53 Member
    I weigh myself daily in the mornings. I usually only record 1-2 times a week on MFP though.
  • gillie80
    gillie80 Posts: 214 Member
    I weigh myself most mornings, but only log it on a thursday morning. I dot do it every morning (I didn't today) but I like to keep track of my trends, see what works and what doesnt.
  • amyr271
    amyr271 Posts: 343 Member
    StacyChrz wrote: »
    I weigh myself daily and was only recording losses for a while. I've started logging it daily simply because I want to get a better idea of my trends and how certain foods or activities effect my weight. It was actually fun this weekend to see it go up after a night out and then right back down again the next day.

Uhh I agree completly with this. ❤

How do you agree with this, when you said you do't understand why people weigh every day? (Not being sarky, just wondering if I had misread something
    Every morning? Why. Once a week for me and I dread it! Also find I loose or gain inches too

• TravisJHunt
    TravisJHunt Posts: 533 Member
    Every morning after my shower. Just keeps me honest.
  • NovaDuck
    NovaDuck Posts: 63 Member
    edited April 2016
    Every single morning for me. I keep track on weightgrapher.com which shows me the moving average, trending weight, changes and monthly prediction. I actually can't imagine not weighing daily now as it keeps me motivated. Daily weight fluctuations don't bother me though which makes it easier. :)

ETA: I don't record it on MFP every day though. Only when I've actually hit a new loss low.
  • redkitten25
    redkitten25 Posts: 6 Member
    I weigh-in daily as it keeps me accountable and helps me stay motivated to avoid "cheat days". Once a week (for me, YMMV) meant I would then binge on weigh-in day (and then sometimes the next) with the self-justification that I had a week to make up for it, and tended to either not lose or gain weight back. During the 5 years that I managed to keep off a 50 pound loss, I weighed daily for the same reasons.

When I stopped weighing daily I gained it back and it has taken years to get back in a good headspace for weight loss (not sure I am always there even now). I only record losses, but it keeps me aware of what I am putting in my mouth and how my activity level is all the time.
  • Runnonestop9
    Runnonestop9 Posts: 172 Member
    Every Friday morning before the weekend onslaught
  • gayle2468
    gayle2468 Posts: 9 Member
    I'm weighing daily
  • woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    I weigh myself several times a week but not necessarily daily. I record on Fridays to allow the weekend eating to balance out with the work week eating. It motivates me to see the number decrease on the scale so if I am on a downward trend, I am apt to weigh myself more often.
  • DananaNanas
    DananaNanas Posts: 665 Member
    Mondays and Fridays and I record both on MFP. No method to the madness, just what I do.
  • KAYRRIE
    KAYRRIE Posts: 201 Member
    StacyChrz wrote: »
    I weigh myself daily and was only recording losses for a while. I've started logging it daily simply because I want to get a better idea of my trends and how certain foods or activities effect my weight. It was actually fun this weekend to see it go up after a night out and then right back down again the next day.

This is an interesting reason to do this.