Replies

• CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Whatever fits my goals for the day.
  • ASH_DVM
    ASH_DVM Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Whole egg. Egg white has no flavor. All the flavor is in the yolk.
  • michmill98_1
    michmill98_1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    My vote is for the whole egg. Only 70 calories and 6 grams of protein!
  • sexymom04
    sexymom04 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    but is there a difference nutrition wise?
  • acheben
    acheben Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    sexymom04 wrote: »
    but is there a difference nutrition wise?

Of course, but neither one is better on its own. It all depends on how it fits into your calorie/nutrition goals.

Egg whites have 52 calories and 11g of protein per 100g with almost no fat or vitamins/minerals. Whole eggs have 143 calories, 13g of protein, and 10g of fat per 100g with a whole assortment of minerals/vitamins.
  • emshields1
    emshields1 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    whole egg if you are working out, egg white if not....
  • JoshuaMcAllister
    JoshuaMcAllister Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Both!

I always have at least one yolk, for all the reasons stated above, vitamins/minerals,taste and the added fat. It's usually 4 egg white to 1 yolk, that balance suits me, 4 yolks contain to much fat and cholesterol to match my daily macros.
  • sexymom04
    Options
    good to know thanks, I had a breakfast burrito this morning with one whole egg and 2 egg whites
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    emshields1 wrote: »
    whole egg if you are working out, egg white if not....

No need to avoid egg yolks just because you're not working out. Most of the protein is in the egg white anyway.

OP, here is a breakdown of the nutrition within the egg. Personally, I choose whole eggs when I can fit them. The satiety index is high- fat is important for feeling full or satisfied longer.
  • sexymom04
    Options
    thank you and I am working out
  • Crisseyda
    Crisseyda Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I love eggs, but the yolk is the most nutrient dense. I usually take 4 raw egg yolks with some heavy cream and whole milk to make my own "egg nog" for breakfast. An egg yolk is like a natural daily vitamin! The whites I can take them or leave them (apparently you digest them better when cooked), but I would never discard the yolks :)
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I am allergic to the yolks, but i would eat them if I could, for all the reasons listed above. I eat the whites pretty often though, for the protein punch.
  • tugsandpulls760
    tugsandpulls760 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    sexymom04 wrote: »
    What is better, whole egg or egg white?
    whole eggs the yolk has a lot of nutritional value

• Mentali
    Mentali Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I volunteer to eat any and all leftover egg products to reduce egg waste as the best food on this earth

eggsong.jpg
  • sexymom04
    Options
    Mentali wrote: »
    I volunteer to eat any and all leftover egg products to reduce egg waste as the best food on this earth

eggsong.jpg

lol cute
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    I only eat whole eggs.
  • gnarlykickflip
    gnarlykickflip Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    i like my eggs scrambled, so mixing whites and whole eggs is a good way for me to get all the protein i want while still keeping my fat/calories lower and maintaining the texture and flavor. i dont like to waste yolks so when i cook eggs i crack a whole one or two and then pour some whites out of a carton. mostly i add the whites for extra physical volume, honestly
  • sexymom04
    Options
    i like my eggs scrambled, so mixing whites and whole eggs is a good way for me to get all the protein i want while still keeping my fat/calories lower and maintaining the texture and flavor. i dont like to waste yolks so when i cook eggs i crack a whole one or two and then pour some whites out of a carton. mostly i add the whites for extra physical volume, honestly

didn't think of that, I hate throwing out good foor, I'll have to get some.

• extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    depends.. if you need more protein with relatively few calories, go for the egg whites. If you have room for the cals and fat, then eat the whole egg