DDP Yoga

iangelbailey10
iangelbailey10 Posts: 51 Member
edited April 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
Has anyone tried the DDP Yoga program, and is it worth the price? I've honestly never do yoga, but have been looking at it lately. This came up in my search and seems to be a good program. Thoughts?

Replies

• marciawoodyard135
    marciawoodyard135 Posts: 7 Member
    I bought a few yoga videos and have been doing one the past few days - I like it- not intense but good stretching- I cannot find a way to record it under exercise- frustrated with the he app- but still learning
  • iangelbailey10
    I have not been tracking exercise enough I don't believe. My doctor wants me to stay under 1200 calories, and it won't let you here when you record the exercise it wants you to eat more. So, I just keep track of exercise myself. I dunno if that is the best way or not lol..
  • wonko221
    wonko221 Posts: 292 Member
    I'd be curious as to why a doctor advises you to stay under 1200 calories, especially if you're working out. 1200 is generally the lowest caloric goal for a small female trying to lose weight.

I don't know about DDP Yoga personally, although i recall a really touching video of a veteran who was chair-bound and morbidly obese that found DDP's Yoga program, and lost weight, rehabilitated his body, and was able to go from a wheel chair to running.

I have done some other light yoga, don't know the style, and can tell from my martial art's background that my teacher, at least, knows her stuff. She focuses on safety and proper body alignment, and pushed me into poses that i wouldn't have expected i could get into!
  • iangelbailey10
    Thanks for the info on the yoga. The more I read about it, the more beneficial it sounds.

My doctor didn't tell me why to stay there. He gave me a range of 1100-1200 calories a day. I have been doing it for a little over a month now, and it is working... I don't feel bad or anything. I have increased my water intake as well. I aim for 3 liters a day. Most days I am going past that. I have cut out sugar (mostly), caffeine, and am trying to eat more of a clean diet...
  • mmteixeira
    mmteixeira Posts: 118 Member
    I haven't tried DDP Yoga - I have done PiYo with Chalene Johnson and I really enjoyed that - it's a little faster paced Yoga and Pilates mix - a good workout with some flexibility benefits...
  • jonward85
    jonward85 Posts: 534 Member
    I've done DDP Yoga. Here is my take. Personally i love the program. He's fun to watch and it is an enjoyable program. The videos have pretty good structure and if you follow the program they're a solid workout.

That being said, He does mostly yoga poses (with different names) but the yoga is not meditative. It is not peaceful or serene. It's much more like body weight exercise video than a yoga video. The biggest complaint i've heard is it isn't yoga in the traditional sense of getting to be one with your body and the spiritualish type aspects that go with yoga.

My personal feeling is i'd give it a 4.5 out of 5 stars because i really enjoy it. Currently can't get it on my dvd player so i'm frustrated but that's more my fault than the dvd :smile: . If you're looking for something as a good intro that you can work up and beyond it's a great program.
  • iangelbailey10
    I like the fact that it is not the traditional form of yoga. The traditional form of meditative yoga doesn't appeal to me. The only times I have tried it I was more stressed out over trying to relax than anything, and felt frustrated after trying it lol.
  • jonward85
    jonward85 Posts: 534 Member
    Based on that i think you'd probably like the program. You might try Youtube or some less reputable sites to see if you can find a video of someone doing it or a knock-off to see if you'll like it. I got mine 2nd hand so it was cheap and was really worth what i spent. However, if you buy the full program it might come with some kind of money back time frame. I'm a member of nerdfitness and there are some message boards there. http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/45222-ddp-yoga/ for others who have used the program.
  • iangelbailey10
    I have thought about looking on ebay for it. It isn't available on amazon right now it said. Thanks for the link. I will check that out.